Dragon Run Oct 14-15-16

JUST FYI, I'rn at the gap several times (only 4 hours away +/-. Please bleed your brakes BEFORE you go up there. It is a fun, tight, twisty, elevated road. You will use your brakes alot!!!. For the lowered cars watch out for the Gravity cavity. You'll be Ok depending on your front lip. Mine scrapes.

Have Fun. I might be running home through there on Sunday in an integra. :frown: I'm helping my girl drive her car back from TN.

charles run the teggy at the gap dude. i'll be suiting up on the duck. woo hoo vacation!

cwood1388 said:
charles run the teggy at the gap dude. i'll be suiting up on the duck. woo hoo vacation!

Yeah. What he said.

Okay. Here is as best as I can specify for Sat.

Saturday Morning:

The Cherokee group has two options! I) get up early, hit the road at 6am, breakfast at BK and then 441 south to Franklin where we pick up 28 north toward the dragon, this road is actually as good as the dragon and will get us in the mood. We will take 28 up to 143 and then take it into Robbinsville and meet up there with the folks at Microtel sometime around 8:30 am

Any Cherokee or Gatlinberg or drive in folks not wanting to get up early can leave Cherokee around 7:45, take 19 to 129 and head north to Robbinsville

From Robbinsville we will pick up 143, Cherohola Pkwy, great road reaching close to 6000 feet elevation. This will take us down into Tellico Plains and route 360 (my favorite go fast road ) on to route 411 for a short way to 172 and then on to the Dragon in the area of the Foothills Parkway. We plan to make an east west pass of the Dragon and end up at the motel/restaurant/gas station at "crossroads of time" (intersection of 28 and 129)

FOR THE SATURDAY DRIVE INS, we anticipate being in the neighborhood of the Dragon and Foothills Parkway around noon time and at the crossroads in time around 12:15 (hehehe, that would be a new record!) to 12:30

We can have lunch at the motel restaurant and then due a few more passes of the Dragon before going elsewhere, more on that later)

Sunday there are no hard and fast plans other than we will probably sleep in later.

:biggrin:

It looks like I will be using my vacation days to attend a funeral instead of coming down to The Dragon. About midday yesterday I found out about a close family friends death and have to head up north now. Sorry gang, I really was looking forward to this. I am just waiting for a good break these days. I really could have used this vacation drive. :frown:

The Blade Got real sick on Thursday night :mad: . Was gonna drive up fri afternoon when I felt better but it just seemed to not make sense considering how far away I live. :frown:

So, I will be planning on driving up there later this month before it gets REALLY cold up there. Since James is a good friend and Debbie is so awesome I don't really need an excuse to go up there at any particular time. I am gonna try and head up at months end. :biggrin:

So James, Deb, let's figure out a good weekend to meet up. I wanna see more of that razors edge driving from both of you!! :eek:

Sorry I will not get to meet some of the other NSX guys, but it seems a few have already dropped out. Oh well. The Dragon's not going anywhere right :wink:

Be safe and have fun guys.

BladesNSX said:
The Blade Got real sick on Thursday night :mad: . Was gonna drive up fri afternoon when I felt better but it just seemed to not make sense considering how far away I live.

Sorry to hear that Kevin. I just got back from the Ferrari poker run which despite crappy weather at the start was a lot of fun. I got to drive Armando's car which was a BLAST! Thanks Armando!

I'm planning a trip to The Dragon with Mermaid during the 4th week of October. The tentative dates are 10/25 - 10/29. I've already made reservations at the Hampton Inn in Cherokee just in case.

Hey Hugh,

I will see you and Dawn there on the 28th. I plan on taking friday off and going up thursday night to hopefully stay at a friends house in either Orlando or in Atlanta; then, I will continue on North until I get to Tennesse hopefully around the early afternoon on Fri. I may take Monday off as well to have more time to spend on the Dragon. Why are you guys push the days back 'til the 29th?

Lemme know. Would be nice to ride back down with you guys.

Kevin

PS. I drove Armando's car once. I was very impressed then. I can't imagine what kinda monster she is now!!

Armando----that sexy Latin speed freak.

BladesNSX said:
Armando----that sexy Latin speed freak.

gayalarm.gif

Man...I really wish I could have made this drive...this has been one of the most out of control stressful weeks I have had in a long time and I just want it to go away. :frown:

Meeyatch1 said:
Man...I really wish I could have made this drive...this has been one of the most out of control stressful weeks I have had in a long time and I just want it to go away. :frown:

*~*~* Meeyatch *~*~*
I'm sorry to hear you're a bit down.
Sending warm fuzzies in your direction ----------> :wink:

Back