Before / After pics with 25mm spacers on NA2 OEM Rims :)

If I am not mistaken, I have seen factory spacers on Porsches. So quality spacers are indeed safe and used on race cars and karts quite often.

If you want to do this safe and designed for track tested performance that will allow proper alignment specs with 2002 wheels, I recommend 15mm front by H&R, and 25mm rear from STMPO. Do not get any with integral studs, and replace all factory studs with ARP.

If you want to do this safe and designed for track tested performance that will allow proper alignment specs with 2002 wheels, I recommend 15mm front by H&R, and 25mm rear from STMPO. Do not get any with integral studs, and replace all factory studs with ARP.

Honest question: why do you recommend not using spacers with integral studs? I always thought that was a viable and safe option…

Thanks. I'm interested to hear another opinion

J

Honest question: why do you recommend not using spacers with integral studs? I always thought that was a viable and safe option…

Thanks. I'm interested to hear another opinion

J

I've seen more than one case where studs have snapped with spacers. With spacers that have built-in studs, there seem to be two issues. Less contact area with the hub, and the reliance on what are now 10 studs to hold the wheel onto the car. 5 are holding the wheel to the spacer, and 5 more are holding that spacer to the car. This may be easy to bolt on, but is not a favorable design. A spacer with ARP studs pressed in is higher in strength than stock, a spacer with extra holes and integral studs is weaker than stock (and heavier). On further investigation I learned that 25mm up front will create some geometry issues and the car will have more proper alignment with 15mm. I chose the STMPO 25mm spacer and ARP bolts replacing the stock ones for the rear, because it has more contact area than the H&R and the ARPs are much stronger. For the front 15mm I went with the H&R and again installed ARP bolts replacing the factory studs. I believe that this is the best performance setup for using spacers in a non-widebody/stock wheel application. 15mm clears most BBK's up front.

Last edited:
Back