Doors Blown Off By SVT Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by X-TNSIV:
as far as engine mods go....BEGI TT. and LOVE IT!
smile.gif

Allen

What is a BEGI TT? I am not familiar with that.

Black SVT Cobra got me today...

Black SVT Cobra got me today... :cool: I was heading south 280 hwy going about 80 mph on the fast lane, there was this dude with a SVT black Cobra convertible behind me. I was in front of him, and I was about the exit in the next 3 miles, so I decided to cut lane all the way to the right, but at the same time I want to see how fast the Cobra could be... so I down shifted from 5th to 3rd, and floor the gas... I was pulling away from him pretty quick, then I notice he wanted to play too. So I reach to abou 125 mph, and he was going very strong, and past me like a rocket. Gotta give the American muscles credit. Then I exit and realize that NSX isn't that fast after all.... I'm dreaming Viper now.... I still love my NSX for it's handling and style, but not the power... :(

One of my associates has a 1,000 hp Cobra...wow!! :eek:

I have a Gen II lightning. I love the truck, love the whine of the supercharger under heavy acceleration. The truck is very quick and fast I bet it would beat a NSX for sure off the line.
BUT...driving the NSX at 125mph and holding on to the lightning at 125mph are worlds apart.The NSX is effortless the lightning is down right scary at 125.
The fit and finish of the NSX seems like a Swiss watch maker assembled the car. The lightning may have been assembled by monkeys, gaps uneven or too large, plastic parts and pieces, but man that engine kicks a$$.
I really like Fords SVT program. I just wish they would put AWD in the Lightning.

Give it a try! Next time one of these starts to walk away from you - boot the passenger out and see if you gain on them! If that doesn't work you can start dumping stuff overboard like an old pirate movie to see if it helps you in your drag race!

Thats funny, i imagine it would be akin to the fast and the furious scene (you know the one where Paul Walker's green eclipse inexplicably loses a metal checkerplate floor pan, while racing Vin Diesel's red rx7, for effect i know ;))

except now, it's the passenger being flung from the nsx, then the race seat, then the passenger footwell subwoofer, all the while the nsx pirate captain resplendent in his pirate hat is screaming; "aarghh, just a wee bit more, i'll be scuttling yonder Mustang, aaaarghh!" (upshifts to fifth)

..I would love to have some serious power in the NSX...maybe the next one will. :)

dont feel bad, the nsx isn't meant to be a straight line fighter.
just wait till spring and get the 3.2L out and it'll be easier. if you're realy crazy.. just do top end cause the nsx has higher top speed. =) gl if you race with the 3.0 again.

azndng said:
dont feel bad, the nsx isn't meant to be a straight line fighter.
just wait till spring and get the 3.2L out and it'll be easier. if you're realy crazy.. just do top end cause the nsx has higher top speed. =) gl if you race with the 3.0 again.

I know...but I almost traded for an M5 because that car had some real torque...

It is hard to beat a vette for TQ if that is what you are after. I think the vette felt more toquey than the Factor X car.

NetViper said:
It is hard to beat a vette for TQ if that is what you are after. I think the vette felt more toquey than the Factor X car.

Vettes are still just Vettes though....I wish they had better quality interior trim.

Meeyatch1 said:
Vettes are still just Vettes though....I wish they had better quality interior trim.

the new vette is rumored.. or even in production of 500hp? with a good interior that reviewers claimed. i've seen interior pics of the hsc... if honda decides to use that interior, it'll be crazy. its all cf and metallic.

matteni said:
If that doesn't work you can start dumping stuff overboard like an old pirate movie to see if it helps you in your drag race!

biggrin.gif

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

You are referring to the movie "Summer Rental". :)

azndng said:
the new vette is rumored.. or even in production of 500hp? with a good interior that reviewers claimed. i've seen interior pics of the hsc... if honda decides to use that interior, it'll be crazy. its all cf and metallic.

I personally think the HSC will be blown away by the new Z06. BUT, I also think it will probably cream the newest 911's and 360's also.

In order to beat the new Z06, we are going to need to take the HSC over to FactorX!

Depending on the new technology, make comptech SC will work right away. I am sure they will raise the price though for new R&D costs. :(

it's interesting to read your comments here. last summer i was driving through chicago and ran up against an svt. on rolling runs starting at 60mph on interstate 94, he was never able to keep up. time and time again we tried and finally he just gave a thumbs up and we parted ways.

mine's a 2003 yellow with taitec exhaust and tein typeRAs, otherwise bone stock for now.

i currently own a 98 mustang cobra

mustang , camaro owners always make fun of import ricers like type R badge stickered integra civic, etc, but never ever say a word on NSX. we just say "wow Sh1t,, thats Nsx"

my car has 305 hp, 305 tq, 0-60 in 5.4 1/4 in 13.9
this car is really fast, but i cant wait to get rid of it and get an NSX.
the interior sux, every sh1t rattles, sqeeks, hose leaks, bumpy ride quality. every mechecnical problem is all fixed by ford dealer, but its still its a Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily)
i sold this car on ebay, and got 10600 bid on it, i put so much money on this car, and it was waste of money....
i got panasonic dvd, alpine navigation, in dash tv, off road Hpipe, kn filter, bilstien shocks eibach springs, chorme cobra R rims, 17x10.5 wide, what ever i put money on this thing, i wish i looked at NSX before i bought this crap.
i would never ever go back to mustangs,

can you feel me pre mustang owners?
anyways my car is sold TODAY
check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&mfcisapicommand=ViewItem&item=2464435559

I CANT WAIT TO GET NSX
i already got the capital one car loan check, and as soon as i get the money from the high bidder, i will go buy an NSX!!!!

lol...well a pre-welcome to the forum to you then. let us know when you get the nsx. if you've ever driven through detroit, you'd notice every other car is a mustang. however, they all turn their heads because it's probably the only nsx they'll see in quite some time.

my '03 nsx 3.2l 6spd ran 12.9 at 110mph. car has only 9000miles on it :D

i've ran against my friend's viper who beats me constantly at 12.6 and another friend's z06 who runs consisten 12.7.

-nv

djjoonie said:
i currently own a 98 mustang cobra
it has 305 hp, 305 tq, 0-60 in5.4 1/4 in 13.9
this car is really fast, but i cant wait to get rid of it and get an NSX.
the interior sux, every sh1t rattles, sqeeks, hose leaks, bumpy ride quality.
i sold this car on ebay, and got 10600 bid on it, i put so much money on this car, and it was waste of money....
i got panasonic dvd, alpine navigation, in dash tv, off road Hpipe, kn filter, bilstien shocks eibach springs, chorme cobra R rims, 17x10.5 wide, what ever i put money on this thing, i wish i looked at NSX before i bought this crap.
i would never ever go back to mustangs,

can you feel me pre mustang owners?
anyways my car is sold TODAY
check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&mfcisapicommand=ViewItem&item=2464435559

I CANT WAIT TO GET NSX
i already got the capital one car loan check, and as soon as i get the money from the high bidder, i will go buy an NSX!!!!

That's why I sold my NSX of 5 years and bought a beater Evo. The car is on par if not better then the NSX on the track and added 100 more HP for 3k and 3k more get me 250more HP with a biger turbo. I don't give a shit about rattles, or what brand it is. I had 100k to spend on a car and the evo was the car I wanted. Maybe if Acura would step up and make something with some balls I would buy one but now I like my evo. Also I can beat a 03 cobra that's stock and a friend who put down 500whp can only pull 2 cars on me from 60-120. Get over the NSX is the best car eva, or it's a 12 year old design. Hell the New TL has about the same power lol.

Ryanmcd2 said:
That's why I sold my NSX of 5 years and bought a beater Evo. The car is on par if not better then the NSX on the track and added 100 more HP for 3k and 3k more get me 250more HP with a biger turbo. I don't give a shit about rattles, or what brand it is. I had 100k to spend on a car and the evo was the car I wanted. Maybe if Acura would step up and make something with some balls I would buy one but now I like my evo. Also I can beat a 03 cobra that's stock and a friend who put down 500whp can only pull 2 cars on me from 60-120. Get over the NSX is the best car eva, or it's a 12 year old design. Hell the New TL has about the same power lol.

If the only reason you stay on this site is to bash the NSX and talk about how great your EVO is... maybe it is time to go. I am sure there are plenty of evo forums full of 16 year olds that would love to hear about your car.

If I were you, I would have slapped a turbo on the NSX and continue to drive one of the best sports cars ever made. Instead you sold it and bought an EVO. Way to go.

To each his own...............although the last time I checked this is a NSX forum. I'm glad the evo worked out better for you but most likely the majority of this forum would not make the same decision as you. On the same note your critism's about the nsx not having balls is merely an opinion. For many of us...I think 290 is just fine. If I wanted only horsepower.....I don't think I would have bought a NSX. Obviously you didn't buy your car for aesthetic reasons:p

NetViper said:
If the only reason you stay on this site is to bash the NSX and talk about how great your EVO is... maybe it is time to go. I am sure there are plenty of evo forums full of 16 year olds that would love to hear about your car.

If I were you, I would have slapped a turbo on the NSX and continue to drive one of the best sports cars ever made. Instead you sold it and bought an EVO. Way to go.

nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back