Doors Blown Off By SVT Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being beating by a mustang
frown.gif

Realizing that you would still rather be driving your nsx
smile.gif

Realizing that the mustang driver would rather be driving your nsx (though he would never admit it in public)
biggrin.gif

nuf said bout this
wink.gif

------------------
Resident E38er

-97 NSX "Nina"

As for being beatin by a 'cheap' car...imagine how a Gen 1 TR owner feels after being handed his red headed ass by a WRX...the same as the the above but with WRX instead of mustang and TR instead of NSX...execept to a more extreme degree
biggrin.gif

------------------
Resident E38er

-97 NSX "Nina"

As a former hardcore SVT enthusiast, I can only say that the overall driving experience involves much more than simply "going fast". After owning/driving the NSX, I can't go back. My local Ford dealer offered me a great deal on a '03 Cobra, but after driving it, it just doesn't compare to the overall balance of the NSX. Beautiful, fast car, but I simply did not enjoy driving it (clunky driveline, imprecise/notchy shifter, un-racelike seating/driving position, etc.) Although it handles fairly well, the car is definitely not confidence inspiring in the twisties. On roads where the NSX barely breaks a sweat, the SVT at similar speeds had me sweating. The Mustang chassis is dated and it shows..The NSX on the other hand...Timeless.

Originally posted by Rubber Chicken:
When all is said and done I'd still rather have an NSX and all, but come on guys, the "its still a mustang" arguement only goes so far. You've got to have some respect for what Ford has done here.

I think Ford’s engineers and marketing dept have respect for the NSX. Until recently, Ford SVT’s marketing manager owned and drove a ‘91 NSX (and nobody could catch him at the track!) and SVT has a Zanardi NSX to review for their GT-40 development program. I think that most NSX owners have respect for a company like Ford that is still developing, building and selling high-performance vehicles.

DanO

Originally posted by DanO:
... and SVT has a Zanardi NSX to review for their GT-40 development program.

May I ask the source of this info? I saw that one of the execs is currently driving a F360 Modena (with a bumper sticker that reads "I'd rather be driving a Ford GT" - was in one of the recent mainstream auto rags.) Kudos to Ford.

[This message has been edited by Number9 (edited 09 December 2002).]

I read they are using a 360, but nothing about the NSX.

The SVT mustang is plenty fast, but I wonder how all those Cobra R buyers feel now that a car costing 15K less can keep up with them on the streets!

I used to drive a GT, and it was a nice car, but the quality was crap. The interior looked like garbage. The seats were very uncomfortable. Back in 1998, it only had 225HP, but it never felt very quick. I drove a Cobra with 315hp and it didn't feel all that quick either (even though I know it is). The engine also sounded terrible... like a big truck! No thanks!

Originally posted by Number9:
May I ask the source of this info?

The source was from a person who is on the GT-40 development team—he wanted to know if I was interested in purchasing the car (the ZNSX) when they were finished with it.

DanO

Originally posted by DanO:
he wanted to know if I was interested in purchasing the car (the ZNSX) when they were finished with it.

What was your response?

Inquiring minds want to know.
wink.gif

Today was very uplifting the person that smoked me came by my house wanting to get a look at my 93 NSX and to tell me he was going to be my neighbor in 3 weeks. When I opened the garage door and he saw the silver 2000 setting next to the black 93 I thought he was going to loose it. The conversation was good untill he found out it was a v-6,I thought his lower lip was going to hit the floor. To make a long story short I get a rematch with the 2000 In a few days when the weather clears up. What can I do to tweak her out?

Not much you can do without spending a lot of cash. Just get a good launch and you will do OK. Just know that the 2000 NSX does 0-100MPH in about 12 seconds vs the 390 HP cobra is closer to 10.

Actually the first time we raced I was caught off guard he left so hard I actually was startled at all the tire smoke and lost a little time. I actually launched better than he did. Where I lost was in second, third I was gaining I actuall think that from 125 and up I can take him. The 2000 6 speed will take care of the 5 speed gap and I thin I will be a good race. I think with him knowing I am running a 6 cyl is demorlizing in its self. Will keep Posted!!!

------------------
http://quicksitebuilder.cnet.com/rixnsx/

I have figures from SCI on the 97 or 98 coupe.

It ran 13.3 @ 107.67

The latest Road & Track has the 2003 Cobra at 13.3 @ 108.1

Pretty close.

Of course, we all know the fastest time was Car and Driver's 12.9 @110 in the 2001 NSX.

I think I have seen the Cobra even lower than that.

Let us know how it goes!

Of course, if he wins, you can always tell him to meet you at the nearest race track and then you can put him to shame
smile.gif

Thanks a lot for the info starting to loose sleep thinking about an S/C maybe Santa will be generous. Merry Christmas to all!
Originally posted by NetViper:
I have figures from SCI on the 97 or 98 coupe.

It ran 13.3 @ 107.67

The latest Road & Track has the 2003 Cobra at 13.3 @ 108.1

Pretty close.

Of course, we all know the fastest time was Car and Driver's 12.9 @110 in the 2001 NSX.

I think I have seen the Cobra even lower than that.

Let us know how it goes!

Of course, if he wins, you can always tell him to meet you at the nearest race track and then you can put him to shame
smile.gif

------------------
http://quicksitebuilder.cnet.com/rixnsx/

One question.. why do you have a 93 and a 2000? Is your 93 a beater car
smile.gif

if it makes any of you feel better...on Friday night, I was in Seattle and a '02 ZO-6 ran up on me (the 405hp version).

he wanted to run me, so we went at it. we were dead even. Neither of us were able to gain. Which I was really impressed with. I figured that the new vette would have just walked away from me. So at least there is one ZO-6 owner wanting to make his car faster as well, not just us NSX owners....
wink.gif

Allen

Thats a good post but still hoping Santa drops me off a S/C. Just like everyone says its still not a NSX.
Originally posted by X-TNSIV:
if it makes any of you feel better...on Friday night, I was in Seattle and a '02 ZO-6 ran up on me (the 405hp version).

he wanted to run me, so we went at it. we were dead even. Neither of us were able to gain. Which I was really impressed with. I figured that the new vette would have just walked away from me. So at least there is one ZO-6 owner wanting to make his car faster as well, not just us NSX owners....
wink.gif

Allen

Originally posted by X-TNSIV:

we were dead even. Neither of us were able to gain. Which I was really impressed with. I figured that the new vette would have just walked away from me.
Allen

Allen.. what mods do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back