Canadian winter turbo project!

Here's a couple of pics of what happens when you get bored over a long cold winter! the car is almost done now, just finishing off the heat exchanger up front and i'm off to tune!! Looking forward to hometown NSXPO!!

Attachments

• bottom1r.jpg
    bottom1r.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,008
  • bottom2r.jpg
    bottom2r.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 880
  • bottom pics3r.jpg
    bottom pics3r.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,079
  • bottomr.jpg
    bottomr.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,011
What an AWESOME set-up!!! Will this set-up be available....or is this a "Don't you wish you could afford a set-up like this?" Even so....would be well worth it. Can't wait to see numbers and sound clip.

Oh man, Thats is very effin' nice.

That is one of the best set ups I have EVER seen, and I have seen alot of craftmanship, But this is awesome.

Congrats and good luck with the numbers that set up deserves it.

-MSR

They do look a little far,
The Twin Scroll should made to spooling faster, what turbo is it?

-MSR

It is a twin scroll! it's a gt4088, the gates are equally placed and equally ramped off each pipe! I've done similar setups and have had no problems with boost creep. Also each runner is 100% equal! volume tested for accuracy

And to think that you needed new tires before... ;)

That's a very impressive setup, kudos to your fabricator!

Canada Rocks!

And the crazy thing is that no one in the NSX community here knows this guy! I cant wait to meet him and see this amazing car he has built.

WOW!!!! that is incredible! I really want to hear this thing!!! Why would you do dual wastegates? Is it a built motor? When do you think it will be up and running? sorry for all the questions

thanks
Blaine

Is not up to me to discuss power on this car or all the little details, BUT let me tell you that this car ROCKS, and not in the stupid power kind of way.

My last car was a 500awhp car and the power delivery was very abusive that it would just snap your neck, which might not be a bad thing since it was an AWD car, and it could be a little more predictable than an rwd car.

This car has awsome power, but it comes very linear and it just never stops!!! there is not twisting or the tail going everywhere, it just goes nice and straight.

I cant explain how good the power delivery is, it just feel amazing it should be right at home at a track.

The sound, the sound its incrdible since you turn the key till you start rowing trough the gears (6 speed) , then the twin 44mm wastegates open and its over.
Just imagine the 3.2 spitting all the extra boost, its just killer!!!

There is absolutly no lag at all, power delivery does not have to be deliver, its always there.

The Tial blow off valve is the cream on the top on this turbo set up, there is no surge AT ALL!! no weird surge noises, it just blow the excesive air at ones everytime.

Cant wait to have this set up in my car.

I am sure rob will post a video clip soon.

Thanks for the ride Rob.

-MSR

Kudos for trying something different. Twin wastegates are good if sized properly.

The rear bank headers - is it a stock design where it does a 180* turn pointing to the right of the car?

-If so, does your routing make another 180* to now go to the left of the car and then into the turbo? (two 180* turns in exhaust flow of the rear bank before going into the turbo)

Billy

More info please!!! Looks great. Is this a kit that will be retailed?

Blaine

So its another winter and its been a while since i updated, but ill post more pics soon, the car works flawlessly! the sound is priceless! I drove it all summer at a mild 9psi where it made 478whp and 375lb-ft! was aiming for 12 psi but the clutch said otherwise! Plans for this winter are exedy carbon/carbon, custom intake manifold and throttle body and 12-15 psi, and for future im currently building an engine on the side to handle some serious numbers! lets just say im making the next 1000 hp nsx from canada!

I'll get back with video and pics soon, just been busy setting up a new facility, and will be offering service and custom fabricating specializing in nsx's! also planning on making this into a kit now that it is tried and tested!!

Thanks for the great responses
Rob

This car is killing me.

Subscribed and PM'd!!!:cool:

Sweet! Is your engine stock or do you have it built? Looks like some interesting work so far good job!

Back