Best 02+ Carbon Fiber Rear Valance?

I'm curious as to what the consensus is on the best choice for getting a carbon fiber 02+ valance

I only ask because Ive encountered a few on some cars that were pretty flimsy and unstable

bumpity

Valence? or Diffuser?

I believe only Seibon makes the 02+ valence in Carbon Fiber and the fitment is only "good - alright." I personally dont have it but an planning to pick one up and paint it to match the body leaving only the diffuser part cf exposed. Good review here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ce-lip-in-Carbon-Fiber-pics-finally-installed!!!

A handful of people makes the under diffusers, to be honest i think that part doesnt really matter in terms of fitment because it will look great regardless since its just a flat peice on the bottom of the valence. Cheers!

Last edited:
Valence? or Diffuser?

I believe only Seibon makes the 02+ valence in Carbon Fiber and the fitment is only "good - alright." I personally dont have it but an planning to pick one up and paint it to match the body leaving only the diffuser part cf exposed. Good review here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ce-lip-in-Carbon-Fiber-pics-finally-installed!!!

A handful of people makes the under diffusers, to be honest i think that part doesnt really matter in terms of fitment because it will look great regardless since its just a flat peice on the bottom of the valence. Cheers!

Yea i meant valance and thx for the input. The only thing im looking for in this is to not have potential flexing going on while driving at highway speeds thus making the vehicle look cheap, but i love me some carbon fiber. But if they'e the only ones who make it, it seemd slightly flimsy if it was the one i saw on another vehicle. i wanted to find out too bc im fighting the battle of potentially going with that rear valance/diffuser thing from taitec...

I have a seibon and fitment was pretty good. You have to drill the mounting holes yourself, but even with those perfectly matching my OEM valence it was a few millimeters off. Not noticeable to most though. I also had to reinforce the area closest to the wheel well due to flexing at high speed. It is all solid now and looks fantastic!

-Alec

I have a seibon and fitment was pretty good. You have to drill the mounting holes yourself, but even with those perfectly matching my OEM valence it was a few millimeters off. Not noticeable to most though. I also had to reinforce the area closest to the wheel well due to flexing at high speed. It is all solid now and looks fantastic!

-Alec

I thot u had it u mfer, but because of exactly what you said, making it more rigid, i didnt think it was possibly seibon bc i never saw any flex in yours. I also figured u might have used some of your witchcraft to make it yourself, which i guess u did in part. well sir, you have earned yourself a phonecall/spot assisting/some drinks if i end up putting one on...

HAHAHA I have NO problem with that. It was pretty easy. I had no idea anything was up with it until Darrin was beside me and said he saw it moving. I just didn't want to risk it flapping so hard it cracks or separates the clear from the carbon so I knew I had to improvise!

-Alec

HAHAHA I have NO problem with that. It was pretty easy. I had no idea anything was up with it until Darrin was beside me and said he saw it moving. I just didn't want to risk it flapping so hard it cracks or separates the clear from the carbon so I knew I had to improvise!

-Alec

This was my exact fear

Yea i meant valance and thx for the input. The only thing im looking for in this is to not have potential flexing going on while driving at highway speeds thus making the vehicle look cheap, but i love me some carbon fiber. But if they'e the only ones who make it, it seemd slightly flimsy if it was the one i saw on another vehicle. i wanted to find out too bc im fighting the battle of potentially going with that rear valance/diffuser thing from taitec...

I'm in the market for one too and have been asking the same question for months now. I was about to go with Seibon, but then I heard a few negative comments on fitment and something about sagging so I'm still debating. What I do hear over and over is that the OEM unit is the best, but it's costly.

I'm in the market for one too and have been asking the same question for months now. I was about to go with Seibon, but then I heard a few negative comments on fitment and something about sagging so I'm still debating. What I do hear over and over is that the OEM unit is the best, but it's costly.

Ironically cost wasnt something i was going to worry about but when i found out that the carbon was cheaper than the OEM i knew something was up

Back