Car guys love the NSX ?

i am pretty sure you meant to wish for a flat torque band, not power band. a flat power band is about the WORST thing you could ever hope for your engine :)

that said, the NSX torque band is pretty flat. pretty low, but flatter than most.

ur correct. I meant flat TQ band.
:biggrin:

And yes the stock NSX is a flat-chested TQ band.......

ur correct. I meant flat TQ band.
:biggrin:

And yes the stock NSX is a flat-chested TQ band.......

How does every topic turn into a HP/TQ conversation with you? :rolleyes: You really talk like the power authority since you bought your pre-modded GTO. Does that car even break 120mph?

How does every topic turn into a HP/TQ conversation with you? :rolleyes: You really talk like the power authority since you bought your pre-modded GTO. Does that car even break 120mph?

According to the previous owner he was pulling:

11.34 @ 121mph.

The GTO is in the shop getting ceramic coated forged pistons 10.5 CR, undercut valves, ceramic coated heads and a new pulley.

I'm anticipating 600rwhp and about the same in TQ.

I would consider myself a carguy. Aircraft mechanic/inspector for 20 years. Do all or most of my own automotive maintenance.
First car at 16 was an MGB, then AMX (never beat), Porsches, BMW M-6, Ferraris, Open wheel formula cars and now looking at what many have said to be the ultimate A ticket adrenaline rush. Sprint cars.

I will always have an NSX.

According to the previous owner he was pulling:

11.34 @ 121mph.

The GTO is in the shop getting ceramic coated forged pistons 10.5 CR, undercut valves, ceramic coated heads and a new pulley.

I'm anticipating 600rwhp and about the same in TQ.

That is not a lot of MPH for that amount of wheel. I guess I have never heard someone talk so much about power without having much. :D

Last edited:
That is not a lot of MPH for that amount of wheel. I guess I have never heard someone talk so much about power without having much. :D

Anytime you get under 12 sec.s in a quarter for a street machine you are hauling one thing -......! That is fast; I don't care what car it is. There aren't but super cars doing that. Back in the 60s you'd be taking home some serious money at the drags. But that was 40 years ago and breaking 13 was big then.

Considering that it's a big 3800lbs car, I would say it is.

Here's a short list of what I have killed (mostly from freeway rolls):

-GTR
- Every AMG except a AMG 65 (which I have not come across)
- every M series BMW
- 335 with reflashed ECU to make 400rwhp~
- STi with boost dialed up yielding 400WHP~
- Most bikes under 700CC on the freeway
- A handful of NA1/NA2 NSXs
- RX7

Anytime you get under 12 sec.s in a quarter for a street machine you are hauling one thing -......! That is fast; I don't care what car it is. There aren't but super cars doing that. Back in the 60s you'd be taking home some serious money at the drags. But that was 40 years ago and breaking 13 was big then.

You'll have to excuse Aaron94T. He's just trying to bust my chops....

I am sorry, but calling a 11s/600hp as "not much power" is just nonsense. Someone either failed at car 101, or tried to humiliate someone but did exactly the opposite.......

I am sorry, but calling a 11s/600hp as "not much power" is just nonsense. Someone either failed at car 101, or tried to humiliate someone but did exactly the opposite.......

He's just trying to rest his Supercharged Viper tea bags on my chin.....:biggrin:

I'm anticipating mid to high 10's at mid to high 120'sMPH with 600 to the wheels for the GTO boat anchor.

Last edited:
there are faster cars out there for the price (my close friends have an; EVO, STI, MKIV Supra, and a FD RX7) but my money went to an NSX because i enjoy more things out there than raw horsepower.

a real 'driver's car' IMHO is about balance and i have driven few cars in stock trim that can match the balance of the NSX.

If Ayrton Senna calls the NSX a supercar, I feel completely confident calling our cars 'supercars' even amoungst the naysayers out there.

Last edited:

Maybe I did fail car 101, please splain it to me. :cool: I was making a dig at Batman as he completely understands. The real reason I made the comment is because he digs on YOUR NSXs power level with every other post. Read a couple more of his posts and you will see what I mean.

You'll have to excuse Aaron94T. He's just trying to bust my chops....

Yes I am and am trying to make a point in a non-subtle way. :tongue: 9/10 NSX owners do not care as much about HP as you do. I completely understand where you are coming from but I think you are beating a dead horse.

Yes I am and am trying to make a point in a non-subtle way. :tongue: 9/10 NSX owners do not care as much about HP as you do. I completely understand where you are coming from but I think you are beating a dead horse.

I think more than 9/10 NSX owners do care about power.

More like 50%.

When they see the new HP levels they can't help but to wonder, "what if..."

Then when they see the price of obtaining more HP for the NSX they ran back to their caves.

It's like lacking sufficient penis size. Alot of guys care about it. Most don't do much about it and deal with it..........

Few points here as I see them...

First, two years of reading posts on Prime about how wonderful the balance is on the NSX with stock power levels, and how the good drivers here regularly kill more powerful cars on the track, tells me that 9/10 of us _really_ do not care that much about power.

Second, being the first guy to compare something to penis size in an argument usually loses, even if he was originally right. It's like comparing someone to Hitler, it just sounds ridiculous.

Third, now that I think about it, isn't it traditionally the guys bragging about big power, or driving around in giant trucks, or otherwise trying to show how cool they are, who are trying to... compensate for something?

Lastly, I do know where you're coming from. My car is getting a supercharger installed as I type this. And please don't look at my penis.

Few points here as I see them...

First, two years of reading posts on Prime about how wonderful the balance is on the NSX with stock power levels, and how the good drivers here regularly kill more powerful cars on the track, tells me that 9/10 of us _really_ do not care that much about power.

Second, being the first guy to compare something to penis size in an argument usually loses, even if he was originally right. It's like comparing someone to Hitler, it just sounds ridiculous.

Third, now that I think about it, isn't it traditionally the guys bragging about big power, or driving around in giant trucks, or otherwise trying to show how cool they are, who are trying to... compensate for something?

Lastly, I do know where you're coming from. My car is getting a supercharger installed as I type this. And please don't look at my penis.

All I can say is Hasdrubal get ready for launch in minus.......whatever the build time is..... awesome - try and keep yourself and that lovely NSX in one piece. When I rode in an SC'd car - it was awesomely fast! I don't even want that much power. A little more maybe but with the NSX it's either stay with what you have pretty much or go super nova with the SC or TC. Seems like that to me but I could be wrong - somebody please tell me how though cause I might enjoy a little more. I do have headers though. Good luck that Has....Let us know what blast off was like:biggrin:

How did this thread turn into a Kill Post for Batman?

How did this thread turn into a Kill Post for Batman?

And see, that is exactly my point. We could have a thread about the price of Tea in China and Batman would post how he pulled a Chinese guy driving XYZ car while sipping some Earl Grey. :confused: All of this due to his super crazy insane fast GTO.

So this was about "CAR GUYS LOVE THE NSX" and we ended up with Batman's 600HP cavalier?? ... I hate to admit but I had to block Batman .... sucks, I guess I am some of the few people blocking him ... sorry ..
Oscar

I think there's a lot of love and respect for the NSX in car circles. I get nods from guys driving Italian exotics, American muscle and British roadsters, as well as the Japanese tuner crowd.

Had a good time talk with a guy at the gas station the other day. He was driving this sweet '32 Ford three-window coupe running (I think) a Chevy 327 with lots of chrome and big fat rear tires, and he dug my car. Two totally different cars from two totally different eras, but the same love for driving.

Ferrari guys seem to like my car. Though I don't drive an F-car, I think they see me as a "fellow traveler" who enjoys a car with great handling and style as well as speed. They may even be envious of my maintenance schedule. I was having a chat with a guy with an F430 Spider, who was saying how much he admired the NSX that he was thinking about picking one up to be his daily. My daily is a Civic, but to each their own. :biggrin:

I think more than 9/10 NSX owners do care about power.

More like 50%

So 9/10 is more like 50%?!? Did you fail elementary school math?

It's like lacking sufficient penis size. Alot of guys care about it. Most don't do much about it and deal with it..........
Most don't do anything about it because in reality, there is nothing wrong with it to start with. The ones that really, really have a size problem are the ones that talk about horsepowers all day long and have desperately tried to compensate for that shortcoming like blowing up FD and boosting GTO.
Steve

Back