Anyone ever consider stepping up to a 360?

"I agree with MCM -- to the point"

Am glad someone does, the Mods deleted my post?
It was just my opinion?
Geeezzz.............:smile:

To me, 6 figure cars are not much fun to own or drive on public roads.
I went the other direction and am having a blast!
(I guess my ego does not need the boost)
The thought of getting rear ended, or worse makes driving super high value
cars a lot less fun for me. But to each his own. I admire 100k+ cars, but would never again consider owning one. Too nerve racking driving with all the Starbucks, cell phone, Zombies out there.
Food for thought.........

Not everyone owns them because of ego or to be a Starbucks groupie...some actually like and appreciate sports cars, and are not really concerned about ego. Food for thought.... ;)

Yes, he bought it new.
7800 miles for 40 grand is $5.12 a mile driving cost.
This didn't include gas or insurance. His insurance was $3500.00 a year.
He had no maintenance issues to this point, unseen or scheduled other than oil changes that was money out of pocket.

Did he pay a huge premium over sticker? Some people paid $100k or more over sticker to be one of the first to have the car. 2-year old F430's are still selling for over MSRP so its not as though the car has high depreciation.

360 Modena in black is very nice, IMHO black is the color to go for this car, modest yet mean, also make the big car look a little smaller. The performance seem to back up the hp claim. Maybe this one got a stronger motor.

6spd with Nakaya behind the wheel:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XLFiD5WoZnQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XLFiD5WoZnQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Not everyone owns them because of ego or to be a Starbucks groupie...some actually like and appreciate sports cars, and are not really concerned about ego. Food for thought.... ;)

But ..... I .... like ..... Starbucks.

:frown:

:biggrin:

the 355 sounds better from the outside. There isn't really anything special about the sound of a ferrari (unless its a spider) unless you're sitting behind it :)

360 and F430 sound awefully like a high revving vtec engine from the cockpit of a coupe.

To me, 6 figure cars are not much fun to own or drive on public roads.
I went the other direction and am having a blast!
(I guess my ego does not need the boost)
The thought of getting rear ended, or worse makes driving super high value
cars a lot less fun for me. But to each his own. I admire 100k+ cars, but would never again consider owning one. Too nerve racking driving with all the Starbucks, cell phone, Zombies out there.
Food for thought.........

lol that's why I sold my nsx and bought a EVO, now I use the evo to push the trash can up the driveway on trash day and dont worry about it lol. :)

Last edited:
Any updates on this discussion. I am toying with the Idea of adding a F360 or replacing the NSX with a F360. I keep reading that they Dyno low or that the F1 isn't great unless you get a CS or a F430. Anybody else seriously looked into getting one.

Thanks

Any updates on this discussion. I am toying with the Idea of adding a F360 or replacing the NSX with a F360. I keep reading that they Dyno low or that the F1 isn't great unless you get a CS or a F430. Anybody else seriously looked into getting one.

Thanks

A buddy of mine use to own a 360 spyder and has nothing but great reviews about it. He likes the handling alot better than the NSX by far. He had a 2000 and 2004 NSX. He's upgrading to a Porsche TT or Gallardo!!!

A freind of mine just sold his F430 after owning it for almost 2 years and putting 7800 miles on it.
As he said, he only lost 40 grand over the 2 years.
He thought he did pretty good....I laughed......

I'll stick with the NSX......

An NSX should cost about $1.10 a mile for everything. More if you drive it less and less if you buy used, but still more if you don't drive it.

Just thought I would add my two cents...and thats probably what its worth...lol...any way...I just saw a silver 360 parked at a near by realestate office - now don't get me wrong - the appeal of a Ferrari is amazing...but this car had nothing on my NSX in looks! Now that may sound vain or odd..but in Calgary the cops are like parasites - and there is no way that this cat is going to be able to open that puppy up on our streets! Thus, I feel that my idea of owning a phat NSX and a horse makes more sense...lol...In this city all exotics are garage queens...and our streets are absolutely hellish until late May...so you do the math...lol...The Modena is awesome but it would piss the hell out of me to have to take a different vehicle to the golf course or to the driving range:mad: The NSX is a dream and a wise choice to own...to hell with what the car was...take into account the realization of what the car is!! It still looks phat and when modded properly - goes like Jack the Bear!!

Dam:cool:

I was just reading the new Motor Trend where they test a whole bunch of cars for best handling and one of them is the Porsche 997 GT3. Now they said they would have included the Ferrari F430, but only the F430 Challenge car was better in the numbers then the GT3. So they didn't see the need to include it in their comparo because the price didn't justify it.

If you want handling, and want a true track rat... a GT3 is a great car. But if you want an exotic that is easy to maintain with a great dealer network like the Acura... I have to say Audi R8 :D

exterior.Par.0050.Image.jpg

I would love to have either the Audi R8 or the Porsche GT3 RS!

I think a lot of us on the board can afford a 360, but like and enjoy the NSX. I have dumped a lot of money into my car and could have sold it prior and bought a 360, but I like the NSX. If I liked the 360, I would buy one. Ferrari's are nice cars, but I prefer the looks of the NSX.

BTW, I have driven a 355 and 360, both are very nice cars.

Back