F1 2009 megathread

Fantastic view from those seats Cameron. Roughly, what were ticket prices for those type of seats?

Good race, minus the lack of over-taking. Great venue. Bow to JetPilot for being there!
Tired of people ripping on Button, he had a solid drive and didn't get into any stupid last-lap entanglements w/ Webber. Why would you?
Is Ross sure he wants to let Rubens go? I don't know about that?
Horray for Vettel! the donuts were cool! F1 needs more donuts! I met the kid on his way in to his first F1 race ever in 2006 (when he drove for the injured Kubica at the USGP), He joked that "I can't even buy a drink in your country" (he was 19 then). David Hobbs thinks he is the best driver in F1 right now, I wouldn't disagree.
now for silly season...

now for silly season...
Button (the true Brit) secretly asks Webber (the lower-rung ex-pat) to do one of his by-now-famous cutting moves that damages another competitor's front wing with his car's rear tire. Oh, it so happens to be Ruben's front wing, how convenient. Button thinks it is the only way he can beat Rubens, by playing dirty. Then, just to put on a good show, Button tries to overtake Webber at the end, as if to prove that there is no conspiracy at all.

Let the gossips flow ...

Button (the true Brit) secretly asks Webber (the lower-rung ex-pat) to do one of his by-now-famous cutting moves that damages another competitor's front wing with his car's rear tire. Oh, it so happens to be Ruben's front wing, how convenient. Button thinks it is the only way he can beat Rubens, by playing dirty. Then, just to put on a good show, Button tries to overtake Webber at the end, as if to prove that there is no conspiracy at all.

Let the gossips flow ...

:confused::confused::confused:

Was that supposed to be an attempt at fiction?

Re: Racing incident

Webber (the lower-rung ex-pat) to do one of his by-now-famous cutting moves that damages another competitor's front wing
Webber's been a blocking wanker many times, but I don't think he was that time. He was taking his own best line thru the first corner chaos and never had time to see or worry where Ruby was.

Re: What were these guys thinking?

And this was great; Fred calling the Renault the worst car on the grid !!! Torched that bridge, as he knows he'll never go back to Renault.

Ferd always bites the hand that fed him on the way out the door.
Talent lets one be an ass and get away with it. But the moment he looses his magic the wolves will turn on him.

Re: Still a Ruby fan

Ruby earned my respect in the last 1/2 of the season and I'm glad to know he'll :cool: be on the grid and as feisty as ever next year. I don't know how Williams can have a shot at being competitive; I can't see how Cosworth will pull off a "Brawn" performance next year and surprise, but one can hope.......for Ruby's sake.

Anyway, rock on Ruby; I'll be cheering for you. :wink:

I hope the rumors of a decent salary are true.

I only had a two day pass and for the South Grandstand that cost me $400 U.S....I think its worth it because that also included the nightly concerts of either Jamaroqaui or KINGS OF LEON!!!

Plus the Porsche Supercup is great to watch with all the banging etc.

You know what's funny...Rubens is heading over to Williams 15 years after Frank tried to bring Rubens in to fill Senna's shoes....but Eddie Jordan wouldn't release Rubens.

Hey...now we are hearing Kimi to Brawn GP...stay tuned! Sounds outlandish but with Merc in there and Kimi's former loyalty to the brand and with his skill set...

Senna Jr. with Campos for next year will be interesting. Shame though that the media will expect him to be the legend his uncle was.

So I hear it rumored that Toyota is bowing out of F1 now. Should be official in thenext couple of hours. :(

Re: Soupy Best Friends: Just like a Japenese contest show

Yeah, Nak is pretty bland; now Kobay and Sato; that could be wild !! They could do a reality show easy. :tongue:

Yeah, Nak is pretty bland; now Kobay and Sato; that could be wild !! They could do a reality show easy. :tongue:

Yeah....Just feed em some drinks and make them stay up late at night( no sleep) then let the characters run free at the track.

Re: Kobay will go where he damn well pleases........

Where will Kobayashi go?
He's already demonstrated that quite well on track. :wink: Seems to me he crashed out Naka. Pretty good move since he got away with it. :tongue: :eek:

He's already demonstrated that quite well on track. :wink: Seems to me he crashed out Naka. Pretty good move since he got away with it. :tongue: :eek:

Although it would defeat th purpose, I would like to see kobayashi secure a drive with USF1. The reason being, I still see Kobayashi as a rookie/underdog. I relate USF1 to be on the same level so it would be nice to give the rookie a chance even though he is not Windor's American driver.

Will Rosberg be at Brawn next season?

Although it would defeat th purpose, I would like to see kobayashi secure a drive with USF1. The reason being, I still see Kobayashi as a rookie/underdog. I relate USF1 to be on the same level so it would be nice to give the rookie a chance even though he is not Windor's American driver.

Will Rosberg be at Brawn next season?

I predict Alexander Rossi will be at USF1 as a tertiary (developmental) driver, will be fascinating to see who Windsor picks up as primary drivers.
Button and Rosberg at Brawn seems plausible...
I love silly season!
I agree that Kobayashi deserves a ride, hope someone picks him up if Toyota w/draws.

Last edited:
Re: Silly season

Rosberg to Brawn. From what I see, most guys who get paid to speculate think it's a done deal. You see anyone predicting something different?

Windsor has said they are not going to be held to having Americans in their car right away. That's smart, I think, so while it's still the long term goal, it's not worth compromising car development and their debut for what is really just "a nice idea", IMHO. {How am I doing, Hrant?}

Speaking of USF1, is the Google deal done? Anyone following that? Wasn't there some other "racing stranger" in that sponsor mix too?

Re: Silly season

Windsor has said they are not going to be held to having Americans in their car right away. That's smart, I think, so while it's still the long term goal, it's not worth compromising car development and their debut for what is really just "a nice idea", IMHO. {How am I doing, Hrant?}

It may be smart but it surely is not pc marketing if USF1 wants to generate a broader base of support than the current NASCAR fans. Locating the company in NC makes sense; but hinting that he doesn't have any American drivers on the short list may be problematic PR unless it is a ruse for later surprise - as in an American test driver "in development". I suspect the final choice will rest in part which F1 driver can bring sponsorship dollars - and we already know that currently the biggest markets for F1 audiences are Europe and South America. But then again, what do I know ....... I am viewing things from the perspective of a cow town; we are all speculating from the cheap bleachers :rolleyes::wink:

With Nakajima to the new Super Best Friends team.

Exactly what I was thinking. Bring back the original Super Friends, Davidson & Sato.

Sato and Kobayashi would be great too!!! :eek:

Well guys, Toyota is out too!

Re: Matchless Matchett

I dunno...........I just love that guy. :cool: He tells it like it is.

I just had to go back and watch his WindTunnel snippet about refueling and the Orwell quote about "believe what we tell you today". :eek: In case you missed it, he says that F-1 brought in refueling in '94 to, in their words, "make the racing closer, to make the racing more interesting". Now, in 2010, they will take away refueling "to make the racing closer, to make the racing more interesting; believe what we tell you today".

Will Buxton without the profanity. :wink: Rock on Stevie. :tongue:

So Renault possibly out of F1 next year as well. Can't say I blame them. After spending millions on KERS, their involvement in Crashgate, and losing Caterpillars, there's got to be a certain aire of helplessness.

Privateer teams whine about how the sport can't depend on manufacturers. Well, if the engine development wasn't frozen and the rules were stable, I'd think, or rather I'd like to think, the majority of the quitting manufactuerers would still be participating.

Interesting feeling. Now that old Honda team has won, I don't feel any more "loyalty" to that team.

Back