Did you buy your nsx before or after you got married?

WingZ said:
You know your loaded when you can buy a new NSX after two divorces:eek:

Most guys have to save up for toilet paper after just one:biggrin:

PRE-NUP!!!!! You will NEVER meet a guy that disagrees with this, even if you're a pauper Resident or something before you get married. You can still lover 'er to pieces while watching your downside, numero uno. :rolleyes:

Seriously, this whole pre-nup thing is such nonsense. Just put a legitimately "fair" contract in front of her. You should run for the hills if she balks, plain and simple. And don't puss out, either, boys, there's really no chance a chick is going to "walk away" after a few years of dating, over what might happen in the future if you get divorced (which would be fair if you really had a decent contract).

Put it this way: If you are making a good living, and she isn't, and you don't sign a pre-nup because you don't want to potentially "hurt her feelings" for a couple days...you're a sucker.

Last edited:
"IT SHOULDN'T MATTER"

If you love your NSX, and some broad wants you to sell it since you're gonna marry her, well... pretty weak on her part. Those are called "Formula Red Flags" on Prime.

Might as well chop off your nuts and fix a salad while you're at it.

^ What about if you're marrying a girl who makes more money than you do? :wink:

The Kid said:
I was 23, girlfriend had just left and as far as marriage...lets hope that day never comes:biggrin:

You do realize you have *some* control over that, no ? :rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ski_Banker said:
PRE-NUP!!!!!
Put it this way: If you are making a good living, and she isn't, and you don't sign a pre-nup because you don't want to potentially "hurt her feelings" for a couple days...you're a sucker.

Amen!

Bought NSX 9/97
Met wife 10/99
NSX paid off 6/00
Married in 8/02
Kids in 2/05 and 5/06
Wife bugging me to replace NSX with family truckster 2/05-Current

robr said:
Bought NSX 9/97
Met wife 10/99
NSX paid off 6/00
Married in 8/02
Kids in 2/05 and 5/06
Wife bugging me to replace NSX with family truckster 2/05-Current

My wife just told me she "Needs" a $4000 bicycle for her Ironman next year,she wouldn't dare ask me to get rid of the NSX:wink:

do the kids really need new shoes that often?:biggrin:

Bought my NSX in '99 and my S2000 in '02 as a single guy. Any possible marriage is not going to nullify these 'marriages' !! :biggrin:

Coincidentally, I sold my '99 996 in '99 because I though I was getting married...
not doing such things again!

Last edited:
if some woman told me how to spend my hard earned money. its time for her to go :smile:

not married but my girl knows that i buy a car when i want to and sell it when i want to, she really has no place as its my cars:biggrin:

RON98 said:
if some woman told me how to spend my hard earned money. its time for her to go :smile:

not married but my girl knows that i buy a car when i want to and sell it when i want to, she really has no place as its my cars:biggrin:

don't ever get married. once you're married it's no longer "YOUR MONEY", it's "OUR MONEY". Better have one hell of a pre-nup if you don't like that.

My wife is a smokin' hot Japanese redhead with 270 horses in the caboose, who wails like a banshee every time I "nail it". :biggrin:

Married for 12 years, had three kids, bought the NSX, then one more kid.
It is not my primary car, so it doesn't affect anything, except I don't get to driveit as much as I want.
The wife gave me no problem. She heard that man either get a fast sports car or a mistress at the turn of midlife. She said I could get my sports car after that. So I did.

I did give up my CRX when we knew my first son was coming.

Before.
I think this is best way to go.
I have a girlfriendand Im beeing with she almost 5years soon.
Many car I have owned and changed...
All the time I say, Idont need soon much time with my car...But...It's never end...
Usually she understand that car's is important hobby to me and it is ok to him.
Now she have at least sometimes hardfeeling because I fix & tune my car's too much :biggrin: .
End of my times goes to icehockey :smile:
I should have more time to my girl.

So hobbies first, then happy lifetime with family :smile: ...I think :rolleyes:

-pegi-

robr said:
don't ever get married. once you're married it's no longer "YOUR MONEY", it's "OUR MONEY". Better have one hell of a pre-nup if you don't like that.

So I take it shes not getting the NSX if there is a settlement. ;) Or does she? :tongue:

Got married, turned in my VR6 GTI (it was nice for what it was) and drove the wife's old beat to hell Celica GT convertable (roof was in terrable shape, no rear window:frown: ). This so we could get her a Civic Hybrid (other than not being a sports car, its great). So i was going between driving the Celica and riding my bicycle to work (I work in the world of cycling).

We had talked about me buying a friends NSX, but he vasilated greatly on weather or not he was going to sell.

One night I ride home and open the garage like so many times before and there she was. A 95 blk on blk with comptech headers, RM exhuast, short gears, lightened flywheel, RM clutch, intake, drilled rotors w/painted calipers and wheels.

i still ride the bike some times to keep the miles down and the waist trim:biggrin:

Both. Bought my first one straight out of college as a gift to myself. Sold and bought my second one after being married for 3 years.

Been married over 13 years now:eek:
I have been a car guy all of my life (Corvettes [many, many years ago], P-cars, etc) and hope my wife someday realizes a car is better than a girlfriend if you already have an attractive wife.

Bought the first one after one child...wife was frankly not real supportive but got over it fairly quickly. Sold it when the second child came because I didn't drive it and she wanted a pool. Lack of NSX ownership lasted less than 7 months and went out a bought another one without telling her. Just told her one day I was going to Denver to pick up my new NSX. Sold it when the third child was coming. Third child born June 1 this year and I am in the process of picking up my third NSX (Spa Pearl Yellow).

I have established a pretty predictable pattern at this point with my car affliction. My opinion is that if you have the cash, taken care of the retirement savings, college contributions for the kids (if applicable) and have sufficient income to afford this without affecting your lifestyle, this should be a non issue, irespective of whether you are married or not.

bought mine 1 year ago
met girlfriend march this year
getting married in the begin of 2007

the car is no issue...

today we cruised in her car...and when we arrived to her place, she said "look, our cute little car" and smiled and give me a kiss on the cheek :P

At Autobahn CC last weekend heard a girl running around screaming on her cell phone that her boyfriend proposed in the car while out on the track with her... Got to thinking... pretty smart. Now she can't ever make him get rid of the car, afterall "honey, that's where I proposed to you... can't get rid of it." :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

bought mine after i got married, but new baby coming and i think i have to sell my NSX :frown: , because all my friends said i need a SUV or big sedan. headache!

UnhuZ said:
bought mine 1 year ago
met girlfriend march this year
getting married in the begin of 2007

the car is no issue...

today we cruised in her car...and when we arrived to her place, she said "look, our cute little car" and smiled and give me a kiss on the cheek :P

The 'our' part would turn my stomach and send me running for the hills.

Back