Bear Mountain area run this weekend?

The rain woke me up. I can't beleive it! :eek::mad::frown: Even this AM they are predicting cloudy weather on Accuweather. :rolleyes: Well this takes the edge off a fun drive through the twisties. I would prefer to pass. See what others have to say. I don't think we have done a BMtn run in the rain. I doesn't look like it will stop for several hours at least.:redface:

Roger, Bailey, what is the protocol? :confused:

Tytus

The rain woke me up. I can't beleive it! :eek::mad::frown: Even this AM they are predicting cloudy weather on Accuweather. :rolleyes: Well this takes the edge off a fun drive through the twisties. I would prefer to pass. See what others have to say. I don't think we have done a BMtn run in the rain. I doesn't look like it will stop for several hours at least.:redface:

Roger, Bailey, what is the protocol? :confused:

Tytus
Knowing Bailey, he's sleeping, it's no fun in the rain, not raining by me but the roads are still wet, you set it up, so technically it's your call. I'm ready to roll.
R:eek:

Update, it's raining, no go!!!!

Last edited:
Started to pour again...i am out. Bailey and Mike are out also.

Last edited:
Let's pass. We don't need an accident as the roads are real slick. I will go to Mighty Joe's just in case someone shows up till 8:15 AM. I may be able to go next weekend to the car show. Lets hope for good weather then.

Tytus

See you guys at Americana next week, its also my b-day on the 12th so a new set of wheels would be nice from all you guys.................lol

I went to the meeting spot and low and behold I see a wet silver '97 NSX! It's Tony, he came all the way from PA and he never even posted that he is coming. He said he felt like coming out for a drive anyway so he thought what the hell and figured probably nobody would be there. Well he was kinda right. We chit chatted for a while then he went off to visit family in the area.

Great to see someone really enjoying their car, rain or shine.

Kudos Tony! :biggrin:

Tytus

I went to the meeting spot and low and behold I see a wet silver '97 NSX! It's Tony, he came all the way from PA and he never even posted that he is coming. He said he felt like coming out for a drive anyway so he thought what the hell and figured probably nobody would be there. Well he was kinda right. We chit chatted for a while then he went off to visit family in the area.

Great to see someone really enjoying their car, rain or shine.

Kudos Tony! :biggrin:

Tytus

Tytus, you are some nice guy to drive down there and wait to see if anyone came. Thumbs up!

Now do tell, what car were YOU in when you met Tony?:biggrin:

Last edited:
Wow ... Hope you did not make the trip for nothing Tony..should of called someone I would have come out to meet you for breakfast.

I passed on breakfast when Tytus asked.... I had a nice 300mi drive, only 100mi in the rain (amazing, no paint washed off:smile:)

Drove thru Bear Mountain, then to my Great Aunt (she wasn't home). On the way home I stopped at my favorite Creamery in Morristown where I had soup, pizza and to top it off.. what else but icecream!

Some views of the area on a partially rainy and cloudy morning....
387226290_gyvWz-L.jpg

387245205_EYmYL-L-1.jpg

387226119_9L8Gi-L.jpg

387229635_ihGof-L.jpg

387234634_FKQmh-L.jpg

387236145_2JnpA-L-1.jpg

387239368_4Cp5n-L.jpg

387294906_8WnP7-L.jpg

387248151_MW6d4-L.jpg

387254246_eytGa-L.jpg

387262233_zp9uV-L-1.jpg

387279954_r4rHK-L.jpg

387271880_NxJUp-L.jpg

387274219_nuUZy-L.jpg

387279038_n6oio-L.jpg

Back home and all cleaned up....
387305029_Ve5mv-L-0.jpg

Last edited:
Wow ... Hope you did not make the trip for nothing Tony..should of called someone I would have come out to meet you for breakfast.

+1, even without Bags, I'd have bought you breakfast!

Tytus, you are some nice guy to drive down there and wait to see if anyone came. Thumbs up!

Now do tell, what car were YOU in when you met Tony?:biggrin:

Hey Joe, don't give him that much credit, he can through a waffle from his house and hit that place!!! Bet he wasn't in his NSX!!!

I went to the Festa de Ferrari in Stamford and Bruce had his 91 NSX sitting next to a Corvette!!!!! It was on display with all the Ferraris and I did hear some people asking why it was there. I didn't answer them!!!:eek:

Only if I knew you would buy me breakfast. That would have been a worthwhile reason to eat this morning! But, you conveniently provided me with no contact information.

Check your PM

Hey Tony! seems like you made the best of it. On my way back home in the (pooring)rain I drove all the way to the hamptons and back. Hadn't driven since Mt fuji run and I just love to drive my car any chance I can get. No twist and turns just the L.I.E and back.

Thanks...

I plan on a Bear Mountain run during the 1st Nor'easter. Can I count on a home cooked dinner and perhaps a room for the night?:biggrin:
With Bags, yes, without the basement for you!!!!
BTW, ask Alan or Bob, the basement is rocking!!!

Tony,

I again take off my hat to you. You are the quentessential enthusiast; you managed to take a washed out day and make a happening out of it, alone, and made me wish I joined you. The scenes of the Bear Mountain area are beautiful, you even made our beloved neuclear power plant look romantic.

I didn't even bring my NSX to meet you, Joe you were right I drove the Suburban. If we have another potential rain out and you are coming, we should let you lead the tour and teach us how to smell the roses. I was so focused on a performance drive I lost site of the main reason to roll, which is just to roll and enjoy the NSX and our area at a less spirited pace.

Next time its rain or shine; bring on a Nor'easter! :wink:

Chow,

Tytus

Thanks Tytus,

Although the performance drive is fun, I usually lag behind since I am not always as comfortable through curves as many others - but that is me. Again a scenic run is scenic with little time to really soak in the scenic beauty.

Usually what I see or capture during a scenic drive is this:
217381920_4ogsP-L-2.jpg

Occasionally I get something nice:smile::
217390989_gs2na-L-1.jpg

I think I will miss out on most Fall foliage this year as a am leaving tomorrow morning and headed out to roam around Utah to soak in and photograph the scenic areas of Arches National Park, Canyonlands, Deadhorse Point and the Moab area.

Not to brag, but to celebrate my b'day in November, I will be doing the same on four of the Hawaiian Islands - And Yes Roger it is a gift from my wife!!!!:biggrin:

Thanks Tytus,

Although the performance drive is fun, I usually lag behind since I am not always as comfortable through curves as many others - but that is me. Again a scenic run is scenic with little time to really soak in the scenic beauty.

Usually what I see or capture during a scenic drive is this:
217381920_4ogsP-L-2.jpg

Occasionally I get something nice:smile::
217390989_gs2na-L-1.jpg

I think I will miss out on most Fall foliage this year as a am leaving tomorrow morning and headed out to roam around Utah to soak in and photograph the scenic areas of Arches National Park, Canyonlands, Deadhorse Point and the Moab area.

Not to brag, but to celebrate my b'day in November, I will be doing the same on four of the Hawaiian Islands - And Yes Roger it is a gift from my wife!!!!:biggrin:
Is she at least going with you to Hawaii? I certainly hope so. Safe travels my friend!

OK, I will try this one more time. How about this Sunday, before going to the Americana Manhasset Concourse? We can meet up at 8:00 AM as previously planned at Mighty Joe Young's, do the Bear Mountain run and continue on to Manhasset, LI for the show and have lunch there.

The Manhasset show goes from 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM, according to the lady I talked to, although it says judging starts at 9:30 AM. So unless you are entered in the show, how does doing both venues sound? This is my plan for the day so post up if you are interested. Someone is going to have to pick a place in Manhasset for lunch. This show is free and in the shopping center so one would think there is food there, maybe someone local can check it out. The address is 2110 Norhtern Blvd., Manhasset, NY 11030.

Tytus

I live 15 miles from their and will meet you guys at Americana manhasset. Their is a benihanas retaurant directly across the street that has great brunch.

OK, I will try this one more time. How about this Sunday, before going to the Americana Manhasset Concourse? We can meet up at 8:00 AM as previously planned at Mighty Joe Young's, do the Bear Mountain run and continue on to Manhasset, LI for the show and have lunch there.

The Manhasset show goes from 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM, according to the lady I talked to, although it says judging starts at 9:30 AM. So unless you are entered in the show, how does doing both venues sound? This is my plan for the day so post up if you are interested. Someone is going to have to pick a place in Manhasset for lunch. This show is free and in the shopping center so one would think there is food there, maybe someone local can check it out. The address is 2110 Norhtern Blvd., Manhasset, NY 11030.

Tytus

I recommend getting there early as the lot fills up quickly

Damn Tony, those are some of the nicest pictures I've ever seen you post, did Bob take them?:tongue:

Back