Bear Mountain area run this weekend?

Oh, BTW, I did make it out to BM on Sunday early AM, very easy with the time change. The place was awsome as there was hardly anyone on the road, nobody got in front of me the whole morning until 10:00 AM. Memorial drive is closed for the season, but the rest of the place is open and uncluttered. There were some leaves on the road but not an issue. There was also no black ice even at 8:00 AM as it was above freezing. The colors are just about peak with a little green in spots, but otherwise you have the sun shinning through these yellow leaves which create this sureal illumination of the road. Great improptu drive on my part. Y'all should get out there before the season is completely over.

Regards,

Tytus

Tytus, thanks for your help and the compliments. Yes, the car did turn out very impressive. Just need to get some FI, and complete the interior. No problem with posting the pics. Thanks, Frank

Well here are some photos of Franks beautiful ride. enjoy...:biggrin:

Attachments

• NSX-R Frank's 003.jpg
    NSX-R Frank's 003.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 676
  • NSX-R Frank's 006.jpg
    NSX-R Frank's 006.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 18,321
  • NSX-R Frank's 008.jpg
    NSX-R Frank's 008.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 470
  • NSX-R Frank's 011.jpg
    NSX-R Frank's 011.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 552
  • NSX-R Frank's 013.jpg
    NSX-R Frank's 013.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 613
  • NSX-R Frank's 023.jpg
    NSX-R Frank's 023.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 528
  • NSX-R Frank's 029.jpg
    NSX-R Frank's 029.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 459
  • NSX-R Frank's 036.jpg
    NSX-R Frank's 036.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 685
  • NSX-R Frank's 021e.jpg
    NSX-R Frank's 021e.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 585
  • NSX-R Frank's 017e.jpg
    NSX-R Frank's 017e.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:
Wow, that black car in the above pic looks hot. Side by side it looks so glossy and wet looking. What are you waxing it with?

Last edited:
hey...is there a bear mtn run this weekend??
cause i cannot make it.:rolleyes:
ttmd.

niiiice nsx frank!

Wow, that black car in the above pic looks hot. Side by side it looks so glossy and wet looking. What are you waxing it with?

Thanks for the compliment. I detail with Ice by turtle wax. There is a layer of Eagle1 Nano wax that was applied in early spring after some polishing compound and then multiple applications of Ice detail spray since then. I found the Ice gives the best shine to a black car. I haven't tried Ice wax, which by the way is a synthetic polymer not a wax as I think it is the same stuff as the detailer and it only costs more. Goes on and off really easy, no residue. Check out the detailing section of this forum for more info.

Tytus

hey...is there a bear mtn run this weekend??
cause i cannot make it.:rolleyes:
ttmd.

niiiice nsx frank!

John,

There should be a run every weekend. I'm done planning and haven't posted anything for this weekend. I have gone the last two times alone, no regrets, as there wasn't any interest. Anyone who wants to go should post up and then see if others can make it. I maybe able to go on Sunday but not sure yet. Others should post and go if you get any interest or do a solo run, its great! We should keep a thread loki this open so people can just check or indicate interest and see what happens...

Tytus

Tytus,

I personally commend you for taking the time and effort to organize the runs (or general get togethers). I’m sorry that I have not been able to participate in the past few events but very much appreciate your efforts. Please don’t give up! :biggrin:

Bruce

I'm putting this out there just in case anyone is interested or available.

I am planning to go do a BM run this afternoon. I will check to see if there are any posts around noon and will probably leave to go there around 1:30 or 2:00 pm. The roads look dry this morning and should be great by this afternoon. This might really be it as there is snow predicted in the next week and with the low temps black ice could be a possibility by next weekend.

Post up if anyone's up for it. I would meet at Mighty Joe Young's as previously identified in this thread.

Tytus

Back