Before / After pics with 25mm spacers on NA2 OEM Rims :)

While still waiting for my Volk rims I've been talking to some awesome NSXprime members on wheel offsets for our cars. I've learned so much in hte past few weeks so wanted to share my findings so if any of you are thinking about these mods.

My car is a 2004 white nsx sitting on Tien Flex coils, OEM rims.

Stock rear is 17x9, +56 offset

I used H/R rear 25mm spacers per their website

here are a few pics of the spacers during install:

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

WITHOUT SPACER:
IMG_2315.jpg

WITH 25mm SPACER:
IMG_2314.jpg

Good photos but I wouldn't do it. I'd be afraid of bottoming out the suspension and hitting the fender.

Excellent point but not to worry.....I talked to quite a few "experts" and this is a very SAFE fitment.

OEM wheels are +56 offset minus 25mm spacer thus = +31 offset

For a 17" wheel running 255 tires this is well within the safe parameters as NSX users can take up to a +25mm effective offset.

Now I just need the front spacers now :)

rk

Looks good. And this is in fact a very safe fitment. Because of the geometry of the suspension, when the wheel moves upwards, it "arcs" inward at the top of the wheel and will clear the fender well. This fact becomes more obvious when the car is lowered. It's the whole reason why more negative camber is introduced when the car is lowered.

J

Looks good. And this is in fact a very safe fitment. Because of the geometry of the suspension, when the wheel moves upwards, it "arcs" inward at the top of the wheel and will clear the fender well. This fact becomes more obvious when the car is lowered. It's the whole reason why more negative camber is introduced when the car is lowered.

J

Thanks J - that makes me feel better :)

The car has not moved since those pics as I still need to install the spacer on the passenger side...hahaha

rk

What did you torque those spacers nuts at?

What did you torque those spacers nuts at?

Do I have to tighten those....? I figured finger tight is good enough since the bolts won't move with the wheels bolted to the outer studs! :biggrin:

Just kidding, I used 90 ft lbs on the hub unts and 90 on the actual rim bolts as well.

rk

J

Ahhhh...okay then it makes sense. It will be good to see how the car looks once the front spacers are on.

Ahhhh...okay then it makes sense. It will be good to see how the car looks once the front spacers are on.

I've been looking for a used 25mm front spacer setup so if anyone is selling a pair, please let me know!

Need H/R part number (fronts): 5065700

OEM NA2 Front wheels = 17x7, +60 offset

With the 25mm spacer, 60-25 = +35 effective offset which is again very safe!

I will snap some pics of the car from the rear with the wider footprint tonight.

rk

So this setup is mostly for looks and possible handling improvements?

I would think you would get a lot more chips from this setup, no?

That looks good!

Is your car lowered?

It could just be the angle, but it looks like you lost some negative camber in the after picture (after the spacer was installed). Maybe you want to check your alignment just to be safe.

I've been looking for a used 25mm front spacer setup so if anyone is selling a pair, please let me know!

Need H/R part number (fronts): 5065700

OEM NA2 Front wheels = 17x7, +60 offset

With the 25mm spacer, 60-25 = +35 effective offset which is again very safe!

I will snap some pics of the car from the rear with the wider footprint tonight.

rk

Rick,

You don't want 25mm up front. I believe 15mm is the winner. :wink:

Rick,

You don't want 25mm up front. I believe 15mm is the winner. :wink:

Hey Rick, I agree with Chardo. You should go with a 15mm or 20mm in front, 25mm works but it's just a tad bit too much...

BTW I saw you driving on McCarthy Blvd and gave you a wave but dont think you saw me...lol

Ca looks great with a flushed wheel. Love the white NSX, probably the only stock configuration I like color wise. Prior to all the modifications on my ride I used 25mm front and back, I would concider a 15mm or 20mm for the front. The rears are perfect. I agree with some of the statements above on the tuck. With a car generally that low factory wise and so so for width for its dimensions it would also keep piece of mind for that unexpected hard turn. I experienced this and both side fenders were damaged. if I only had 5mm or less from the 25mm spacers I would have never had the issue. Anyways great looking car. German inginuity on the finger good n tight for the spacers:wink:

As for performance in turning characteristics I wouldn't go anything beyond 25mm as it puts stress on the wheel bearing assy, ASK ME HOW I KNOW> LOL

gil

Last edited:
thanks guys for all the replies - believe it I was so busy this weekend with work the car did not even get a second of my attention :(

I'm going to try and pull it out of the garage this week and snap some better profile pics. The fronts I will not be using 25mm - found some 15mm spacers locally so will be testing those out.

Right now the front is stock and it's really bad looking...haha

rk

I think it is only for looks, although I have had the 25mm spacer on my car for a while I am pretty sure the handling was better pre-spacer.

The steering geometry is surely affected when using spacers but I don't have the knowledge/expertise to describe or even imagine how it might affect performance. What *does* happen, however, is that when turning the wheels, they'll no longer pivot around the same center-point (for lack of a better term) of the tire. To describe what I'm trying to say, let's just assume that OEM design is to have the tires pivot around the center of the tire width. When you move the wheel out an inch, it now pivots at a point one inch further inboard than designed. So that's what happens with spacers up front (or even with getting aftermarket wheels that change this steering "center-point") though I have no idea how that may affect performance handling for the better or worse. I imagine there are no negatives to using a spacer in the rear, though the track is changed and who knows how this affects how Honda intended the suspension to behave. Again, the same would be true of aftermarket wheels that change where the center of the wheel is.

I would think you would get a lot more chips from this setup, no?

Well, as far as rocks are concerned, it should be no different from the use of aftermarket wheels with offsets that move the wheels to the edge of the fender wells. There are many NSXs with this sort of fitment and I haven't heard anyone mention anything regarding this. This includes me, as my wheels are right up to the edge of the car.

J

Last edited:
i have this set up. 25mm spacers on 02+oem wheels, lowerd with SOS-JIC and no problems :smile:

Rick- I see you finally decided to flex those wheels a bit. Looks good- stock designs a bit flawed IMHO (too tucked inward). Now get those Volks on & lose those spacers.

Back