Dissillusioned

nsxtasy said:
Hey, comic relief like this is always welcome on a Friday afternoon, when we're looking forward to the weekend...
Have some compassion for a pool soul, I have to work tomorrow...
sniff.gif

Blue Knight said:
will this garage satisfy you?

Probably not. I can hear him in a couple of years...

I have owned my 2000 360 Modena for 2 years now, but I think that its time to change. My reasons are as follows, and would like to know if its just me, or if others share my thoughts:

1. The car was bought as a "ferrari", i.e. has the looks along with the garage bills. After 2 years of ownership this does not seem to hold true. Yes it has the looks, but it does not get the respect that a rolls or lamborghini attracts, nor does it look even remotely as handsome as current hondas. Furthermore most people do not know what it is and merely class it as another Italian sports car: Maserati, Lamborghini, Fiat, etc

2. Although it was user friendly in 2000, it cannot claim to be so in this day and age. Non power steering make it difficult as an everyday car, the clutch is not as light as it could be, and the throtle response the same.

3. It seems that a fortune is needed to bring it up to current spec such as 17/18 inch alloys, Tubi sports exhaust, upgraded brakes etc. This is money that will not be recouped once you come to sell the car.

4. The legendary handling. Yes is shines on a track but it cannot be pushed to such extremes on the road. I find that I have the most fun with my car on the track and not on the road.

5. Power - 410* bhp is simply not enough

OK to sum up. This is a 1990s car trying to mix it in 2005. Its great on the track, but even there it lack outright speed. It cannot be used as an everyday vehicle without certain comprimises, and it requires overall upgrade from wheels, to brakes, exhaust etc.

I am looking at a car that is right up to date, on the cutting edge, and evolving and improving by the day - a Yugo limousine. You can have a 1982 Yugo limo with 30bhp, fantasy brakes, 3 speed, room for 8 people you don't like, discrete, an everyday vehicle with a badge missing, but built as good as the 360 Modena. Gentlemen, I rest my case.

limo.jpg

* NOTE: I know the 360 Modena makes 395 hp. But if he can't quote the power figures for a '93 NSX or a '98 911, you don't think he can for a 360 Modena, do you?

Last edited:
nsxtasy said:
Probably not. I can hear him in a couple of years...

...* NOTE: I know the 360 Modena makes 395 hp. But if he can't quote the power figures for a '93 NSX or a '98 911, you don't think he can for a 360 Modena, do you?

LOL!! :D

I was going to post a direct response, having only just been able to log on in the last couple of days, but the current posts seem to do very nice justice to a list of (very weak) reasons ufo 1 brings up as rationale to sell. I find it highly suspect, as others do, that somebody uses post #3 to diss on an NSX. I also agree that this seems to be an inflamatory post intended to rile the NSX community.

What ufo 1 should note is that despite this, not only have we posted replies that are dignified and articulate -- rather than resorting to name-calling and other juvenile behavior -- but that the responses are technically and factually completely sound (unlike his).

Try finding that in another car enthusiast board.

GO NSX PRIME!!

Regards.

ufo 1 said:
nsxtacy definetly needs to get a life outside the nsx. Try a wife, a job, a dog maybe.

I don't know who nsxtacy is. Is he someone around here?
:confused:

EDIT: Found nsxtacy (he hasn't posted here since he registered in 02/02).

Last edited:
I guess alot of folk buy cars to get respect or attention and thats ok if thats what you want. If you don't like whats available with the NSX now you would be better suited to move on to something else whatever else it is. Funny thing is, if you move on to smething else that has the looks to equal the NSX, your gonna spend a whole lot $ IMO given the examples you've stated. Good luck with you hunt and enjoy the ride out the door...

Go buck up on another board.

You wanta play, you gotta pay!!!

UFO1: i think the only respect you'll ever get is for your car.....

i have to admit this certainly puts a spark on my friday afternoon....i'm outta here...have a nice wknd, y'all.....

have a new car orientation to attend..sold my car and bought a new volvo S60 this week....

don't worry, the X is still in the garage....safe and sound.

just needed a "safe" car for our late july firstborn.....

the X will always stay....nothing can replace it!

long live the X and Prime!

shoot...i'm late.

Can i stay @ your house?

Blue Knight said:
will this garage satisfy you? in two years maybe these aren't good enough for you.....

Blue Knight, is this your garage? :confused: If so, can i just stand on the other side of the road from your driveway and wait/watch for you to take the McLaren out? I promise I won't drool on it or anything.;) I'll even be the human speed bump in your driveway, if you hiring.:D I love cars, don't eat much, & could spend all day & all night washing/waxing, if allowed to actually TOUCH one of them. And before anyone can ask, no I'm not mentally disturbed -- at least not according to the tests.:D

If you're interested, cll 1-800-MCLRNLVR.

Adam

ufo 1 said:
It seems to me that some people cannot accept that there will ever be anything better than a 1993 car which was designed in 1990. Things have moved on

Oh, PLEASE. If you were talking about getting a new car, and a model which is better than the original NSX - and we would be happy to admit that there are indeed a few of those - then sure, we would accept it without hesitation. However, you're talking about getting a 1998 car which was designed ten years ago, and which is no better than the 1993 NSX you say you're looking to replace it with. Furthermore, your reasons for getting rid of the NSX apply just as much to that 1998 car as they do to the 1993 NSX that you probably don't even own.

So don't go dreaming up insults like this, that just don't make any sense. Our criticism of your ideas has nothing to do with what we can and can't accept, and everything to do with the lack of any credible semblance of logic in the rationale you have presented.

ufo 1 said:
The problem with posting a "I dont think my NSX is super" is that some people out there just cant accept it. All that I am trying to say is that after 2 years of NSX ownership I feel its time to move on to something better. It seems to me that some people cannot accept that there will ever be anything better than a 1993 car which was designed in 1990. Things have moved on, thats why most posts on this site are about modifications and improvements. But I ask you this: if the nsx is so great why is it that in the UK in the last 2 years they have only sold around 10 cars per YEAR! Porsche has sold over 3,000 996s!

You're trolling and I'd bet money you don't own an NSX (you may not even own a car). How about just hitting the road? The fun is over, k?

Whoever's garage that is in the picture.. he rules!

As for UFO 1 ... he does not.

guys....i must clarify.....that is my garage....................pic only :D

i've picked it up at the ferrarichat forum that i'm a member of.....drooling occasional at their awesome rides.

that pic came from a "Who's got the best garage" pic post.

that's only one of the very many awesome ones.

there's another with both F40 and F50 in the garage......i'm totally not envying them........right!!!

How many Mclaren F1's are there the US? I know Jay Leno has one.. and there is one in TX. Thats all i know of.

I cannot stand when people come into the Nsx forum trying to deride the Nsx. We never claim that the Nsx is the fastest, best-handling, best-looking, or whatever car out there. We are Nsx enthusiasts. That means we see the Nsx for what it is. If someone thinks its out-dated, so be their opinion. But to state their opinion in a negative, even offensive way is childish.

I am so happy with my Nsx. So it may be a 13 year old design which is "old" by today's standards, but man is it still gorgeous after all these years. It's kinda like Monica Bellucci. I'd take her over all the younger "enhanced" and "faster" women out there. (Just saw Matrix Reloaded and she looks fine)

stiff clutch? hell the stock piece feels like a honda prelude to me..try a comptech like I have...my left calf muscle is larger than my right...also I bought my "old" 91 NSX two years ago,and I gurantee it gets more looks and comments than any of the locals porsche's ....I went to my daughters school auction dinner at the Texas motors speedway,and the valet parked my friends new porsche in the lot with the others, but parked my car right by the door!!! rethink your thoughts bud ....

UFO 1

Thanks so much for sharing your dissatisfaction with your 92 NSX. Please sell it to me at a ridiculously low price so I can use my 91 as winter beater and get rid of my daily driver a gutless 02 Accord LX.

Back