• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

f1spec Full bucket racin seats. in frp,cf,ck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any pics of the R1 reclinable seats in their NSX? Also, out of all of the models available, which one sits the lowest to the ground?

I'm leaning towards the R1, but if they sit too high, then I'm going to have to consider a different model....

Does anyone have any pics of the R1 reclinable seats in their NSX? Also, out of all of the models available, which one sits the lowest to the ground?

I'm leaning towards the R1, but if they sit too high, then I'm going to have to consider a different model....

[/QUOTE]

I am interested to know any of these seats will give me more headroom? That is probably the deciding factor for me.

I am interested to know any of these seats will give me more headroom? That is probably the deciding factor for me.

that depends on the rails ,
with the sidemount buddy club ones , you can sit the seat really low,
the seat can touch the floor

Thanks for posting the pics Ming.

Can someone who has the R1 model confirm if the seating position is lower than stock? I'm only 5'9" and my head almost touches the roof with the stock seats so I'm trying to find the lowest reclinable seats out there.

I guess buckets would sit lower due to the side mounted brackets?:confused:

Thanks for posting the pics Ming.

Can someone who has the R1 model confirm if the seating position is lower than stock? I'm only 5'9" and my head almost touches the roof with the stock seats so I'm trying to find the lowest reclinable seats out there.

I guess buckets would sit lower due to the side mounted brackets?:confused:

the side mounted seats will sit lower compared to the bottom mounted r1's

Pm'd you on shipping cost to Canada. What is the difference between the Type 4 and 5 seats? You have them both on sale right now?

the type 5 has more of a straight back compared tot he concaved back on the type 4'

the shoulder wings are widers on the type 4 than the type 5

people with R1's

Can anyone confirm does the R1's have more or less head room compared to the stock seats?

Thanks,

ALL BLACK TYPE R1's back in stock .

CARBON KEVLAR AND FRP

Ming, remember there is a bunch of us here in socal (I can count 4 including myself) who might buy your seats if we get to see, feel and sit in one. If you can arrange for one of your socal customers to let us check it out, you might get some good business.

Ming, remember there is a bunch of us here in socal (I can count 4 including myself) who might buy your seats if we get to see, feel and sit in one. If you can arrange for one of your socal customers to let us check it out, you might get some good business.

the thing is , with customers being scared of showing the seats and their cars to strangers, alot have declined, or some of them actually don't have updated phone numbers.

any one wanna take the bite and i'll sell it at a lower discount . compared to the nsx prime special ? HAS TO BE LOCATED IN SOCAL .

ming

the thing is , with customers being scared of showing the seats and their cars to strangers, alot have declined, or some of them actually don't have updated phone numbers.

any one wanna take the bite and i'll sell it at a lower discount . compared to the nsx prime special ? HAS TO BE LOCATED IN SOCAL .

ming

With all due respect, you must be kidding. I have been a member of the NSX community here in socal since 1994 and we have always enjoyed showing each other our cars and latest modifications. Hell, I have let NSX owers I just met drive my CT NSX and I have lent the second Tubi muffler prototype I had made to a fellow NSXer for 2 weeks to evaluate it and showcase it to others. Surely a $700 seat is not worth all that fear and secrecy. Several of us have asked you to point to a socal user of your seats for over a year now...

Last edited:
Do we have any updates on the testing results?

as of right now i'm still waiting for the test results.

The FIA approval is suppose to contact me about the FIA approval and I'm waiting for their call as of right now .

ming

the FIA approval is in the process and hopefully it will be in time for the racing season .

ming

As of right now we are waiting for the next testing date for having them approved.

Its been over a year since we've requested FIA approval and crash test reports. I'm local to your company, but IMO a seat is worthless unless its seen some sort of concrete testing apparatus.

Last edited:
With all due respect, you must be kidding. I have been a member of the NSX community here in socal since 1994 and we have always enjoyed showing each other our cars and latest modifications. Hell, I have let NSX owers I just met drive my CT NSX and I have lent the second Tubi muffler prototype I had made to a fellow NSXer for 2 weeks to evaluate it and showcase it to others. Surely a $700 seat is not worth all that fear and secrecy. Several of us have asked you to point to a socal user of your seats for over a year now...

i understand from your point of view.
but i'm not just asking all of my nsx customers,
i understand from your point of view that , you wouldn't mind showing it , but not alot of people are like you .

the people i have asked have declined, or the phone numbers are not in use anymore.

ming

initial observations of the seats.. much longer than I thought!

Shipping

I got the buddy club brackets/sliders yesterday via UPS ground. My set of black type 2 in CF arrived two hours ago via Fedex Ground. Packaging got roughed up but the seats came out ok. Boxing the seats separately should protect the seats better. I guess it's adequate since the shipping is free and they did not get damaged. Ming uses Fedex Ground with direct signature for the seats... Meaning one have to be at home in person to sign for it. They will not leave it at the door if you're not home. I missed work yesterday waiting for a package that did not come because of it (the website's estimated delivery was incorrect.) I understand Ming needs to protect himself but I just want to mention it.

Contents

These seats came with brackets and generic sliders (non-nsx specific). I also got buddyclub bracket/sliders with the seats. Since I want to sit as low as possible, the rear (tall) brackets from BC have some clearance problems with the seat belt holes. I moved the front BC brackets to the rear and use the f1 brackets for the front. The only negative I found so far is that there are no instructions with these seats... It might not be a big issue if you have done this before but it's somewhat of a problem for me b/c I have never worked with one. I figured it out though.

Build Quality and Fitment

I am 6'2" with 40" waist - I am a big boy. I fit like a tight glove - not as tight as OJ's but it's pretty tight. I'd say anyone over 40" do not need to apply. The shoulder "wings" push my shoulders forward. It's not uncomfortable, but I am aware of it.

The seats have very grippy fabric - similar to "mouse fur". I can see them to be dust magnets but they are very good for the price. Paddings are good - hope they will hold up. Those black plastic covers for the seat belt holes look low-rent and out of place between nice the looking fabric and excellent CF seat back. I am willing to pay extra $10 for better material/construction.

That's all I got for now. Will take pictures after install... once I get my car back from my mechanic. :smile:

Last edited:
Re: initial observations of the seats.. much longer than I thought!

Shipping

I got the buddy club brackets/sliders yesterday via UPS ground. My set of black type 2 in CF arrived two hours ago via Fedex Ground. Packaging got roughed up but the seats came out ok. Boxing the seats separately should protect the seats better. I guess it's adequate since the shipping is free and they did not get damaged. Ming uses Fedex Ground with direct signature for the seats... Meaning one have to be at home in person to sign for it. They will not leave it at the door if you're not home. I missed work yesterday waiting for a package that did not come because of it (the website's estimated delivery was incorrect.) I understand Ming needs to protect himself but I just want to mention it.

Contents

These seats came with brackets and generic sliders (non-nsx specific). I also got buddyclub bracket/sliders with the seats. Since I want to sit as low as possible, the rear (tall) brackets from BC have some clearance problems with the seat belt holes. I moved the front BC brackets to the rear and use the f1 brackets for the front. The only negative I found so far is that there are no instructions with these seats... It might not be a big issue if you have done this before but it's somewhat of a problem for me b/c I have never worked with one. I figured it out though.

Build Quality and Fitment

I am 6'2" with 40" waist - I am a big boy. I fit like a tight glove - not as tight as OJ's but it's pretty tight. I'd say anyone over 40" do not need to apply. The shoulder "wings" push my shoulders forward. It's not uncomfortable, but I am aware of it.

The seats have very grippy fabric - similar to "mouse fur". I can see them to be dust magnets but they are very good for the price. Paddings are good - hope they will hold up. Those black plastic covers for the seat belt holes look low-rent and out of place between nice the looking fabric and excellent CF seat back. I am willing to pay extra $10 for better material/construction.

That's all I got for now. Will take pictures after install... once I get my car back from my mechanic. :smile:

thanks for the write up,
now, wheres the pics =P

ran into problems installing these seats

well... hit a show stopper.

Type 2 seats will not fit! The shoulder bolster will hit the door!

I bought these seats because I want to get some more head room. I found if you mount them low and push them back. The door will hit the seat. I tried adjusting it but it helps only a little. I can't move the seat up b/c that defeats the purpose of getting these in the first place (head room). I can't move them forward as I won't be able to fit.

I don't think I am doing anything wrong. I am open to suggestions.

Re: ran into problems installing these seats

try adjusting the sidemounts on the rails.
they should fit ,

as Dhalsim has them in their car.

I think it looks great cause thats the set up I have now. I have had lots of compliments on them. I dont have any pics of the interior with the seats but here is a couple of the view from outside.

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

well... hit a show stopper.

Type 2 seats will not fit! The shoulder bolster will hit the door!

I bought these seats because I want to get some more head room. I found if you mount them low and push them back. The door will hit the seat. I tried adjusting it but it helps only a little. I can't move the seat up b/c that defeats the purpose of getting these in the first place (head room). I can't move them forward as I won't be able to fit.

I don't think I am doing anything wrong. I am open to suggestions.

you see how far forward Dhalsim had them sit? I will play around with them a little more.

Kenny

So you have the same seats as me and they dont fit??

Unlike you I need to have the seats as far up as they can go for the correct driving position (thus the position in the pics). I assume you are pushing them as far back as they will go and finding that the bolsters are touching the doors?

Thats strange because I have pushed the seats all the way back before when working on the interior and haven't noticed a problem but I of course cant drive with them that far back so I can't comment on that.

How about a few pics of the mounts to see what position you mounted them in. I know there are several different holes to allow a more upright or reclined position. I dont know if that would make a difference but why not check it out.

Well now that I think about it the seat on my passenger side is all the way back and clearly it fits. The issue has to be with the mounting to the rails.

Or could it be that your broader shoulders are pushing the bolsters out far enough that they touch the door?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back