anyone had their car messed with?

Sounds like you were in a public place if you were at dinner.
Last thing these guys want is attention, I would have started to raise holy hell as loud as you can from, a safe enough distance of course.

The panic button was prob the best idea so far, anything to draw attention to the thief. Chances are if he knew what he was doing it was disabled, but if he knew what he was doing the Cad would have been gone.

I'd have a hard time getting on the phone and watching it go down, albeit the safest choice.

-j-

Aero said:
The only thing thats happened to me was someone bent my license plate up on my Celica GTS cause I refused to put a front plate on my car. They even left me a note saying why they did it. :mad: (which i buffed out)
Why would someone care if you had a front plate on your car or not?

Aero said:
The only thing thats happened to me was someone bent my license plate up on my Celica GTS cause I refused to put a front plate on my car. They even left me a note saying why they did it. Later on they keyed the car :mad: (which i buffed out)

How did they bend the front plate if it was not on the car?

I don't run front plates on my cars either. I think the state should offer decals that can be applied in place of the plate. There would also be a lot less plate theft if the plates were decals.

They bent the rear plate up since I only had the top bolts in. The stupid thing was I was I had just moved to Kansas (front plate not reqd) from Missouri (front plate reqd) and I still had car registered in MO, so apparently they knew MO reqd front plate and were the biggest @$$e$ on the planet. I couldn't believe it either. Least they left a note saying why they did it so I knew. :rolleyes:

Also Wichita seemed to hate anyone who drives a foreign car. When I was selling my Celica people would call me just to fuss at me for having a 'Jap' car.

steveny said:
How did they bend the front plate if it was not on the car?

I don't run front plates on my cars either. I think the state should offer decals that can be applied in place of the plate. There would also be a lot less plate theft if the plates were decals.

That sounds like a great idea... how come no one has thought of this?!! it would save the state a ton of money... and prisoners can be put to other use like... making carbon fiber Type R hoods for cheap.

TURBO2GO said:
That sounds like a great idea... how come no one has thought of this?!! it would save the state a ton of money... and prisoners can be put to other use like... making carbon fiber Type R hoods for cheap.

I looked into doing this and it is illegal. I tried to get a shop to make one for me so I would have the front plate numbers on the car stuck to the bumper AND aerodynamic. NO go, no one would make it for me as it is a felony to make such an item. The chance someone would use the plate to go over another plate, then commit a crime, and then take the sticker off later. Why couldn't the plate be made from a sticker that would fall apart if someone tried to remove the sticker. The sticker could be put on the car when it was new and travel with the car for life. Kind of like plates do in some states.

Had my Civic SI stolen in front of my house. It had an alarm, Club and my Dog in the garage. Cops found it the next day, everything gone....tranny, seats, windows, engine, wheels, ..etc.

Pros likely and now I never ever leave my NSX or any expenesive car outside at night.

Aero said:
Wow, you've had a lot of bad luck. You need someone to just give you a Saleen S7 to offset the bad things.

I can't stand people who'd mess with someones car. The only thing thats happened to me was someone bent my license plate up on my Celica GTS cause I refused to put a front plate on my car. They even left me a note saying why they did it. Later on they keyed the car :mad: (which i buffed out)

Did someone say S7 ?!?! :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin:
saleens7.jpg
:biggrin:

aaaah.... one can dream* (& drool) ~*~ ;)

While I do admit to having some bad luck with the cars.... I've received *blessings* too~

When my '92 was stolen, I was in denial but when I had to face reality.. (I was doing youth ministry & all my stuff was in there). I just hoped something + would come of it... Ended up receiving full purchase price ++ for stereo sys (i'm a fantatic, which I wonder drew my bad experiences?)

Knowing I couldn't betray my loyalty & love for the NSX, found a pristine '95T!!-original owner, 1100 miles.!! He had to sell due to circumstances, but clearly loved her. My family & I even ended up befriending him. He's happy she found a loving home :biggrin:

*Best Part... I rec'd a phone call from my ins. agt., telling me the car was found! (I figured it got cargo'd Overseas via Port of Miami). The fool was driving, lost control, ultimately slamming into Miami's 'finest.' The cop ran the Vin, & :biggrin: ~~ So, needless to provide proof to theory, what comes 'round does seem to go 'round...

While a pain-wretching experience, I ended up with a beautiful '95T* And couldn't be Happier... (Well, unless I had an S7 to keep her company) :tongue:

*And for any of y'all who may wonder of the security I had at that time. I had the factory alarm. Worked well (if you don't live in Miami :wink: ) also was using the 'Club+' or something like that but this was the One* night I had forgotten..but as far if someone wants to really steal it, they will.

Now I have 2-way Clifford ONGUARD GPS/Sat., double siren/horns, and my most favorite deterrent ...
*just make sure you check in upstairs often ;)

edange33.gif

p.s. Aero: that's nutty that happened to you & for someone to leave a note ?!?? geesh.... how 'bout note w/o harming the car :rolleyes:

Back