Doors Blown Off By SVT Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryanmcd2 said:
Get over the NSX is the best car eva, or it's a 12 year old design. Hell the New TL has about the same power lol.

quite an overstatement. best time for the new tl 6spd is 13.9-14.0 with the semi-auto running 14.2. those are real number that were done for american honda by an inside source.

hardly in the 12.8-13.0 territory for a stock nsx 3.2l. a second is a lifetime on the 1/4mile, even after a lifetime of 13yrs.

also, you may want to look closer at real dyno charts and do a comparison between the areas under the curves and see what they really mean. marketing hp crank #'s don't tell the whole story.

best wishes.

Can't people just be happy with their own cars? Jeez I buy cars cause I like them, not so I can tell other people why it's better than theirs!

Ryanmcd2 said:
That's why I sold my NSX of 5 years and bought a beater Evo. The car is on par if not better then the NSX on the track...blah blah blah

OK, I can't help myself now... :mad:

Sure your EVO may have a few horses. So what. When you bought your "Mitsubishi" (if you ever really owned an NSX) you said goodbye to a lot of things.

For starters, I don't care what you say, the EVO does NOT stand out in a crowd. That EVO looks exactly like a cheap Lancer that some kid slapped a cheap plastic hood scoop and a pointless spoiler on. The EVO looks just like the WRX, which is just an RS again with a scoop and a spoiler. The EVO looks just like the SRT4, which is just a Neon again with the same crap.

When you drive up to a resturant/club/whatever, they will never keep your car out front, it will always go in the lot with the rest of the econo-boxes. You may impress 9th graders with your EVO, but you will never impress a grown up like an NSX or other exotic will. You may think your car turns heads, but if you notice they only turn their heads to look at the kid that keeps revving his engine for no reason at the light, and then laugh at you because you think you look so cool.

You say you don't give a crap about rattles? YOU SHOULD, they will be the first indicators of your EVO tearing itself apart. I'm guessing yours started rattling within the first couple of blocks after you drove it off the lot. At 75k miles, your "incredibly powerful" overboosted EVO engine will just about be toast. At 75k miles, us dumb NSX owners will be ready to cruise for another 125k+ trouble free miles.

There is more to a car than a day at the track (not saying I don't enjoy a day at the track). Its fun, its exciting, it builds driving skills, and it boosts your ego when you do well. The trouble is, in real life you can only get to a track event every few months at best (assuming your not an millionaire with lots of time on your hands).

There is more to a car than retarded street racing. Its exciting. Its a cheap thrill, but eventually its gonna cost you. The laws are getting tighter. The fines are getting bigger. They can take your car, they can take your licence, and they can put you in jail.

An NSX gives most of us dumb owners an exciting ride on or off the track. I have as much fun stuck in traffic with my NSX as I do when I am on a twisty open road. The car starts up "intelligent" conversations with interesting people everywhere I go. Whats the best converstion your EVO has drummed up? I'm guessing it was something like "Yo, how much boost ya runnin?"

I've met some incredible NSX owners just in the past few months. Doctors, pilots, engineers, corporate leaders, managers, and CEOs. Thats just in the last two months. I'm sorry, but just looking at an EVO, I tend to believe that the majority of of the owners and wanna-be owners work at McDonalds, Dairy Queen, and Burger King. Not that there's anything wrong with that, its just that I've been there, done that, and then I grew up. Maybe you should too.

Get over the NSX is the best car eva, or it's a 12 year old design. Hell the New TL has about the same power lol.

I havent read much of people stating this on the nsx forums. But its the car WE like, its an NSX forum!

I like the evo (older model, new one not too nice to look at) and the subaru wrx has always been an awesome car. In Australia it became iconic in the mid 90's.

The only thing i would buy other than an NSX would be a skyline, i like coupes. There are more reasons to buy a car than outright horsepower numbers. Otherwise we would all be on the viper board.:p

You say you don't give a crap about rattles? YOU SHOULD, they will be the first indicators of your EVO tearing itself apart. I'm guessing yours started rattling within the first couple of blocks after you drove it off the lot. At 75k miles, your "incredibly powerful" overboosted EVO engine will just about be toast. At 75k miles, us dumb NSX owners will be ready to cruise for another 125k+ trouble free miles.

Ditto. The Mitsubishi DSM turbo motors do not have a good reputation for longevity. You can make ANY engine have tremendous output...for a while at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back