• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ESM 004 (BBS LM replica)

I received UPS notification that mine will arrive tomorrow.

I just bought a can of flat black matte plastiDip at Orchards and did my Pilot front grille. Its pretty good. Need some practice spraying a little. It does peel off if you really didnt like the outcome, otherwise it adheres pretty good and protects from rock chips. I posted pictures of a plastiDip G35 wheel on Nocal NSX owners on F.B.
Order the kits from DipYourCar.com. They also have a gloss enhancer
Heres a good write up on Bimmer http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=856571
Another doing wheels on G35
http://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...16-stock-wheels-painted-using-plasti-dip.html

Oh I know about the flat black plasti dip.... I already painted my oem wheels on my NSX and my Mini wheels with it but I wasn't aware of the glossifier. However I did a little research yesterday and found it.

I have a set for sale if anyone wants it for $695 brand new never been mounted. I'm located in Lafayette Louisiana. I decided to go with a different set of wheels

23lbs for the 18's and 25lbs for the19's

For those who have received their wheels, did you have the same information from their tracking number as I have for mine?

"Multiple Packages:3
Shipped/Billed On:05/23/2012
Type:package
Weight:55.00 lbs"

In particular, what is curious to me is the 55lbs weight, as it should be close to 100lbs if the weights for each 18" and 19" wheel that Rusted_nailz mentioned is accurate.
The 3 packages instead of four is also an interesting comment.

I'm sure I'll find out later today when I receive them, but just thought I would ask.

Last edited:
For those who have received their wheels, did you have the same information from their tracking number as I have for mine?

"Multiple Packages:3
Shipped/Billed On:05/23/2012
Type:package
Weight:55.00 lbs"

In particular, what is curious to me is the 55lbs weight, as it should be close to 100lbs if the weights for each 18" and 19" wheel that Rusted_nailz mentioned is accurate.
The 3 packages instead of four is also an interesting comment.

I'm sure I'll find out later today when I receive them, but just thought I would ask.

I think I recall previously someone else mentioned the 3 packages and that 2 wheels come in 1 box.

Thanks guys!
I'm guessing the weight from UPS is inaccurate at 55lbs for the entire four wheels.

Best,
J.

SoCal here
Got my tracking number
Should arrive soon
Choosing to go a different route
If your on SoCal and want these wheels you can have mine

Zaid

I think I recall previously someone else mentioned the 3 packages and that 2 wheels come in 1 box.

Here's how mine came from the first round. There were two 18"s in the top box. Top box weighed about 50 lbs, the smaller ones were around 26 lbs.
photo_14.JPG

Last edited:
Here's how mine came from the first round. There were two 18"s in the top box. Top box weighed about 50 lbs, the smaller ones were around 26 lbs.

Thanks Adrian!
Good info. I hope to get mine within the next two hours.

I got my wheels Friday night, so had to wait until Saturday morning to mount and balance them.

Here are some pics.
I just got back from getting a 4 wheel alignment this morning.

Attachments

• silver NSX new wheels1.jpg
    silver NSX new wheels1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 434
  • silver NSX new wheels2.jpg
    silver NSX new wheels2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 370
  • silver NSX new wheels3.jpg
    silver NSX new wheels3.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 367
  • silver NSX new wheels4.jpg
    silver NSX new wheels4.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 384
I am lowered using stock dampers and Tein S-Tech springs. It doesn't lower it all that much, particularly in the front. However, these pictures are deceiving, as the spot I am parked is sloped, and thus compresses the front left corner, while somewhat lifting the rear left so that the drop looks completely even. Normally, the fronts look much higher than the rears.

I have 215/35/18 in the front and 265/30/19 in the rear.

Back