• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Re: DIY Turbo kit !

Tuning set up for next Tuesday. I have decided to keep the boost at around 5.5lbs for now which matches the springs in the waste gate and the BOV.

I will run the Meth. as another layer of protection to avoid detonation etc. rather than pushing the boost higher because of having it.

I updated my web page to add a few pics and will probably put together a how to slide show at some point.

Rich

I only bought the turbo from this kit, but i must say it runs great!!! just tuned it and at 6 psi it put out 412hp and 320lbs torque. at 7 psi it made 458hp and 356lbs of torque. angus answered all my questions and im really really happy with the turbo

I only bought the turbo from this kit, but i must say it runs great!!! just tuned it and at 6 psi it put out 412hp and 320lbs torque. at 7 psi it made 458hp and 356lbs of torque. angus answered all my questions and im really really happy with the turbo

Those #s are right in line with what my car put down last week , your 412 @ 6 psi to my 422 @ 6.5 psi! I have found this kit to be very consistent in power delivery.

This kit sounds GREAT!
Angus- Doctai has your kit down here in San Antonio and will give me a ride in his so I can see how your kit feels. It worked out great. Might be ordering from you before you know it.

Thanks
Blaine

angus do you know if the comptech sway bars will fit with the kit?

Picked up my charge pipes from the polisher this morning. WOW :biggrin:. I hope this kit functions as good as it looks. Didn't skimp on anything. Can't wait to get the car up and running. Frank

Bryan, and Chris hopefully you guys get a chance to stop by my house to see the kit, we are installing the charge pipes this weekend, and hooking up the H20/ air intercooler as well. Hope to see you guys. Frank

Tuning update

I had the nsx in for tune last week and had to reschedule for this week because I REPLACED AN OIL LINE THAT WIL SUPPLIED WITH A SS LINE TOO SMALL- the end result was a lot of oil in my exhaust and charge pipe- does not seem to have damaged anything- replaced the SS line with another correctly sized line and fitting.

It took two days for all of the oil to burn out of the exhaust-

At the dyno we had decided to up the meth and boost to 9.5 lbs- but my tuner was freaked at the smoke so we cut the high boost run short at 6000 rpm

even so I was at just under 420 HP and 360 ft/lbs and climbing steeply when we shut it down at 6k.

Looks like I will be intercooling at some point but the meth really chills that charge pipe - A/R's looked good and stayed around 11.5 from 4k through 6

I am installing a pressure switch on the meth tank and will use this to switch the FIC to an alternative program if the meth ever runs out or fails- given the size of the ss tank and my plan to top it off evey time I fill with gas - I doubt I will ever run out but it will help if under boost and the meth pump fails.

Rich

9.5 psi, you will be making almost 500whp, you need to get a new clutch pretty soon. I would turn down the boost and keep power under 420whp with stock motor

YES , the magic # seems to be 400whp , as long as you realize that the risk factor increases with boost then carry on . One important thing , Rich is running a large methanol injector , as long as you do not detonate or ping the motor , it is capable of quite a bit more than 400whp.

Last edited:

Need a 10 plus the fitting to the turbo. I tapped out the one for the hose then stepped it up to an 8-, now I have it right

it was backing up-

Wil noticed this from my pictures and called me to tell me to "Up size" - should have waited but I was in a rush to get on the dyno.

Lucky no lasting effect.

Rich, what size should the correct SS line be, so I can tell Wil? I don't want to have the same issue. Thanks, Frank

Frank , I think you misunderstand what Rich did , he replaced one of MY lines with a smaller one of his own.

Trust me , I know what size to use!!! You will only have this problem if you decide to replace parts in the kit with incorrect parts.

Frank , I think you misunderstand what Rich did , he replaced one of MY lines with a smaller one of his own.

Trust me , I know what size to use!!! You will only have this problem if you decide to replace parts in the kit with incorrect parts.

Sorry for the confusion- Wil's kit was spot on- I decided to fool around with stainless steel hoses instead of using the included hoses and fittings (too much time on my hands!!)without talking to Wil first- it was completely user error, he noticed my mistake and told me what to do to fix it-

For those who wish to run the AEM EMS , I will be offering a great deal on them , as I have a couple available right now . If you substitute the EMS for the FIC , it will only add a little to the price of the complete kit!

Last edited:

I got to drive Doc-tai's car today and it was nothing less than amazing. Cant wait to get mine!!!

Blaine

I got to drive Doc-tai's car today and it was nothing less than amazing. Cant wait to get mine!!!

Blaine

I bet it was fun! , I will be ready when you are.

Looks like everyone is doing well with this kit. Over 400whp at just 6 to 7 psi sounds great:biggrin:.
Frank I can't wait to see pictures of your car.
Great job Angus.

Rahim

No one came to take pictures last weekend. Once my car is complete I will have someone local do it and post some pics. Frank

hey frank sorry we didn't give u a call as we got to the meet, we when for a 3 hour drive in the back roads. by the time we where finish with the drive, it was getting late. Our total commute home was 5 hours by the time we finished our back road driving.

bryan

Back