• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

f1spec Full bucket racin seats. in frp,cf,ck

Status
Not open for further replies.
no.. it's hitting the door without anyone sitting in them. :frown:

would you please tell me which holes front and back you're using? I will try to replicate your set up.

Thanks,

Kenny

no.. it's hitting the door without anyone sitting in them. :frown:

would you please tell me which holes front and back you're using? I will try to replicate your set up.

Thanks,

Kenny

Dhalsim
thanks for chiming in for the help.

try adjusting the 2 nuts on each of the sidemounts,
so you can adjust it more towards the center of the car.

ming

already tried. The seatbelt buckle will not let me move it anymore to the center than it is.

I will try to work on it sometime this week.

I tried again last week. This time I did not even mount the seatbelt anchor.

no... still too wide.

I have 4 sets of brackets for each seat (2 sets come from the seats and 2 sets from the brackets) and I have tried ~4 different height combination (short front/rear, short rear high front, high rear, short front) with different brackets and the door will still hit the shoulder bolsters.

I will measure the width of the shoulder bolsters and will compare that with the oem seats. I don't know what else I can try at this point.

Kenny

I just measured the width of the type 2 vs. the oem seat.

Type 2 shoulder bolster is 23.5" wide

OEM shoulder bolster is 21" wide.

It means compared to oem, the type 2 will stick out 1.25" on each side. There are no 1.25" of clearance between the oem seat and the door.

Currently these seats are sitting in my living room waiting assistance from anyone.. :frown:

I just measured the width of the type 2 vs. the oem seat.

Type 2 shoulder bolster is 23.5" wide

OEM shoulder bolster is 21" wide.

It means compared to oem, the type 2 will stick out 1.25" on each side. There are no 1.25" of clearance between the oem seat and the door.

Currently these seats are sitting in my living room waiting assistance from anyone.. :frown:

i think i might have a solution.
the funny thing is i sold 3-4 sets of these to nsx owners and they haven't had any problems.

maybe sidemounts like these will help you adjust the seat more towards the center.

2lq4rc.jpg

Thanks for the quick shipping Ming,

These sidemounts will definitely will not fit the seat to the slider. There is no clearance for the nuts to secure to the slider. Well even at the highest settings the seatbelt anchor will not clear the seat.

I am back to the original brackets trying to make something work.

Kenny

i think i might have a solution.
the funny thing is i sold 3-4 sets of these to nsx owners and they haven't had any problems.

maybe sidemounts like these will help you adjust the seat more towards the center.

2lq4rc.jpg

Attempted to install the seats again tonight.

This is the 3rd attempt. Failed as miserable as the first two tries.

I just don't get it.. How can these seats fit? I took some pictures this time. Please excuse the dirty carpet and the bad lighting...

Seat sat as far toward center as possible. Notice the right bolster situate relative to the pillar.

fitment01.jpg

Close up. the door is not shut.
fitment02.jpg

fitment03.jpg

fitment04.jpg

fitment05.jpg

The door is not latched in any of the pictures above. I tried every possible combination of brackets and I just can't find a combination that will get these seats to clear the door panel.

Kenny is pretty frustrated.... :mad:

Last update

Well.. Couple of guys just picked up both seats. I sold them.

I just could not make them fit in my nsx. I don't know why... I know Dhalsim was able to do it. I was not able to do it without the shoulder bolster clearing the door panel. BTW a huge thank you goes to him for a lot of assistance.

They are great seats for the price. I just can't get them crammed in to the nsx.

Re: Last update

Well.. Couple of guys just picked up both seats. I sold them.

I just could not make them fit in my nsx. I don't know why... I know Dhalsim was able to do it. I was not able to do it without the shoulder bolster clearing the door panel. BTW a huge thank you goes to him for a lot of assistance.

They are great seats for the price. I just can't get them crammed in to the nsx.

i'm sorry that the seats didn't work out for you ,

ming

Re: Last update

F1spec has just collaborated with a auto upholstery shop to do custom covers for certain seats.

please pm me or message me here for quotes

ming

Ming pm me a price for a set of black on carbon nsx-r replicas with rails.
Also can you make the covers in alcantera? Is it an option

And how close to the FIA approval ....been a while now..

Thank you

Bill

Ming pm me a price for a set of black on carbon nsx-r replicas with rails.
Also can you make the covers in alcantera? Is it an option

And how close to the FIA approval ....been a while now..

Thank you

Bill

Can you PM me the same info plus leather options?

Thanks,

Tai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back