• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brian K. is an invaluable asset to the NSX community

Recently, the Bose stereo head unit in my '91 NSX failed. Recalling that Brian K. had expertly and efficiently repaired the amplifiers from my car a year earlier, I contacted him.

Although he indicated that repairing NSX stereos was not part of his normal trade (the repair of speakers/amps and climate control units being his customary trade), Brian graciously agreed to attempt repair of my stereo. He offered to send another stereo for my use while he inspected and attempted repair of my stereo.

After devoting what I know to have been many hours to the task, Brian successfully repaired my stereo. He returned it to me via USPS Priority Mail carefully packaged and at his own expense. He never requested compensation and assented to modest compensation only upon my insistence.

Brian's expertise precluded the need for me to either undertake the potentially cumbersome and costly search for a pristine used factory stereo or expend the more than $2000 required to purchase a new one from Acura. His expertise allows me to once again enjoy the Bose sound system and maintain my car's originality, an aspect of any car I value highly.

As meaningful as Brian's expertise has been for me, it is his consideration and integrity that lead me to compose this message. In this day and age where common courtesy isn't and where predation and pursuit of the quick buck have superseded the practice of working to develop and maintain relationships offering mutual benefit, Brian K. is a noteworthy anomaly. He is an asset to our community.

Agreed. Two weeks after buying my '91 the CCU went down. After a quick search on this forum it was off to Brian for a rebuild of the control board.

Had it back within a week and it works perfectly. Total = $135 :smile:

His website also provided very detailed instructions on how to remove the CCU and he was very quick to respond, via e-mail, to a few questions I had during the removal process.

I also agree that Brian K. is a great resource. He just fixed my Climate Control Unit. It is like new. I would highly recommend his services.

Thank you Brian K.

Back