Before / After pics with 25mm spacers on NA2 OEM Rims :)

Having the face of the wheel & tire flush with the outer edge of the fender is wonderful. When it's sunken in it looks wimpy, and having it stick out would look wrong too. Flush is just right. :smile:
Ideally though, you get wheels made with the correct offset so you don't have to run spacers, which have some possible safety issues.

Rick,

You don't want 25mm up front. I believe 15mm is the winner. :wink:

I've actually been hunting for a pair of 10-15mm front spacers with no luck for the front of the car. I have these oem nsx wheels on my s2000 right now so it's great they fit both cars! :)

I see no issues with safety if you use the quality H/R Integral spacers....

rick

^ Thanks for the link of that 12mm spacers. Pretty cheap.. It should work nicely with ARP wheel studs...

I'm only concern about it is that its not hubcentric. Anybody want to confirm this? Do we need hubcentric spacers on our cars?

Thanks

niM

Good photos but I wouldn't do it. I'd be afraid of bottoming out the suspension and hitting the fender.

WHY NOT? I am running Tein coil overs and VERY VERY low...I have Works 3 piece 19x10.5" with a ET 31 and ZERO rubbing ever...seems a 17x9 et31 would be fine no?

Great job s4play..looks great! I feel your pain on waiting for Volks, i gotta bite the bullet and order some new rims from SoS next week and then 6 week wait :(

Personally, I like 15mm F & 20mm R spacers on OEM wheels.

Dali carries 15 & there is an ebay store with 20 for the rear.

Question: On your front wheels with 15mm spacer, did you get the spacer from H/R that has longer studs you have to REPLACE? OR did you buy the integral spacer with longer studs built into the spacer?

rick

Question: On your front wheels with 15mm spacer, did you get the spacer from H/R that has longer studs you have to REPLACE? OR did you buy the integral spacer with longer studs built into the spacer?
rick

I was running the 15mm H/R with longer studs. I have since switched to ARP short studs and plan on running integral spacer so I don't have to run open end wheel nuts with my track wheels (which I run w/o spacers). I don't think I would run integral spacers on the track, but they should be no problem for street use.

I was running the 15mm H/R with longer studs. I have since switched to ARP short studs and plan on running integral spacer so I don't have to run open end wheel nuts with my track wheels (which I run w/o spacers). I don't think I would run integral spacers on the track, but they should be no problem for street use.

I'm confused why you switched your setup, can you please elaborate??

Short studs and integral spacer vs. 15mm H/R spacer with longer studs?

rk

Are there any known downsides to having spacers? As far as safety?

On one of our yearly canyon drives, an NSX'er had his wheel start to fall off because of a spacer. If I remember correctly, 2 of the studs broke off and he stopped just in time to take off the spacer and reinstall his wheel before it departed from said vehicle. He vowed never to use spacers again.

On one of our yearly canyon drives, an NSX'er had his wheel start to fall off because of a spacer. If I remember correctly, 2 of the studs broke off and he stopped just in time to take off the spacer and reinstall his wheel before it departed from said vehicle. He vowed never to use spacers again.
Was this a bolt on spacer like the 25mm or a slide on spacer like 10mm with longer studs?

Update: 2/9/09

Seems the H/R spacers are true quality as I have no issues with my 25mm DRM Integral spacers on the right.

But the ones on the left as you can tell has one broken stud and another one about to break. I'm pretty sure those are from Dali as you can tell by the gold nuts. The metal on the left ones just seem like a softer cheaper material. I tried to torque them to 90 ft lbs like I always do and they felt loose and BOOM, snapped! :mad:

Cheap vs. Quality ones on right...
wheelspacers.jpg

NSX Wheel is on the right, notice how they do NOT have recessed pockets:
wheelcomparo.jpg

Wow...just so darn risky running spacers! :eek: I wouldn't do it.

Just there's nothing risky if you take your time to test each size of spacer and just drive slowly around your neighborhood listening for rubbing.

Check out my ordeal with my s2000 spacers here.

FYI: s2000 and NSX have identical center bores so it can be interchanged.

s2000 front center bore is 70.1 ~ same as nsx front

s2000 rear center bore is 64.1 ~ same as nsx rear

Click here:
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=12&t=668408

Just there's nothing risky if you take your time to test each size of spacer and just drive slowly around your neighborhood listening for rubbing.

Check out my ordeal with my s2000 spacers here.

FYI: s2000 and NSX have identical center bores so it can be interchanged.

s2000 front center bore is 70.1 ~ same as nsx front

s2000 rear center bore is 64.1 ~ same as nsx rear

Click here:
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=12&t=668408

Rick, why!!!! do you need spacers...bill

Could it be due to the extra 10 pounds of torque applied to them? Should not have mattered that much, but it seems it did.

AFAIK the wheel nuts take 80 lb-ft.

Cheers,

AR

Well I got my 18/18 setup on the car earlier tonight. Front wheels look 100% perfect mint. The offset is ideal and the 18x8" front wheel really fills the wheel well perfectly. It's on a +35 offset and a 215/35/18 tire. I love it and imagined it just the way it sits now

Rears I really wanted a 19x9.5 but had to settle for a 18x9, +42 rim for now. I took the rear rim off about 10 times trying various spacers. If I just use the +42 offset mounted to the oem hub, it's WAY too mild for my taste as it has almost the same tuck as oem na2 rims which is a big nono in my book. The 18x9, +42 sitting on a 255/35 tire needs a lot more offset. I tried the 5mm which made virtually no difference so I then tested a 10mm, 15mm and finally happy with the 25mm H/R integral spacer. So effectively I'm running a +17mm rear offset! I guess the 9" wide rim allows this crazy low offset. Normally a 9.5" or 10" rim would require a +30 to +35 range.

Has anyone else run a 18x9" rim on a +17 offset? (tire is a 255/35 tire)

I'm going to get it out of my garage to take some pictures of it but the verdict is still out......you guys be the judge tomorrow.

I have a feeling I may be on the phone ordering the custom made 19x9.5" LM's tomorrow....yikes

Edub and I have been running 02+ oem rims with 25mm spacers front and back for awhile now...never had an issue what so ever :) the car drives and handles beautifully! good choice!

I purchased H & R 25mm spacers for my 91 with 02 rims.

The stock studs on the front and the rear are too long and protrude through the 25mm spacer and touch the rim. Looks like they protrude 3mm past, more than the recession in the rim.

Back