• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bear Mountain Run 10/24 (Fall Foilage...if we didn't miss it already)

See the map and instructions Simon graciously posted above. Just meet there as you will enjoy the drive across the BM Bridge and down 202 to the meet spot at that early hour, there shouldn't be much traffic.

If you can't find that location then just drive around Bear Mountain roads and you should run into everyone eventually...:wink:

So for you NJ folks, again, just cross the Bear Mountain Bridge and head right at the end of the bridge, when you come to the circle you are there, it is a fun road, worth traveling over and over again!

If you can't afford the $1 toll, find another car club and sell your car...:tongue: If you can't find the bridge you shouldn't be driving...:biggrin:

Tytus

Forecast changed to rain for Sun. Are we still planning to meet or postponing to the rain date?

The forecast changes a lot...lets wait until we are closer to Sunday...say Friday or Saturday.

Rain is not until mid afternoon, we should be done by 2 correct?

I'm in... keep us updated if this will definitely happen with the weather.

Last edited:
Im from hudson county. Anybody want to meet up on the way to the meet up spot???

If the weather holds out I would be up for meeting off a 287 exit north of 80. I think a few guys are coming from south of there so we could meet up and caravan the hour up to Bear Mountain.

If the weather holds out I would be up for meeting off a 287 exit north of 80. I think a few guys are coming from south of there so we could meet up and caravan the hour up to Bear Mountain.

Aaron,

Sounds good to me. About 1/2 mile north of the interchange there's area to pull off to the right. Probably 8:15 is a good time to meet up & easily be at Bear Mtn by 9:30. Agreed?

Frank

Im from hudson county. Anybody want to meet up on the way to the meet up spot???

What part of Hudson? If you plan on taking River Rd up then we can meet in the Starbucks parking lot, from there it's a short ride to the Pal Pkwy. My friend ssangkal is supposed to meet up beforehand also.

What part of Hudson? If you plan on taking River Rd up then we can meet in the Starbucks parking lot, from there it's a short ride to the Pal Pkwy. My friend ssangkal is supposed to meet up beforehand also.

Steve ......... I can meet you guys at the State Line Lookout which is just past Exit 2 on the PIP. There may be a Yellow Gallardo with me if that's OK? What time? We need to be across the BM Bridge and down 202 to the Mobil station at the circle by 9:20. :cool:
Regards
Rich

Lookin' nice! There are around a dozen cars.
Tytus ........ you better take the lead on Storm King Hyway with all the training you had this summer. :biggrin:

Sunday weather is good. :biggrin:

No problem Rich, I should be able to make it. Weather looks promissing as well. This is looking like it is going to be quite a large crowd, great! There must be pent up demand. I suggest we meet as early as possible at the circle and get the meet and greet over quickly and leave by 9:30 AM as such a large group can attract unwanted attention at BM. I'll be there by 9:15.

See y'all then,

Tytus

Just so i know, Is this the type of "run" that will require the radar detector?

I am in no way suggesting anything, I am just trying to prepare for how the NSX ones are run since its a first with you guys.

Met another local owner at the gas station today during my test run with the car getting ready for Sunday. His name is David and he has a 04 Rio Yellow. He said he might join us on Sunday. Everyone at the gas station dropped their jaws while our two cars were there- how random!

Steve ......... I can meet you guys at the State Line Lookout which is just past Exit 2 on the PIP. There may be a Yellow Gallardo with me if that's OK? What time? We need to be across the BM Bridge and down 202 to the Mobil station at the circle by 9:20. :cool:
Regards
Rich

Sounds good. So what time do you want to meet? I'll be with ssangkal and nsxrguy.

I will be Running My Go-Pro HD as an Exhaust cam for this trip. I usually have it in the front window but I think it will be cool to see the cars from the front

similar to this..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/NNx2o8OnngE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/NNx2o8OnngE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That was the Turkey Run 2009, I wasnt in my car for this run I was driving the Silver Bentley Azure conv. (if anyone looks at the 09 turkey run launch video). This year I will be in the NSX for the 2010 Turkey Run :)

Last edited:
WOW...big turn out...look forward to Sunday. Please PM me ur cell and name if you are meeting me by the Throgs Neck at 8:15am...BX side.

Simon

See you in the mornimg unless something happens. The nsx is a bit dirty though so i dont know how that will go. Haha

Back