f40 video

Originally posted by NetViper:
Cute.. The ROAD car does it in 6.3 seconds. (citing an issue of Motor Trend that had a test from a European Magazine). No other car is even close. It smokes GT2's, F40's F50's, Diablo's. Pretty much everything.

What about MR2s?
biggrin.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

netviper, i have all the stats from that issue that tested the mclaren. their data has come under considerable scrutiny. also every test of a U.S. mclaren has been considerably slower. car and driver tested one and achieved a 1/4 time of 11.5 @125, vs the euro test of 11.1@138.

here are the mclaren stats
0-60=3.2
0-100=6.3
0-150=12.8
0-200=28.0
these are from the euro magazine, and the enzo, will not be even close to theses numbers.

Originally posted by ALLAN:
netviper, i have all the stats from that issue that tested the mclaren. their data has come under considerable scrutiny. also every test of a U.S. mclaren has been considerably slower. car and driver tested one and achieved a 1/4 time of 11.5 @125, vs the euro test of 11.1@138.

0-60=3.2
0-100=6.3
0-150=12.8
0-200=28.0
these are from the euro magazine, and the enzo, will not be even close to theses numbers.

I had never heard those stats were under scrutiny. I know the test of the Mclaren in the Road and Track was slower, but it was also in extreme heat. They were like 3.4 to 60 and 7.7 to 100MPH.. i think.

There are also some stats in Tiff Neddles' review of the Mclaren F1. (which is one of the best movies of the Mclaren I have ever seen!)

It is, IMO, the ulimate car.

[This message has been edited by NetViper (edited 05 September 2002).]

The Mclaren is the last of a dying breed. There will never be a car like it again, too many laws out there now that prohibit a car like this. While the enzo (which i too think is hideous) is quick it will not match these numbers in any way shape or form. It is the car that all others are measured against-it had it all-handling, performance, looks, pricetag. While some cars might match one or two areas nonoe will ever be able to beat it in every area. 0-60 in 3 sec 0-100 in under 7 1/4 mile in 11 sec as well as a top speed of 244mph and it can all be had for the price of a cool million. And to think that they werre losing money on each car is mind boggling. Have never seen one in real life and would love to get a ride in one before I die.

McLaren IS the Pinnacle IMO.

...not to discount the F40, it had the same status as the McLaren years ago.

[This message has been edited by NSXXX (edited 05 September 2002).]

0-60=3.2
0-100=6.3
0-150=12.8
0-200=28.0

Hold on for one second: Top speed of the Enzo is 237mph per the Ferrari press packet.

:-)

Jay Leno has a Mclaren. It is his 3rd favorite car.

Taken from popluar mechanics site "The new British-built McLaren F1 is probably the greatest car ever. I like it because it's a car that's designed from the ground up. Take a car like the Lamborghini Diablo. They modify it, put a wing on it and extra spoilers, just to make it do what it's supposed to do. Whereas the McLaren does it right from the get-go. It's a perfect example of form following function. This is what it needs to look like to do its job, so that's what it looks like. And y'know, it looks right. It's also the brainchild of basically one guy. Gordon Murray, the designer, doesn't like radios so the F1 isn't available with a radio. But he likes rock-and-roll so the car is available with a special Kenwood compact disc sound system that uses aluminum magnets and weighs less than half of a normal CD player. I like it when it's one guy's version of what a car should be. That's probably true of most of my choices."

Lucky bastard
smile.gif
I would LOVE to be Jay Leno!

[This message has been edited by NetViper (edited 05 September 2002).]

Jay has an awesome car collection, including several lambos. there is a mclaren that cruises around scottsdale all the time. its a burnt orange color.

i heard top speed for the enzo is 217.

Originally posted by NetViper:
Jay Leno has a Mclaren. It is his 3rd favorite car.

What are Leno's #1 and #2 choices? I know he must have an F50; he is wiping it down in a Ferrari video I have.

He also has that rocket-powered sportbike. Just can't picture him on that at 300mph, though...

... there is a mclaren that cruises around scottsdale all the time. its a burnt orange color...

Technically, I THINK the official name of that color is McLaren Orange (the old McLaren CanAm and F1 cars were that color).
cool.gif

ALLAN, I envy you because I have never seen a McLaren in person (I didn't know they were legal in the States).

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Originally posted by Michigan NSX:

I didn't know they were legal in the States.

They are (were?) imported by a company called Ameritech. They make a couple changes to make them street legal for import. (they filled in the 2 side seats and put on ugly ass bumpers) Once the car is here though, I guess you can take all that off and restore it to OEM condition.

There is one owner in TX, Jay in CA, and someone in scottsdale apparently. I have no idea how many made it here.

there is also a guy in florida who had 2 of them, one for him, and one for his wife. he sold one of them. this guy has several lambos,a ferrari f50, a jag xj220 also.
george harrison also had a mclaren f1, and soo did mr.bean, who wrecked his.
truthfully in my opinion, the roadgoing mclaren is not that nice of a car. looks good from the front, ok from the side and the back is ugly. the wheels are terrible. but others ive seen, with the wing, different wheels look really good.

ron300r, very intelligent comment on the f40! my nsx pops and backfires, and blows smoke also. i better keep the number of a tow truck company handy, because im sure it has nothing to do with the fact that i have no cats and the outside temp.

Originally posted by RON300R:
And if that is your white car I'm sure you have a tow truck company's number memorized.What is up with that stripe?

That stripe comes standard from Lamborghini and denotes the special edition of the Diablo.

Allan doesn't have the tow truck company's number memorized. When the Lambo won't start, he takes out one his MR2s and is soon smiling from ear to ear.

-- DavidV
biggrin.gif

------------------
Get Boosted!
www.boostedgroup.com

[This message has been edited by BoostedMR2 (edited 06 September 2002).]

That stripe denotes something special to me too.With an nsx that pops,backfires and blows smoke and that lambo I'm sure he puts those mr2's to use.You should take in your nsx for service I'm sure they will fix it right up for you.You just can't put gas and go you need maintenance now and then.

hey ron300r, were you really born stupid or did your mom(if you even know who she is) drop you on your head?

you will see smoke come out of the back of a car when it is cold outside, when you get on the throttle on a car that hasnt been opened up in awhile, if your running no cats,etc. doesnt mean anything is wrong with the car. many people change their exhausts to get a popping backfiring sound.

on my lotus, it pops, backfires and then shoots two big flames out the exhaust, i like that alot.

that is my white car, and if it makes you feel better at night that i need a tow truck for it, then good for you, but trust me, i trust it just as much to go cross country as do my nsx. dont get me wrong though, if it were unreliable and did break down, i like it enough to buy another, to have one constantly on hand, i'd just sell the nsx, and have 2 diablos.

hey ron300r, were you really born stupid or did your mom(if you even know who she is) drop you on your head?

...and little patience (or courtesy) to an obviously new poster to these forums.
rolleyes.gif

C'mon ALLAN, give the guy a chance to get his feet wet and learn a little about the people here before you NAIL him.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

[This message has been edited by Michigan NSX (edited 06 September 2002).]

i'd just sell the nsx, and have 2 diablos.

Sell the NSX to get another dialbo?? That must be one expenisve nsx you have.. or a cheap diablo
smile.gif

ALLAN, You never elaborated on the Mclaren stats.. where did you read they were scrutiny? I meant to look at my video last night of it where it blows away a JDM supra and runs 11.1 in the 1/4.

michigan nsx, the guy comes in here and attacks my car, he's going to get it.

i meant id sell the nsx to make room for another diablo, not use the money from one to another.

now i have to go into the garage, start the lotus and pump out some flames, and burn the front bumper of my nsx off. you guys are putting my little nsx through alot of abuse.

if you read my post to him, i was very nice until he mentioned the tow truck and my car.

now he is on the list, ive already summoned the troops.

Back