Dear Santa, toys for my NA2 White NSX ~ :)

Rick you know what you're missing?

A pic of the license plate lights. I'm pretty sure myself and the rest of the peeps here would like to a shot at that. BTW, i'm waiting for my shipment of those license plate V-LEDs. Like I said, next month's gonna be the backup lights. Then the month after would be the interior lighting. But you know what though, in regards to the sidemarkers, I think you're right....it wouldn't make a difference if you put filament or LEDs behind a textured colored lens. But TRY IT OUT ANYWAY, see if it'll work cause I'm curious to know. Which LEDs are you gonna go with in the sidemarkers?

For those asking, here are some pics inside the headlights:

(pure white light vs. the crappy filament yellowish light)

IMG_3245.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

Update: 12/28/08

With the long holiday break, I had some free time to build a pair of these brackets which hold some super white LED's...(think Lexus style) :wink:

They will give the license plate area a much needed improvement in light and also update the look of the rear of the car....

Here's some pics of the bracket prior to install and what it looks like on my other car (same concept but only time to do one car first)

IMG_4239.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Dear Santa, toys for my 2004 White/onyx NSX ~ :)

I've found some really good uses for these new LED waterproof light strips. The light output is SUPERB and it attaches with 3m double sided tape so no holes to be drilled.

I went to great pains to make sure not a single alteration was done to the car and think I've succeeded! :biggrin:

2/6/09: In preparation for the JDM Japantown car show this weekend, I took the time to add some more "bling" to the engine bay and also update the interior lighting.

I used 2 strips of 18" SMT LED's (one strip under each side of the passenger compartment) Switch controls the red mood lighting to accent my red Bride Seats :)

Also added a new Intake, CF accents and some chrome polished engine parts to give the engine bay some life! I'll take pictures at the show this weekend so stay tuned....hehe

Lastly I decided to custom wire a Valentine 1 Radar system into the NSX complete with a hidden remote display where the OEM clock used to be. I never use the clock anyways so this valuable space nicely conceals the Remote Display with a abs trim piece. I mounted the actual V-1 unit over the rear shoulder sitting between the seats just peeking up over the rear glass window.

rick

Step 1, remove the center dash section and remove (x5) philips screws. The clock circuit board section separates from the main unit. Be sure to bag up all the screws if you ever want to put the clock back in the car!
v1_install_1.jpg

Step 2, carefully hot glue the Valentine remote display centerd in the clock radio display
v1_install_2.jpg

Step 3, located a good easy access spot for the remote volume control
v1_volumeunit.jpg

here's what the final result should look like:
v1_fullylit.jpg

From a bit further back with the underdash LED's lit up:
v1_underdashleds.jpg

V1 main unit as viewed from rear window:
v1mount_3.jpg

Unit is securely mounted on custom abs bracket:
v1mount_1.jpg

Closeup showing the bends I made to make the ABS as stiff as possible:
v1mount_2.jpg

Thats one of the cleanest installs i've seen! I love that idea. Clock is redundant anyway for most of the guys running some sort of aftermarket stereo head unit anyway.

Step 1, remove the center dash section and remove (x5) philips screws. The clock circuit board section separates from the main unit. Be sure to bag up all the screws if you ever want to put the clock back in the car!
v1_install_1.jpg

Step 2, carefully hot glue the Valentine remote display centerd in the clock radio display
v1_install_2.jpg

Step 3, located a good easy access spot for the remote volume control
v1_volumeunit.jpg

here's what the final result should look like:
v1_fullylit.jpg

From a bit further back with the underdash LED's lit up:
v1_underdashleds.jpg

V1 main unit as viewed from rear window:
v1mount_3.jpg

Unit is securely mounted on custom abs bracket:
v1mount_1.jpg

Closeup showing the bends I made to make the ABS as stiff as possible:
v1mount_2.jpg

Bad ass install......Very nice and stealth!!!!:cool:

Your toys look great, where did you get the black with red "nsx" seat belt covers? very unique

ya know I never even gave it much thought till you mentioned it. Those came with the car from the previous owner. I normally don't like those things but the color really matched my red/black scheme so I left them in :biggrin:

Clean and Functional :cool:

rk

UPS just delivered my "Round 1" of NSX-R mods, going to work on installing this stuff in the next few days. Still debating if I want to chance fitting a replica NSX-R hood and hope it fits correctly or not.

V-1 already saved me over 5 times on highways! Haven't missed my clock yet...

Found a easy remedy to the annoying "amber" in the oem headlights. 100% reverseable and did not have to open up the headlights....watcha guys think?

rk

IMG_1610.jpg

Last edited:
Have you ever considered to get the shark antenna, it will take you exactly 30 minutes to install :) and it kills the GIANT antenna :) for good!

Oscar

Rick,

A very clean and tidy approach to modifying your NSX and particularly like the lighting effects.

What have you used for the engine bay and footwells and how have you fed power to them please?

The interior LED upgrades .. are these readily available from hardware stores as I've not seen anything like them over here (UK)

regards, Paul

My engine bay with some minor spice up parts.....a lot more chrome planned :)

enginerick.jpg

Have you ever considered to get the shark antenna, it will take you exactly 30 minutes to install :) and it kills the GIANT antenna :) for good!

Oscar

Oscar, actually my oem antenna rarely goes up as I have a small kill switch for the power antenna as I almost always listen to CD's or my Ipod :wink:

The BBS LM's should go on later today with a few extra new toys so I'm more excited than a 5 year old on x-mas day! hehehe

rk

Oscar, actually my oem antenna rarely goes up as I have a small kill switch for the power antenna as I almost always listen to CD's or my Ipod :wink:

The BBS LM's should go on later today with a few extra new toys so I'm more excited than a 5 year old on x-mas day! hehehe

rk

geez! gotta rub it in...haha, jk jk...looks like christmas came real early for you this year.

IMG_1691.jpg

Hey the car looks great Rick!

How did you get the rear-view mirror to fit on the car? I bought one but could not get it to fit without modifications on my 2004. There was an issue with the hardware.

Did you do any modifications?

The CF mirror was a direct bolt on, no modifications needed!

Sneak peek from this past weekend's festivities....

This is an 18/18 setup - what do you guys think? :)

Does the rear look too small as I was thinking about doing a 19x10" rear stagger with the current 18" fronts....

My co-pilot "hanging" around:
IMG_1733.jpg

A bit further back:
IMG_1755.jpg

Wheel profile shot:
IMG_1729.jpg

Back