ebay fly yellow is back JH4NA1158MT001158

That VIN has never been mentioned in the forums and is not in the list of totalled NSXs in the FAQ.

Originally posted by WickedMotorWorks.Com:
I am the owner of the NSX you are referring to: WickedMotorWorks.Com
Where the hell did you get your information that my car has a salvage title??? This car as always has a clean title and has never been in any accidents. Why would you deliberately try to destroy someone's business? I have emailed the VIN number of this car to ANYONE who has emailed me and asked for it and the carfax is 100% CLEAN TITLE WITH NO ACCIDENT HISTORY EVER!!! I hope you have money because come Monday morning I'm going to find you and put every lawyer we have on retainer to sue you into a cardboard box. Who the hell do you think you are you nickel and dime reject?

I got this email personally in my mailbox this morning, makes me think I should have kept my email private. Which is ashame, because I've had good experience overall keeping it public on this board.

I would like to say that IF this is not the car that has been on ebay many times before listed with the same subject title, what appear to be the same pictures, same mileage, same wheels (not factory for Model year), same year, same color (not factory for model year), then this is not the car I was talking about, and ALL of my comments were about another car that I misidentified as this one. However, I still believe Lud's comments about the body panels appearing to be improperly aligned are still valid.

As for the part about suing me, I am not a lawyer, and is of course not something I would discuss on a public forum. However, the part where you wrote "I hope you have money because come Monday morning I'm going to find you and put every lawyer we have on retainer to sue you into a cardboard box". Sounds like a threat, and "...you nickel and dime reject..." might be construed as defamation of character, but then again, I'm not a lawyer, so what would I know.

maybe it was because he painted the car inside out.. stripped the car and repainted everything and put the panels back with a nasty job?

Originally posted by Lud:
If the car has never been in any kind of accident, why are many body panels obviously misaligned in the eBay auction photos linked above? Just curious...

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
maybe it was because he painted the car inside out.. stripped the car and repainted everything and put the panels back with a nasty job?

Everything should still line up when reassembled unless parts are bent or damaged... Thus my question.

I guess the fact that this auction closed with 0 bids despite the low starting bid suggests that I'm not the only one with questions about it...

Or maybe people were turned off when a quick search of other eBay auctions shows that "wicked motor works" seems to deal heavily in rebuilt vehicles and kit cars.

Or maybe they didn't like that he lists a box at Mail Boxes, Etc. for a business address.

Or maybe the requirement for a cashiers check or wire transfer for 40% within 24 hours turned people off.

Or maybe they were uneasy because the auction claims the car has never been in an accident, then throws in a disclaimer at the bottom which says: "We cannot know if a car has "ever" been in an accident or ever had major mechanical issues "

Who knows! People are funny like that.

I love the unity of this group...we look out for each other. I know there are some NSXers that specialize in law here...anyone care to speak about the words given to Hendu?
(very harse and unnecessary, IMO)

Wicked, just in case you're still reading this, there's no need to sweat about it. The truth becomes clearer over time as we talk about it...that's the purpose of our forum. Look on the bright side, you've got an NSX that everyone knows and reads about. It's great advertising!

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

Originally posted by hendu:
As for the part about suing me, I am not a lawyer, and is of course not something I would discuss on a public forum. However, the part where you wrote "I hope you have money because come Monday morning I'm going to find you and put every lawyer we have on retainer to sue you into a cardboard box". Sounds like a threat, and "...you nickel and dime reject..." might be construed as defamation of character, but then again, I'm not a lawyer, so what would I know.

"Threatening" litigation is not actionable in and of itself. As for the defamation of character, considering that you use a rather anonymous user name it would be difficult to claim that anyone would question your character based upon this comment because most people would not know who you are in the first instance. Additionally, anyone following this thread would side with you and not believe the statements made by the author and you probably could not establish any level of damage as a result.

The tone of the "owner's" post was less than professional and I doubt that he would bother trying to track down and sue an out of state resident for a dubious cause of action such as this. It is interesting that no bids were made at all on this auction. This would seem to suggest either that Prime is so pervasive that no one will ever buy an NSX from anyone without getting "our approval" first or that this was a typical case of "too good to be true" that dissuaded everyone on the planet from bidding on this car. My hunch is that it was the latter, especially since the car apparently could not be sold on the lot and needed to be listed on Ebay in the first place to try to move it.

Bob

This place is great. It is one of the most knowledgable forums I have been on.

hendu

I think it is illegal to threaten to sue and not follow through.

In addition, I wonder what Porsche corporate would think of his site.

See:
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/008067.html

His splash page is full of their mark.

If he wants to continue to make your life miserable, bite back. Hard.

OTOH, I partially understand this person's position. I would be offended if I owned a NSX with a clean history, and it's history was being questioned.

However, I would use a certain amount of tact when entering into a group of unfamiliar people who are all friends.

Good luck in the sale of your wonderful car Mr. Wicked. If anything you have damaged your reputation as a reasonable dealer in my eyes and perhaps other members who read this thread. Perhaps an apology to hendu, and an explanation or rebuttal without the strong emotional language would help bolster your reputation in the NSX community. The members of this forum are well educated, reasonable, and professional. Take the time to make this right.

Originally posted by nsxparts.com:

I think it is illegal to threaten to sue and not follow through.

Threatening litigation and never following through is not illegal. However, often it is a sign of insecurity in that the "poser" gets a sudden testosterone rush by throwing around the old "my lawyer can beat up your lawyer" line without having the professional maturity to realize that a calm, informative and responsive approach will usually defuse the moment.

Who knows! People are funny like that.

I'm one of those "funny" people.

Wicked.... best stay away from the stove, you may get burned.

I was thinking, is there a way we can inform potential ebay NSX buyers of this forum? That would definitely cut down on these types of auctions.

How about we put an auction on ebay for 'NSX purchasing information, check here before you bid'. We auction off the link, 'nsxprime.com' at buy it now for $0.01. Or we mention that you can ask the seller a question and the seller just responds with the info for free.

If we could possibly get this auction to show up in any NSX search on ebay, potential buyers would visit this forum first.

Anyone want to e-mail Jana France and ask her?
rolleyes.gif
[email protected]
rolleyes.gif

(the Porsche law dog who contacted one of our members)

edited to correct missing letter from fast fumble fingered typist.

[This message has been edited by lemansnsx (edited 12 March 2003).]

Power to the people.

I can remember saying back when the internet was hatching " this is going to force everyone to tell the truth, because now the truth can easily be found"

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone want to e-mail Jana France and ask her?
[email protected]
(the Porsche law dog who contacted one of our members)

I am that member

------------------
Please visit http://www.nsxparts.com. The best place to buy and sell parts for your NSX.

This is great, I love a good roasting! Seriously though, where did wicked go? I was curious if a VIN was provided to see if this is or is not the car people have suggested it may be.

Originally posted by jlindy:
This is great, I love a good roasting! Seriously though, where did wicked go? I was curious if a VIN was provided to see if this is or is not the car people have suggested it may be.

nsxlover posted above that the VIN is JH4NA1151MT000398

the VIN is JH4NA1151MT000398

I think this is the NSX I was speaking of in my previous post.
But I can't find the carfax report I ran from August.
Can someone run a carfax on this NSX?

BTW, the NSX tech at Portland told me the body works and paint looks really good, the body shop did a great job!
wink.gif

So was it salvaged before and "had" a salvaged title?

Originally posted by AznSXgirl:
I think this is the NSX I was speaking of in my previous post.
But I can't find the carfax report I ran from August.
Can someone run a carfax on this NSX?

BTW, the NSX tech at Portland told me the body works and paint looks really good, the body shop did a great job!
wink.gif

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
So was it salvaged before and "had" a salvaged title?

Well, if this is that NSX and if I remember this right - the NSX was originally bought in FL, then transferred to couple other states in a short period of time. And in two states, the NSX was register with salvage titles. But ended up with a clean title then auctioned off to Portland.

???Still don't understand how the title can be clean when it had two salvage titles in the record???

Back