• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ESM 004 (BBS LM replica)

Here are some pics of Theo1's car from today's drive, including one by Primer user Jonathan Allyn. Keep an eye on the picture thread for that event. Someone else may post additional pictures.

DSC_0244.JPG

IMG_5928.JPG

IMG_5705.JPG

tires gonna cost more than the rims lol:biggrin::tongue:

Someone test these in 18/19 with stoptechs. And see how big of
A spacer we'd need and if it would even be reasonable. I'm sure a lot of the stoptech guys would want these for some nice cheap wheels!

If they will fit with a 5-10mm spacer in the front and still not rub. I'm definitely interested a set!

So i just thought of a possible concern. According to Hapa, there was approx 1mm of clearance between the spoke and caliper of Theo1's car. Theo1's car is a 1997+ (since its spa yellow and they only came in that color after 1997). From my understanding, the calipers on a 91-96 are closer to the hub. This may be a problem...I used the wiki as a reference. According to the wiki, the 2002+ oem wheels dont fit 91-96's unless you have a spacer, but fit 1997-2001 just fine.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/TireWheel/wheeltech.htm

91-96 vehicles may require 3mm or 5mm spacers. Good news is, most people didn't need to install extended studs with 5mm spacers.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1180127

Can anyone confirm? Angus, maybe you know? I know you've delt with a lot of wheels.

Last edited:
OK, the issue with the 91-96 brakes is because the brake rotors are a smaller diameter, meaning the caliper gets closer to the hub of the wheel, causing interference, someone needs to test fit!

The fact that Theo1 has 1mm clearance is not promising for the stoptech guys...

Ok I see. So it's still possible to not have any issue for 91-96 owners as long the spokes clear. yes, we need a test fit to confirm. I'd hate to have people order and then have issues.

so will these work on the 97 to 05 without issues on oem brakes?

add me to the list
thanks
03 nsx

I just saw them on Theo1's car today. They have 1mm clearance on the front stock caliper. Pretty sure they won't fit the Stoptech if they are bigger than the stock calipers.

Also, add me to the list.
1mm is too close for comfort. 2mm is likely the smallest. You have to account for wheel_bearing-to-hub deflection and heat expansion of the components involved. I guess if the car is never driven hard it's probably ok though.

Yes, they fit 97+ oem brakes for sure (since there on Theo1's car). We need confirmation on 91-96. Is there anyone local to Theo1 with a 91-96 that could test fit? It would be greatly appreciated!

Going only from memory.. I think they will fit 1991-1996 brakes, but I personally have not test fited them..
I have a 1995, but I have the Racing Brake upgraded rotors so I can't test fit for you guys...

Last edited:
Give "Otti" a call and ask him if you could do a test fit. He's fairly local in Northridge and I'm sure he'll be happy to fit them considering the potential amount of orders he can get. I know my 1-2mm clearance is pretty close to the stock calipers and the wheels are flush with the fenders, but down the road I may get the downforce front fenders to allow more clearance and a spacer for this and my other wheels, or shave the raised "NSX" off the calipers to get an additional 2mm. If the fitment does not work for the 91-96's, or 02-05's, maybe, if there's a big enough response like a huge group buy (at least 20 prepaid), he can get the replicas manufactured to accommodate the different year NSX's. So far, spacers as small as 3mm is the way to go if the calipers get in the way. At the group buy price point of $645 + shipping, I know orders would be through the roof. I paid $200 more thinking that it was a deal. Also, he can get you tires--not mounted--you pay shipping. Again, I did my homework and found no one but esm to offer this sizing (18-19) for that price. Use them as your beater wheels, or your permanent ones, this group buy is hard to pass up. If someone with a 91-96 stock brake and rotor NSX is willing to test fit, we can get the ball rolling.

Last edited:
Hello all! I just spoke to Steve, he said it will be $695 shipped since there's too many shipping fees. He also said we maybe need 3mm spacers but he will send one rim to one of us that knows about the sizes? So who wants this special rim to be sent to? I don't know much about sizes.

Back