End of an Era

nsxtasy no longer owns an NSX - to those of us that have been around awhile this is HUGE. Ken was undoubtedly the best known NSX owner of all time - the Car & Driver article etc. ( and the list goes on and on ). His advice helped me more than once and I'm sure many others as well. His well thought out and well spoken posts were always interesting even when you didn't agree with him. I know he will probably still post but it won't be the same.

When did he sell the car?

wavey.gif

Congrats Ken! :smile: It must have been great to own such an awesome car for 20 years.

I was lucky and got to meet him at Laguna Seca. He helped me wiggle my car out of the 100 NSX car corral.

I first heard his name mentioned in publications of NSXtra. When I bought my car I got every issue and spent a lot of time reading every one.

I actually sold the car today.

And I'm still going to be part of this community. Whether you like it or not. :biggrin:

I outlined my reasons for selling the car here. I basically just wasn't driving it enough to keep it. Heck, I was hardly driving it at all, other than trips for maintenance service on it. And I never bought it just so I could look at it sitting in my garage. Fortunately, the new owner (a local Chicagoan) is excited about it and loving it already. Nothing could make me happier than knowing that someone else is now enjoying it as much as I once did.

Now, I gotta post all my extra stock rims for sale...

Ken will always be visible. Just look for the slowest guy on the track irrespective of the car..............:biggrin:
The great thing about having been a track instructor is that I can still take credit for the speed of everyone I instructed over the years. Including RSO 34. :biggrin:

The great thing about having been a track instructor is that I can still take credit for the speed of everyone I instructed over the years. Including RSO 34. :biggrin:

Ken was invaluable to my learning experieince at Mid-Ohio in 2007 and without his tutelage it would have taken me at least 2 days to be faster than him than the one session it ending up taking.

And although he will remain with us, a tribute was in order here..........

http://www.facebook.com/#!/NewSportscareXperimental

Hi,

well... i think that this is a very bad news to the NSX world... such a die-hard owner finally letting the car go...

I also find Ken's posts very helpfull... specially the "OEM calipers with the right rotors, pads and fluid are more than enough" posts... i agree... i did just that and i feel like exiting through the windshield in every hard brake :wink:

All the best to one of the best.

Thanks,
Nuno

It was great to get to meet Ken at NSXPO2011. His knowledge of the NSX is truly impressive and anyone who likes his dogs as much as he does is alright in my book.

Sad to see him sell his NSX, but totally understandable.

Ken will always be visible. Just look for the slowest guy on the track irrespective of the car..............:biggrin:

LOL!!

Excerpt from a conversation in the pits of a track day Ken was at:

Driver #1: "Just going onto the straight and I had to swerve left real quickly because I thought there was a pylon in the road."

Driver #2: "WOW! What was a pylon doing there."

Driver #1: "Well...to my surprise, it was not actually a pylon."

Driver #2: "Really? Then what in the world was it?"

Driver #1: "It was Ken Sax in his NSX...I just thought it was a pylon from the speed it was NOT going on the straightaway."

Driver #2: "Oh! Yeah...that makes sense."

Driver #1: "Yep...just glad I swerved."

We love you, Ken! Despite the kidding, many thanks for all of the years of invaluable service to NSX Prime, NSXCA, and the NSX community at large. My car is always here if you want to go for a drive. At least I know you will not be speeding. ;) :cool:

Lol...but on a more serious note for all those who don't know Ken or who have not been long time nsxca members Ken was our treasurer for many years and helped get it all together.The money man has a thankless job esp at nsxpo,it is tedious,sometimes contentious, but Ken did it well.Plus he has a discerning palate:wink:

Lol...but on a more serious note for all those who don't know Ken or who have not been long time nsxca members Ken was our treasurer for many years and helped get it all together.The money man has a thankless job esp at nsxpo,it is tedious,sometimes contentious, but Ken did it well.Plus he has a discerning palate:wink:

Well said, Doc, and I'm a newbie compared to you/he.

The guy can eat!

Last edited:
I feel sad about Ken leaving our numbers but glad because he got the sale he wanted.
I'm going to miss this guy.:frown:

Last edited:
The simple truth: there would be no NSXCA were it not for keN SaX.

I guess he'll still be hanging around telling folks not to do the "short" gears. :smile:

Last edited:
are you gonna get the new nsx now? lol

He's not completely off the wagon, he still has his ITR right?

He's not completely off the wagon, he still has his ITR right?
Yes, I still have the ITR shown in my avatar at the left. Although I haven't been driving that car, either. If it continues to sit undriven, I may decide to sell it as well. We'll see.

Incidentally, some of the comments above remind me of the opening of Alexandra Petri's column in the Post yesterday:

Alexandra Petri said:
“Praise humbles me,” Oscar Wilde said. “It is when I am abused that I know I have touched the stars.”

If so, I have definitely touched the stars this week.

:biggrin:

Back