• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally went to the dark side, picked up a 6-speed R8 v10 in my favorite color!

a few years ago someone from a cali drive had a dash cam and duirng a highway deluge the nsx in front left the road barely missing the underpass support.I thought you were on that drive....I can't seem to find that thread.

Not me, but I do want to see that video for shits and giggles.....

Not me, but I do want to see that video for shits and giggles.....

Take offense, the doc is poking fun at you. ;) It was a blacked out NSX that slid off the road and barely missed the concrete stanchion that would have surely totaled his car.

now guys........ I have been wanting to buy one at auction but my brain noticed something....... ALL the R8's I have seen at auction have been wrecked in the same spot?

the driverside middle behind the door. its like when you lose control it gets hit right behind the driver door and bends the frame. maybe 4w drive or there is a flaw in the design of the car that make them all wreck in the same spot. so I decided I would never want one inless it was free and the V10 LOL

I'm not on R8 level, yet, but I really want to see more of that S2000 in the pictures.

If I sell my SFWD Racecar, that's going to be the next toy I buy (or trade for if I find someone wanting to trade me one for it).

Love the R8, always have and having owned an Audi in the past, they scare the shit out of me maintenance wise. I had horrible luck with mine, but then again it was a '98 A4, nowhere near what this thing is. They're very beautiful cars, no doubt!

I always joke "I had two amazing days I owned my Audi - the day I bought it and the day I sold it!"

Last edited:
now guys........ I have been wanting to buy one at auction but my brain noticed something....... ALL the R8's I have seen at auction have been wrecked in the same spot?

the driverside middle behind the door. its like when you lose control it gets hit right behind the driver door and bends the frame. maybe 4w drive or there is a flaw in the design of the car that make them all wreck in the same spot. so I decided I would never want one inless it was free and the V10 LOL

Don't jinx me man ~ actually the ones I see at auction always have passenger side damage! I think the chassis frame is aluminum on these cars with steel body panels?

I'm not on R8 level, yet, but I really want to see more of that S2000 in the pictures.

If I sell my SFWD Racecar, that's going to be the next toy I buy (or trade for if I find someone wanting to trade me one for it).

Love the R8, always have and having owned an Audi in the past, they scare the shit out of me maintenance wise. I had horrible luck with mine, but then again it was a '98 A4, nowhere near what this thing is. They're very beautiful cars, no doubt!

I always joke "I had two amazing days I owned my Audi - the day I bought it and the day I sold it!"

I think your joke applies to boats too (most happy days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it). My uncle has a Carver and I asked him if that was true and he just rolled his eyes :)

I started my euro cars with a B5 s4 in Chicago and that thing was rock solid reliable. Back then I only had one car and you really need AWD to survive the midwest winters. Eventually I had that thing shipped to CA and drove it for about 40k miles and sold her to a friend. Never a single issue with the car. I think BMW/Audi reliability is a hit or miss. I always take care of my cars and both were bought new so I knew the history behind them. My close friend leased an A8 many years ago however and the dealer had to lemon the car so bad luck maybe.

The s2000 is an amazing car, jack of all trades and does everything so well plus it's frugal on gas and makes a decent DD as long with a liveable trunk. It was my daily for many years till the kids arrived. I've owned about a dozen of them now through the years and they all served me well. My wife has a red one and I have a white one. Stock they make great cars but supercharged it's a whole new game. Think e46 m3 power in a smaller lightweight frame. Whenever I need to run errands around town and don't need large cargo space, the s2000 is the first set of keys I grab. Feels so frugal and green driving the car. Easy to park, no blind spots top down, fun, best shifter in the world :)

I Love R8s, I think they are a distant cousin to the NSX......I think they will be kinda ageless like the NSX too....You are one lucky bastard......

Congrats

Here's my v10 r8 I picked up in December with 2 other prime members lambos

So a few months into the ownership experience I have decided to do some "small" upgrades to get the car ready for it's first show. Since it seems almost every part for this car is like at least $1k plus, LOL I decided to go slow. Can you believe a CF shift knob for this car is like $500-600!

My list of upgrades include:
a) New Front lip splitters
b) H/R 10mm/12mm spacers
c) Exhaust valve mod
d) Carbon Fiber Steering wheel + E-brake + shift knob
e) Caliper and side mirrors will be re-done in Lambo Green
f) Ceramic Tint
g) Install Audi LATCH baby seat system in front passenger seat

Recaro seat test fit didn't work, seat is too wide so going to switch to a Radian RXT:

Calipers are done (no spacers on yet)

Next to my brother's clean GS:

Heh, and so it begins.....gorgeous car. You're going to paint the mirrors green? You sure you want to do that?

Heh, and so it begins.....gorgeous car. You're going to paint the mirrors green? You sure you want to do that?

I'm not sure, hence I'm wrapping them in green so no worries just peel if don't like it :)

My H/R spacers arrive today and have started on the interior mods. Waiting on my CF flat bottom wheel and decided to work on the shift knob first :)

Oh and the green mirrors will match the calipers and other accents I have planned once I get the new front lip:

Back