• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bear Mountain Run 10/24 (Fall Foilage...if we didn't miss it already)

Aaron,

With Tytus wanting to meet at BM at 9:15 am and take off by 9:30, how about we move up the Rt 287 just north of Rt 80 interchange meet time to 8 am? Rich suggests we be careful on the PIP due to heavy radar.

Frank

Aaron,

Sounds good to me. About 1/2 mile north of the interchange there's area to pull off to the right. Probably 8:15 is a good time to meet up & easily be at Bear Mtn by 9:30. Agreed?

Frank

Aaron,

With Tytus wanting to meet at BM at 9:15 am and take off by 9:30, how about we move up the Rt 287 just north of Rt 80 interchange meet time to 8 am? Rich suggests we be careful on the PIP due to heavy radar.

Frank

How about we meet off of a 287 exit versus on the highway? For example there is a wendy's a quarter mile off the route 10 west exit. We can meet at quarter to 8 if you are worried about making it.

See you in the mornimg unless something happens. The nsx is a bit dirty though so i dont know how that will go. Haha

Ok I pm'd you my number so if you can't make it drop us a courtesy call so we don't wind up waiting. Dirty NSX still looks better than any other clean car out there!

How about we meet off of a 287 exit versus on the highway? For example there is a wendy's a quarter mile off the route 10 west exit. We can meet at quarter to 8 if you are worried about making it.

Aaron,

I missed your message last night and won't be ready to leave to make it at 7:45 at Wendy's. That area by the reservoir is easy to meet on the side of 287. I'll PM you with my cellhpone #.

Frank

Sorry no pics but im sure someone has them .... about a dozen cars along with some friends a S2000, 911 and a GTR tagged along. It was a good run today wish I could have stayed longer. Gotta get another run in before it snows....anyone up for next weekend

Hey, saw you guys today. I was on the Cliffs of Insanity Run and a few of us crossed paths (couple NSXs and an Exige). Anyway, I figured I'd stop in and say hi.

We split up somehow in middle of run but it was fun on those mountains

th_006.jpg

th_003.jpg

th_012.jpg

th_019.jpg

th_018.jpg

watching my videos now..... they came out pretty good!

now for my first time editing.. this should be fun :)

This was the "No Front Plate" bunch driving up PIP from State Line Lookout.

DSC02207.jpg

And waiting atop Perkins Memorial Drive for the large group to arrive.

DSC02208.jpg

DSC02209.jpg

DSC02210.jpg

Finally, a fuel stop after we lost half the group and on to Storm King for some thrills.

DSC02211.jpg

DSC02212.jpg

That was a long day, but of course a fun one. It was 260 miles round trip today so I was ready for a nap when I got home. The leaves were impressive as was the food. I am not sure how a group of 25 got down to 4 by lunch time but the lamb tasted good either way. One more GTG before it gets snowy would be nice, thanks for the pics.

Sorry we had to leave early, family emergency.

Heard you guys had fun from what my 350z / s2000 buddies said.

The scenery was very nice on palisades

Great shots guys, and am looking forward to the video. Great drive and weather. Great bunch of people too.

Somehow we lost half the group right in the middle of the run and never found them. About 8 of us waited at Silvermine but nobody, except for Arista5 showed up, who did hear me mention that we should end up there at the end of the drive but before lunch. We did miss Simon and Andrea by a couple minutes. No cell reception there but I did get 2 voice mails from Simon but couldn't respond from Silvermine.

We did however meet up and go to the restaurant at 1:00 PM, unfortunately not many others came along. It is a great place to eat, I recommend it again for the next run.

Simon, thanks for calling for the Run, I had a grreat time as it has been too long. My next opportunity will be Saturday November 6, any takers?

Tytus

I only took a few pics (my camerawoman/wife decided to sleep in that morning), but here they are:

The Throgs Neck Bridge meetup. Arista5, AcuraNSXPilot, Honcho and a 911 C4S that joined the party. We were waiting for Simon.

NSX Bear Mountain 001_.jpg

The rest of the group at the top of Bear Mountain. The run up the mountain was the most fun I have had in my NSX. :D

NSX Bear Mountain 003_.jpg

Long Beach Blue Pearl. Nice.

NSX Bear Mountain 004_.jpg

Simon's NSX looking at the fall colors.

NSX Bear Mountain 007_.jpg

Fall colors.

NSX Bear Mountain 008_.jpg

NSX Bear Mountain 009_.jpg

NSX Bear Mountain 010_.jpg

NSX Bear Mountain 011_.jpg

The GTR and S2000 needed gas, so we stopped. Tytus, Aaron and Honcho under the Mobil sign.

NSX%20Bear%20Mountain%20014_.jpg

The only shot I managed to take while driving.

NSX%20Bear%20Mountain%20016_.jpg

Tytus, Chris and Honcho at Silvermine.

NSX Bear Mountain 018_.jpg

Rich's NA2 at Silvermine.

NSX Bear Mountain 019_.jpg

Honcho's NSX under the fall colors. :D

NSX Bear Mountain 025.jpg

Drive up there, all the driving and back.... Mostly Spirited... 21+MPG :biggrin: I love this car

Paul,

Nice shots, thanks for posting and especially for taking the time to block out our license plates; very considerate of you.

Good luck in Colorado, sorry to see you leave, stay in touch on the board though.

Tytus

Had a great time, lets do this again soon,

Arista....dont you get tired of driving fast? lol damn i got so tired of vtakking all the way back down....but great run...:biggrin:

Had a great time, lets do this again soon,

Arista....dont you get tired of driving fast? lol damn i got so tired of vtecing all the way back down....but great run...:biggrin:

LOL, I wasnt going fast :wink:. I saw you guys jump off for the whitestone, i went to the throggsneck . My favorite part was the lil red civic wanting to jump in.... i was thinking oh great....

yea i really didnt want that guy to smack into me.....:eek:
gotta do this again sometime, esp me with new tires!~ :redface:

Thanks for the kind words. Don't worry, you guys will see me on Prime as usual. Next stop, High Plains Raceway! :D

Arista5- My MPG for the run was 11. :cool: My tires and brakes were literally smoking by the end.

Paul,

Nice shots, thanks for posting and especially for taking the time to block out our license plates; very considerate of you.

Good luck in Colorado, sorry to see you leave, stay in touch on the board though.

Tytus

Back