• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Can someone make this?

I'm looking to delete my ashtray on the center console so I can mount a pair of AEM serial gauges. Can someone suggest a place that can make a nice piece in CF that is the shape of the hole left by the ashtray door with 2 holes cutout to fit the gauges? Also, would it be possible to just have my door cut to fit the gauges (might look weird since the door flares out on the bottom, but who knows).

Thanks
John

The dash is flat on the back side. I would suggest getting a small sheet of CF drilling the holes your self and mounting it to the back of the dash, this would be the easiest way and would look good.

I'm looking to delete my ashtray on the center console so I can mount a pair of AEM serial gauges. Can someone suggest a place that can make a nice piece in CF that is the shape of the hole left by the ashtray door with 2 holes cutout to fit the gauges? Also, would it be possible to just have my door cut to fit the gauges (might look weird since the door flares out on the bottom, but who knows).

Thanks
John

We can make that for you, however I am curious to know would anyone else be interested if we make a production part.

Rav

Thats awesome Rav.

PM me with costs etc when you have it figured out.

Hey I can send you a small carbon plate you can cut and make fit your self no charge . :biggrin:

Oh yeah also we are almost done with left side A-pilar 3 pods gauge cover in carbon . I'll post some pic's tomorrow

I have a carbon fiber ashtray door, which could be epoxied in place on the OEM console (with the ashtray assembly removed, or left in place, if desired to secure the climate fan) - it would then be simple to create two holes in this door for gauges.

Because its an ashtray door, it would be flush with the console, and would sit inside of the recessed portion, rather than on top of the console.

Oyagi, I want to do the same thing but haven't looked at it yet real close.
Let me know how it goes.
Trev

What would be nice is to replace the clock and make a mini hood like the nav pod only much shorter, that would house two or three standard size gauges, putting the gauges up higher on the dash makes them much more usable and maybe a pop-in cover could be made to cover the gauges when not wanted to be in view.

My personal preference would be to use the PLX gauges and remove the front trim, mount them in the new shorter hood, and cover the gauges with a piece of smoked plexi so when the gauges are off the gauge pod would be black with no sign of gauges being there at all.

If you can make one of these I would buy one for sure. If you need help designing PM me, I can make a one off piece for myself but I think others may want one and I do not have the time to develope and market a product.

Dave

What would be nice is to replace the clock and make a mini hood like the nav pod only much shorter, that would house two or three standard size gauges, putting the gauges up higher on the dash makes them much more usable and maybe a pop-in cover could be made to cover the gauges when not wanted to be in view.

My personal preference would be to use the PLX gauges and remove the front trim, mount them in the new shorter hood, and cover the gauges with a piece of smoked plexi so when the gauges are off the gauge pod would be black with no sign of gauges being there at all.

If you can make one of these I would buy one for sure. If you need help designing PM me, I can make a one off piece for myself but I think others may want one and I do not have the time to develope and market a product.

Dave

Dave, they produce this already, I's Impact:

p-2-2.jpg

p-1.jpg

p-1-2.jpg

Dave, they produce this already, I's Impact:/QUOTE]

I have seen that piece but you loose the AC vents with that one, with black interior and 100 degree 90% humidity in the St. Louis summers I can not go with out the AC vents.

Dave

Last edited:
Another by another.
ry%3D400

It's a good idea, but you have to lower your eyes to see what's going on, this is why I went from double-DIN navi to a navi screen in a navpod, you can keep your concentration on the road.

The I's impact unit does not eliminate the AC vent, it has mesh, and its design propels the AC forward, but you lose directionality of the air, it just goes straight back. The NSX is small to the point where ir probably wouldn't be that large of a concern, and it's a great place for gauges. If they went any higher, to put directional vents in the unit, it would be essentially the same thing as a nav pod.

I considered several layouts in my car, in the end, the easiest solution was to replace the cluster with one which had the additional items I was interested in.

Another by another.
ry%3D400

Thats pretty well what I have in mind. I just received a FREE CF piece from mdcfab of Df (thanks so much). I'm going to try this on my own and see how it turns out. Like Scorp said its not ideal in terms of sightlines but its pretty well the only place I have if I want to maintain an uncluttered look (I had an a-pillar pod but am not too crazy about the tuner-boy look). My old R32 GTR had boost and 2 other gauges located at the same spot oem and it was decent. You get used to looking at it quickly once you know they're there.

Thats pretty well what I have in mind. I just received a FREE CF piece from mdcfab of Df (thanks so much). I'm going to try this on my own and see how it turns out. Like Scorp said its not ideal in terms of sightlines but its pretty well the only place I have if I want to maintain an uncluttered look (I had an a-pillar pod but am not too crazy about the tuner-boy look). My old R32 GTR had boost and 2 other gauges located at the same spot oem and it was decent. You get used to looking at it quickly once you know they're there.

ST8110SR = mission accomplished :wink:

Mr. Oyagi
Please take photos of your process.
Please keep your templates.
I do want to have this but haven't parked my car yet and found the time.
Thanks
Trev

On a more expensive route you could cut a JDM navigation pod down and mold it together similar to the I's Impact with directional A/C vents.

On a more expensive route you could cut a JDM navigation pod down and mold it together similar to the I's Impact with directional A/C vents.

That is my plan for a one off unit, but if we could get a new piece made that did not require the loss of a JDM NavPod that would be better. I will probably order one in to make my own setup work.

Dave

Last edited:
Back