anyone know this car on craigslist? JH4NA1158NT001209

I can't believe i didn't see this one before...

but yes. it is for sale on prime now.

aside from the fishy stories, is there anything else to the car?

I was kinda excited to see it, but I think you guys may have made my mind up for me...

I had him fax a copy of the title to me so I'm looking at it right now.

it's interesting.

acquired 4/14/2010
title issued 05/13/2010

doesn't have an odo reading and stuff.

any chance you feeling like scanning and posting the title?
i'm interested to see what it looks like

well good luck with everything, and keep us posted on how things go

I had ppi done on this one. Feel free to pm me, if questions.
BAG

Last edited:
...I guess when I get someone to see it, it'll be all good

He lives 15 minutes from me and I have seen the car in person. He just had it detailed and the entire process can be seen here

http://tennspeed.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21185

The car looked ok when we met for lunch a week or so ago. He mentioned a few things that were wrong with it, but overall seemed happy with it and its condition. I got the impression he liked to flip cars and make a few bucks if he can.

I will direct him to this thread and see if he can shed some more light on the car.

Good luck!

Yup i got this car. I traded my 2 owner 94 tt supra for it ( auto ). I did not do it to make money though. I did it because i thought it would be easier to sale than the supra.

But when i first got it i really decided i loved it. Car is in great shape really..... you can say whatever you want about the last kid who owned it (not a friend of mine) but i totally inspected the car and he had a third party sheet from the fellow who owns the shop that posted in the beginning of this thread. He said he was a huge name in the NSX world and the paper has 9.0 or greater on everything. And had less than normal wear for a 18 year old car and that many miles.

Im not trying to make money on the car just get out of it what i got in it. BECAUSE i want to get a 1998 or newer now. I am defiantly not closed off to owning as many different types of cars as possible because of situations like that. I never wanted a nsx until i owned this one. So that why it is up for sale. If you ask around i also tried to trade is up plus cash for a few newer ones, but that was a lost cause. BUt please someone come see the car especially now with it being Trushined ( detailer).

But the last owner did not have it long enough to mess it up, and i have done nothing but make it better. :)

ANd the FEW problems that i had with the car was the ABS pump and the front bumper.......... I was just wanting to make the car closer to perfect because i am very anal. BUt i thought i would just sale it and buy a newer one.

Last edited:
the detail job looks pretty good
Like I said, the car looks nice. We only had an hour or so for lunch, so car inspecting was low on the priority list. If the front bumper was replaced, the car would look great for an 18 yr old car.

People are being a little harsh towards this car for reasons I am unaware of. I think its a nice looking car that would make any new owner very happy!!

My $0.02

I'd think this car would be worth looking at - it's going to cost you some bucks to really get it right - so figure that into the equation and it may take 5k. Thing you gotta know is that with 100k on it there will be some rough spots and they're visible - you will want that taken care of. Wheels are no big deal - big deal is painting the front lower lip and bumber - not such a big deal but will cost you to have it done right - and that's the stuff you can see - like the drivers seat - needs uphostering.

The guy that owns it is figuring out what many of us already know - lower mile cars are nicer on the inside and under the skin! Plain and simple. This car may have ABS issues - no big deal - most likely needs some flushing and some activating of the solenoids. The AC is the thing I'd be really looking over, that and all the maintenance like hoses and fluids, but the clutch was replaced - that's nice. I'd say this car would be a decent buy if you got it for a lower price than he's asking. Guess it's out of the snap ring range? Probably. Had the TB/wp done at 80k - that's good and has some exhaust work too. I'd think if it would be a better deal at around 24 to 25k. Then when you put the money in it that is needed you'd have a good car that is valued around what you'll end up with in the car.

Remember, even when you have the cosmetic issues dealt with and fix the ABS and most likely some AC work - you'll drop an easy 4 or 5k in this car. So will it be worth 30k when it's done with 100k on the odo? Maybe so. That's the way I'd have to look at it - white is a cool color too. Just make sure you really know what your getting into before you pull the trigger - a good ppi will surely turn up some stuff! FInd out. Good luck!

negative. I'm looking at it right now.

everything is filled out except sales or use tax and odometer.

prev state - TN GA

He seems like a pretty nice/legit guy.

I guess when I get someone to see it, it'll be all good

I live in Tennessee, and don't believe that any of the titles to my 7 cars have the sales tax or odometer (mileage) listed, so this is normal.

I'd think this car would be worth looking at - it's going to cost you some bucks to really get it right - so figure that into the equation and it may take 5k. Thing you gotta know is that with 100k on it there will be some rough spots and they're visible - you will want that taken care of. Wheels are no big deal - big deal is painting the front lower lip and bumber - not such a big deal but will cost you to have it done right - and that's the stuff you can see - like the drivers seat - needs uphostering.

The guy that owns it is figuring out what many of us already know - lower mile cars are nicer on the inside and under the skin! Plain and simple. This car may have ABS issues - no big deal - most likely needs some flushing and some activating of the solenoids. The AC is the thing I'd be really looking over, that and all the maintenance like hoses and fluids, but the clutch was replaced - that's nice. I'd say this car would be a decent buy if you got it for a lower price than he's asking. Guess it's out of the snap ring range? Probably. Had the TB/wp done at 80k - that's good and has some exhaust work too. I'd think if it would be a better deal at around 24 to 25k. Then when you put the money in it that is needed you'd have a good car that is valued around what you'll end up with in the car.

Remember, even when you have the cosmetic issues dealt with and fix the ABS and most likely some AC work - you'll drop an easy 4 or 5k in this car. So will it be worth 30k when it's done with 100k on the odo? Maybe so. That's the way I'd have to look at it - white is a cool color too. Just make sure you really know what your getting into before you pull the trigger - a good ppi will surely turn up some stuff! FInd out. Good luck!

great input Tim, echoes my thoughts, even after i found this thread a few weeks ago i had considered this nsx, but i really want to find something near pristine condition

I live in Tennessee, and don't believe that any of the titles to my 7 cars have the sales tax or odometer (mileage) listed, so this is normal.

that's interesting, in Georgia they always have the odometer listed, but there's no item regarding sales tax on a title
i wonder why that is

that's interesting, in Georgia they always have the odometer listed, but there's no item regarding sales tax on a title
i wonder why that is[/QUOTE]

That's because a used car sold by an individual is not subject to sales tax in GA. We pay heavy advalorum taxes. Only dealers have to charge sales tax - cause they never really register the car in their name and thus avoid paying any advalorum taxes - I guess.

that makes sense tim

now anyone have input on the non-listed odometer reading?

Like I previously said in post #66 above, I have 7 cars and none of my Tennessee titles have the odometer reading (mileage) listed on them, so this is absolutely normal for Tennessee titles and no cause for concern.

Like I previously said in post #66 above, I have 7 cars and none of my Tennessee titles have the odometer reading (mileage) listed on them, so this is absolutely normal for Tennessee titles and no cause for concern.

I understand that, but I'm wondering why they don't list the mileage.

Most states don't have mileage listed on titles if they are 10yrs or older. Are your cars over 10yrs old?

Last edited:
my cars are 10+ years old and i've even had a '91 integra at one time, all Georgia titles list mileage

and to update this thread, the car in question was sold,
but unfortunately not to LoveNSXs

Back