• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Difflow NSX Diffusers... coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Difflow Diffuser GROUP BUY!

DSC00339.jpg

I might change tires in 2 months .. maybe I'll be able to do that ...

Btw, he has a sale on this units, with an awesome price!

Oscar
I'm curious. How would this look without the outer fins? Can someone photochop just the center 4 fins showing? Thank you.

Lol. I don't know, if you go to the testimonials page on my site, there is a map of where the NSX customers are. I worry more about quality over quantity and keeping customers happy.

people seem very happy with your product.....that said have you considered pledging money to the site using the support tab:smile: You can then have your avatar status elevated from registered user:wink:

Your Lordships,

I can say that truly, Difflow is the Boar's Head of commercially-available aluminum diffuser technology.

I successfully installed Glenn's prototype 91-01 Valence Diffuser this weekend, and this despite a bent stabilizer bar... a testament to the simplicity and flexibility of the mounting design.

I successfully facilitated the meeting of Difflow powder-coated aluminum and asphalt backing out of my sloped driveway, and the Diffuser remained mounted securely in place, with no visible damage... a testament to the robust material shape and selection.

I snapped a number of pictures and sent them over to Glenn; I was going to let him pick and choose the pics to post.

A testament to Prime members: I completed the diffuser install ~3pm on Saturday afternoon, and by 11:30am Sunday I was being asked about how functional the diffuser was and if I could feel increased stability. Its true, I didn't do my homework and find a track, an engineering team with daq-equipment and CFD software licenses in the allotted 20 hours, so I can not say with quantifiable precision how much the capability of the car has been enhanced. Shame.

However, a chance to partially redeem myself (and impending rain clouds with the targa in its holster) inspired amateur testing returning from the Difflow NSX meet. My self-renowned "Human accelerometer/CFD-processing Bulsheeto sensor package" determined that indeed the car was traveling arrow-straight in a noticeably-more-stable fashion than before at appropriate speeds. It felt like the car was only going to alter its vector upon concerted driver input... a very desirable outcome indeed. I think high-speed "sweepers" will become your friend at the track.

I will confirm these initial findings over this summer, and I'm sure a few others will have something to add shortly.

got any more pictures? side profile?

Yes it looks bent up.

When mounting the diffuser, tighten the inner screws first, then work your way out.

8kallday also had a bent bracket on his car, so im sure this prototype got bent up from that. Our diffusers are straight though, this was our guinea pig diffuser.

Last edited:
Looks great as expected. Payment sent. Thanks for making this finally. Will post pics once i get it :smile:

Yeah my stabilizer bar under there is bent pretty significantly (.75-1 inch, discovered once I had the diffuser in hand), giving the diffuser that deflection. I actually improved the mounting since that prelim picture, and plan to adjust it a bit more. The unaffected passenger side fit perfectly. I'll post more pics as soon as I tweak it... but that deflection in the picture is about 1/3 of the deflection in my bar, so on a perfect bar its going to be perfectly straight.

I might recommend 3 valence-mount bolt + fender washer for symmetry instead of the 2 in the prototype kit I got. Otherwise, the kit is perfect.

How far do the fins stick out? Any plans on making a version that sticks out less?

The fins stick out ~3 inches from the valence; the 02+ valence is more flush with the bumper, and so a diffuser of the same length is going to stick out more from the 91-01 valence, which is ~1.5-2 inches set back from the bumper surface depending how far outboard you are measuring. The diffuser protrusion past the bumper surface projection is exactly the same, roughly .75 inches? The 02+ guys can confirm the measurements from their valence + bumper.

Glenn and I agreed that you would want the diffuser to be out past the bumper for maximum diffuser/aerodynamic effect, something I personally was going for.

Thanks Chris!

Yes, due to the 91-01 rear bumper being what it is, the diffuser sticks out a bit more. Nsx owners can upgrade their valance and get a 02+ difflow diffuser, or go with this one. The longer the diffuser, the more function you get. I can do a custom job for anyone that want a shortened diffuser for a bit more money. PM me if any if our diffusers interest you all. :)

Last edited:
About how far out does this difflow piece extend past the rear bumper? Some angles it looks really nice and maybe 4" past the bumper...others look like 12" lol hard to tell.

Any under car shots for the 91-01?

money is burning a hole in my pocket.

Edit: payment sent and anxiously awaiting the UPS/FEDEX guy to deliver the goods.

Last edited:
Sticks out around 5 inches. We've shortened it 3 inches after getting feedback from the community. Now it will stick out only 2 inches or so, kind of like the 02+ diffuser we offer.

All disccusion on the 91-01 diffuser should take place here:

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157775

This topic should be for 02-05 difflow diffusers, it will be less confusing :)

I'm going to have 2 of these 02-05 diffusers in stock THIS WEEK.

Get on it quick, they won't last long. :)

PM me or Call.

406-207-48OO

Glenn

I'm going to have 2 of these 02-05 diffusers in stock THIS WEEK.

Get on it quick, they won't last long. :)

PM me or Call.

406-207-48OO

Glenn

What is the cost of the 02-05? Is there a special still going on?

Any testing on high speed runs?

I am interested in directing the air under my car to make sure it stays straight at high speeds. I do events where I am 170+mph.

Any feedback would be great. I have an event coming up next month.

What is the cost of the 02-05? Is there a special still going on?

Any testing on high speed runs?

I am interested in directing the air under my car to make sure it stays straight at high speeds. I do events where I am 170+mph.

Any feedback would be great. I have an event coming up next month.

Hi,

No wind tunnel testing as of yet, hope to do that in the summer. Diffuser will certainly help keep that airflow from front to back, channeled properly, instead of scattering. Check your PM for payment details, and I'll get you setup.

Here's a testimonial from HIJACKER on these forums, who also tracks his car:

HIJACKER:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My day at Summit Point started out VERY wet. In fact, it was practically a monsoon on the way there and for the first 20 minute track session, so speeds were cut in half due to reduced traction. Someone following me in a Porsche did comment on how interesting the water looking coming out from under the diffuser, stating it was split into 6 channels and really looked neat! Maybe that's a good way to visualize the airflow? I did seem to "feel" a slight difference on the longest straight just before turn 1, which is the fastest part of the track. I tend to reach speeds upwards of 130+ and the rear end of the car felt slightly more "planted". Usually, the car starts to feel a bit light or gives me a feeling like the rear end wants to float based on the air pressure, but the diffuser did alleviate that for me[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back