ebay fly yellow is back JH4NA1158MT001158

ebay fly yellow is back

I think this car has the record for being listed on ebay the most.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2405767820&category=5337]l ink

It looks like it finally has a new owner, wickedmotorworks.com, now claims the car is a 1-owner car and has never been in a wreck. At least the previous seller disclosed that it had a salvage title. I emailed him and asked for the VIN. I wonder if he will actually respond.

------------------
1994 Red/Black NSX #418
Forums Nazi Groupie

[This message has been edited by hendu (edited 03 March 2003).]

[This message has been edited by hendu (edited 03 March 2003).]

I wonder if this is the same NSX I looked at back in August when it was located in Portland. The title was clean at the time and the seller was only asking for $21,000. But after inspection at an Acura dealership, I was advice by the NSX tech not to purchase this vehicle. And later I found out that this NSX had two salvage titles before. I still don't understand how a title can be wash.

They're so funny,

First they say "This car is has NEVER been in an accident."

then at the bottom of their in their terms of sale they sale "We cannot know if a car has "ever" been in an accident or ever had major mechanical issues unless we have owned the car it's entire life and sellers who tell you otherwise are not being completely truthful. "

So I guess they are not being completely truthful!

I contacted them over a month ago about this car. No answer to any questions, but they did give a cell phone number. No answer, just machine and no return call. At the time I also checked out the website. Sure were alot of yellow cars there.

Safe to say this car is a stinker.

[This message has been edited by snapper (edited 03 March 2003).]

Originally posted by Ag NSX:
They're so funny,

First they say "This car is has NEVER been in an accident."

then at the bottom of their in their terms of sale they sale "We cannot know if a car has "ever" been in an accident or ever had major mechanical issues unless we have owned the car it's entire life and sellers who tell you otherwise are not being completely truthful. "

So I guess they are not being completely truthful!

Another reason why it makes so much sense to run through a complete checklist prior to purchase. One that includes a thorough self-inspection, a PPI from a reputable Acura dealer with experience in NSXs, a review of the historical service records, a check as to whether issues like the snap-ring and the window thingies have been fixed (where applicable), a review of the CarFax, a discussion with other potential owners who might have seen/inspected this car, etc. Don't trust any of these guys at face value.

Regards.

Is there anything we can do to stop this type of thing? I feel bad for the poor person that finally ends up with this car.

Originally posted by Dtrigg:
Is there anything we can do to stop this type of thing? I feel bad for the poor person that finally ends up with this car.

Someone has to end up with it no matter what unless we all chip in buy it and have it crushed.

Originally posted by steveny:

Someone has to end up with it no matter what unless we all chip in buy it and have it crushed.

Why have it crushed. I'm sure there are some good parts on it that can be recycled!

Originally posted by NSX2398:
Another good reason to move ahead with the NSX registry project. At least it might protect any NSXPrime users.

Based on my understanding of the registry project, it will only include information provided by a car's owner(s). Which means this car would be displayed as a cream puff, clear title, no accidents. That they know of.
wink.gif

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Based on my understanding of the registry project, it will only include information provided by a car's owner(s).

If you check my original post in Registry forum link, I proposed that "in addition to NSXPrime member [and NSXCA] volunteer participation, there are also a lot of other sources (which you might call 'sightings') such as eBay, classified ads, CARFAX, etc, which could be included although these would have to be manually added by voluteers 'mining' data on the web".

Although these kinds of 'sightings' might be considered less reliable, I believe that could provide an extremely valuable source of additional information if the source was properly noted. Add'l comments offered by post-ers are likely less objective but might also be valuable. Even a link to a series of posts like this could be easily done.

------------------
- Ian
91 Blk/Blk daily driver; 100K+ miles & still going strong

Originally posted by NSX2398:
Although these kinds of 'sightings' might be considered less reliable, I believe that could provide an extremely valuable source of additional information if the source was properly noted. Add'l comments offered by post-ers are likely less objective but might also be valuable. Even a link to a series of posts like this could be easily done.

So it would be possible for someone who doesn't like an NSX owner to post negative information about his car, without the owner ever hearing about it?

Any time you allow negative information to be posted about a car, there are lots of ways that opportunity can be abused. I have no problem with Lud's current list of totalled and salvage titled NSXs because those are objective characteristics that can be easily verified. But allowing anyone to post any negative comments about anyone else's car is something that really needs to be carefully considered for issues like protection of privacy and prevention of abuse.

So it would be possible for someone who doesn't like an NSX owner to post negative information about his car, without the owner ever hearing about it? .

This already happens quite often on Prime with comments about vendors (ex. Mark Johnson and Larry Garcia recently) and as distasteful as I find it, there doesn't seem to be an general outcry against it. As long as the owner isn't kept from giving their perspective, it would likely be tolerable.

How is that any different than getting the 'laundered' version out of a registry and then searching Prime (or anywhere on the Internet for that matter) based on VIN? How would you propose to restrict publicly available information? To keep the registry compact, I think we'd only want to 'hotlink' to comments on Prime anyway (in addition to links to eBay, classifieds, etc).

Any time you allow negative information to be posted about a car, there are lots of ways that opportunity can be abused ... allowing anyone to post any negative comments about anyone else's car is something that really needs to be carefully considered for issues like protection of privacy and prevention of abuse.

We have seen a number of incidents on Prime where members have crossed swords with eBay sellers about the history of the vehicles and I think the vast number of our members have the attitude that if you provide an open forum for both sides to be heard, then people will have the oppt'y to make their own decisions.

I don't know where you were going with the 'privacy' angle. I presume that Lud has a policy of suppressing posts that he considers to be privacy violations. I'm already on record as saying I don't think the registry should include information such as address or phone numbers that could be considered privacy issues.

------------------
- Ian
91 Blk/Blk daily driver; 100K+ miles & still going strong

Again, I think these are legitimate issues that deserve serious consideration before any kind of public display of information takes place. Maybe there are ways in which they can be addressed to prevent abuse from taking place. But I don't think it's right to just wave your hand and pretend that those issues don't exist. They do.

But I don't think it's right to just wave your hand .

I clearly wasn't being flip .. I gave two other thoughtful and specific examples of where the same issues have applied on Prime.

pretend that those issues don't exist.
In my last post, I expressed confusion about what you mean by the 'privacy issue' and you still haven't explained yourself yet you claim that I'm ignoring it. I even offered two types of information that I think would widely be considered private that should likely be off limits. Before we can give this 'serious consideration', you're going to have to explain exactly what you think the issue is.

This Registry would be a valuable tool.

The problem is, it is very much like gun registration.
The people up to no good or in possession of car with a checkered past will not register. The folks that will register are owners with easily verifiable histories.

Originally posted by hendu:
I think this car has the record for being listed on ebay the most.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2405767820&category=5337]l ink

It looks like it finally has a new owner, wickedmotorworks.com, now claims the car is a 1-owner car and has never been in a wreck. At least the previous seller disclosed that it had a salvage title. I emailed him and asked for the VIN. I wonder if he will actually respond.

I am the owner of the NSX you are referring to: WickedMotorWorks.Com
Where the hell did you get your information that my car has a salvage title??? This car as always has a clean title and has never been in any accidents. Why would you deliberately try to destroy someone's business? I have emailed the VIN number of this car to ANYONE who has emailed me and asked for it and the carfax is 100% CLEAN TITLE WITH NO ACCIDENT HISTORY EVER!!! I hope you have money because come Monday morning I'm going to find you and put every lawyer we have on retainer to sue you into a cardboard box. Who the hell do you think you are you nickel and dime reject?

Where the hell did you get your information that my car has a salvage title??? This car as always has a clean title and has never been in any accidents. Why would you deliberately try to destroy someone's business? I have emailed the VIN number of this car to ANYONE who has emailed me and asked for it and the carfax is 100% CLEAN TITLE WITH NO ACCIDENT HISTORY EVER!!! I hope you have money because come Monday morning I'm going to find you and put every lawyer we have on retainer to sue you into a cardboard box. Who the hell do you think you are you nickel and dime reject?

Originally posted by snapper:
This Registry would be a valuable tool.

The problem is, it is very much like gun registration.
The people up to no good or in possession of car with a checkered past will not register. The folks that will register are owners with easily verifiable histories.

I could have only hoped for this during my year and a half search for a perfect car. With such a system in place I could have spent my time looking at registered cars only. This would have saved me a lot of time. Really there are Three types of NSX's out here ones that are in excellent condition and are priced accordingly, and those that are not perfect and priced accordingly. Then there are the ones that are not perfect and over priced. There seemed to be a lot of the latter when I was searching for one.

Originally posted by WickedMotorWorks.Com:

Wicked,

I would like to point out that you seem to be reacting way beyond what has been stated and speculated here. In fact, your reaction and attitude could raise suspicions regarding to the legitimacy of your car; I would expect a legitimate seller to react in a more reasonable, and less confrontational, manner.

First, if this car has never had a salvage title as you claim, then surely any false claims that it has had one can be corrected without resort to your threats and intimidation tactics.

Second, if you will re-read the post from AznSXgirl which mentions the possibility that the car might have a salvage title, she quite clearly states that she was talking about a car in Portland that had been cleansed of a salvage title, and that she wonders whether this might be the same car. She does not state that this is the same car or that this car (your car) had a salvage title. Your lawyers will undoubtedly point out to you that you have no case for litigation whatsoever.

Finally, I must also ask you why you did not include a VIN (vehicle identification number) in your listing. Including a VIN is the easiest way to clear up the possibility that this car might have been confused with a different NSX that had a salvage title.

Would you like to provide the VIN for this car to give us a chance to clear up this matter? Or would you rather hide behind intimidation tactics?

Who the hell do you think you are you nickel and dime reject?

If you can't act like a mature adult, I will be forced to suspend your posting priviliges. One more name-calling outburst and you are history.

NO ACCIDENT HISTORY EVER!!!

If the car has never been in any kind of accident, why are many body panels obviously seriously misaligned in the eBay auction photos linked above? Just curious...

Here is the VIN. JH4NA1151MT000398 If it is clean it is a great deal for the price.

Back