f40 video

Originally posted by RON300R:
Who are your troops, a bunch of guys who hang around you for what you own?Your a joke.

I'm not sure who the troops are, but its a safe bet they'll all be arriving in MR2s.

-- DavidV
biggrin.gif

------------------
Get Boosted!
www.boostedgroup.com

Netviper, the under scrutiny reports are just articles ive read from other magazines who have not been able to come anywhere near those performance figures quoted by Autocar. several have stated that they doubted Autocars testing devices.. also Autocar did the test in 1994, so maybe the testing devices have changed in the last 8 years. but road and track and car and drivers results were both way way way off those quoted by Autocar, both in accelration and top end. i beleive one magazines stated that Autocar used 2 different cars, one to measure acceleration, with short gears, and one for top speed with long gears.

I can see it now... a civil war.. 86 POS mr2's lined up for battle.. 43 on each side.. ready to kill or be killed.... oh man.. that is lame.

Originally posted by ALLAN:
Netviper, the under scrutiny reports are just articles ive read from other magazines who have not been able to come anywhere near those performance figures quoted by Autocar. several have stated that they doubted Autocars testing devices.. also Autocar did the test in 1994, so maybe the testing devices have changed in the last 8 years. but road and track and car and drivers results were both way way way off those quoted by Autocar, both in accelration and top end. i beleive one magazines stated that Autocar used 2 different cars, one to measure acceleration, with short gears, and one for top speed with long gears.

The Road and Track article doesnt mention anything about that. I have not seen any other reviews of the Mclaren.. though I would like to read them. The car is bloody fast, regardless. I am surprised someone hasn't turbo charged it
smile.gif
Maybe a little NOS ... allan.. you up for it
smile.gif

How many pennies you got saved soo far ron, ill tell you if your close.

netviper, it wasnt road and track that made mention of those facts, it was another euro magazine. i just used r+t as an example of a magazine that couldnt get close to the numbers posted by autocar.

as far as me getting a mclaren f1 and turboeing it, well thats way out of my league. 1 million bucks for a car that smokes from the back, and backfires, and i need a tow truck?

i was actually thinking the other day, that if i could take a car that wouldnt be outrageously expensive and i wanted all out speed and keep reliability, then a twin turbocharged Pagani Zonda C12s would foot the bill. i think the mercedes could esily handle 900-1000hp and that in 3000pds would be pretty awesome.then again so would a tt diablo sv or lambo murcielago tt. now if i were only rich!

cojones, i dont know how to get a naturally asp nsx to shoot flames. i guess maybe richen it up alittle. but mine with no cats just crackles and backfires slightly on overrun. maybe if it had no muffler it would do it.

the lambo also shoots some huge flames between shifts, looks awesome!

RICH=PUFF DADDY AT 295 MILLION DOLLARS
BRITANY SPEARS AT 100 MILLION DOLLARS

no matter who you are, or how much money you have, there is always someone out there to make you look very insignificant. also, no matter how much money you have, you always want more.

when i was younger, id say if i could just get countach, i would keep it forever and never want another car, soo much for that idea!

i just gotta keep working and one day ill have my dream garage!

yes, thats it, thanks for the correction, an nsx is what i meant to say.

im actually thumbing through an old issue of Evo magazine right now, where they had a poll for the 100 greatest performance cars of all time.how they figure these things out i have no idea, heres some of the cars.
89 ferrari 308-328
80 porsche boxster
75 corvette zr1
63 jaguar xj220
60 nsx
58 pagani zonda
55 ruf porsche
36 ferrari f50
34 bugatti eb110
32 ferrari 550 maranello
26 lamborghini countach
23 lotus esprit tt
16 nissan skyline
14 ferrari 288 gto
13 dodge viper
11 lamborghini muira
9 ferrari 360 modena
6 lamborghini diablo
3 ferrari f40
2 porsche 911
1 mclaren f1

Ron my lotus backfires, pops, and shoots like a flamethrower---nothing wrong with that and IMO I think is the coolest thing a car can do. I would rather have that than a tincan for a muffler or a lawnmower for an engine

hey bill, my nsx poops, i mean pops sometimes, its hard to hear though because usually when im racing someone in it the Singer sewing machine, i mean v-tech in the back gets soo loud and im trying hard to concentrate on the car im racing because its usually in front of me.

Back