Any black NSX's for sale in TO area?

Another car...

Please beware. On Thursday I said I was getting a 1992 black NSX. it turns out the car was a total loss. The car is owned buy a dealer named GTA motors. the vin # is JT4NA1158NT800035. tHE TOTAL ACCIDENT CLAIM WAS $29332. My advice is to stay away from the car as the structural damage was not properly repaired.

There absolutlely are worthwhile CDN cars, but I bet they pretty much all tend to be the newer ones. Unless you find a nugget from someone who has owned the car since new, could be tough to find an older car that checks out great.

FYI - when I was looking, I looked at 5 or so over the span of a few months. 4 of them were excellent vehicles and one of them may have been good, but there was enough ambuigity, and enough alternatives, to rule it out.

I chose the one that made the most financial sense of the 4, and it just happened to be the best color too! :D

Again, all newer cars with about or less than 10k km on them.

I bet that if you find a really good older car, that its price will be out of line if you consider newer cars also. That would definately make life difficult.

If I were looking for an older car, Id focus almost exclusively upon cars of known and responsible PRIME users.

Buy from the States is the only way to go IMO...Selection alone is worth your time.

You also have a wider buying public if and when you ready to sell, because you have a US spec car.

My 2 cents

95EagleAWD said:
That's why I'm importing mine from the sunshine belt... :smile:

Yeah I would buy from the states again if I had more contact with the seller etc, but I'm curious about the Japanese imports now too since in the spring I can look at 1990 JDM and early 1991's..might be some low mileage ones there that are done well. I have a broker (Skyeservice SPL) looking around for me that's based in Japan, and they cna do all the inspection etc.
However, with exchange and the depreciated value of the NSX in the USA it's prob the best buy.

SPA: Yeah if I wanted to spend 60+ on a car here sure I could find one, but that's not in the cards, still have to buy condo etc so cars take the backseat! Plus only in IT :P

My buddy builds MKIV Supras out of Waterloo he's been trying to talk me into one for awhile..but I just think they are too big, even though it's probably the more practical choice with a hatch and stuff to lug things around..and do MASSIVE burnouts :P j/k

Last edited:
prova4re said:
My car is up for sale now, red black 91 for 65,000 obo, see the for sale section.

why ya selling? You've been around here forever

Hey guys,

That black NSX you are talking about above with the accident claim, I just bought it!

:biggrin:

No worries, I know the history and its not as bad as you're all assuming (plus I got a sweet deal I cannot refuse).

I hope to become a regular here so please don't diss my car. I'm also very excited about this new toy...should be very happy sitting next to my Skyline GTR in the garage.

Cheers!

John

Thanks, always nice to see a car ownership starting in controversy likle mine. Bram, I'd be very curious to see what you know about my car.

I took my mechanic friend with me to look at it, had it up on the hoist and saw the repair. I also saw the paper work for the repair. It came to a total of $7K for the left front fender. We couldn't see any structural deficiencies. I am looking mainly for a weekend toy and unlike a few other well-heeled people here I am on a budget. I traded in my 89 Skyline GTR plus a little cash for it (btw satan_srv, I am a very close friend of Martin Skye from Skyeservice...I was his first client ever with my GTR and I even helped him name his company ;)) and I think I got a fiar deal. I have been in love with these cars since I was in college in the late 80's and first heard of them being produced by honda as a showcase for their (then) F1 know-how. Knowing myself I will likely use this car as a learning tool and stepping stone to better and badder NSX's out there.

Just as a little background. My name is John and I live out in Ottawa. I am a lifelong japanese car enthusiast since my fresh off the showroom floor '88 crx in highschool. My current cars include a pretty rare low milege 2nd gen legend, a 90 GTR, and a Pilot :) I run the Canadian Skyline club, GTRCanada.com.

Cheers
John

Hey Johnny, I don't know this car very well...I believe Ray ran a check on it and found out the insurance claim.

I did check out the yellow 1995 at GTA with another Prime member.
This car have some issues too, I suspect that this what these guys sell.

Welcome .... Bram

PS I had an oppertunity to drive an R34 GTR...my god, what a car..the power, but very HEAVY fell to it.

with the canadian dollar at an all time high, the US is probably your best bet.
when you find the right car give me the vin and I car run a us check on it.
Good luck.
ps. my buyer still hasn't paid in full for my 02 imola orange car. if you want to buy it it is my showroom at Acura on Brant in Burlington.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome guys!

The repair bill for my black one came to $7K for the front left fender. Funny thing is that the owner's insurance was sued by the other person's insurance for damages (I assumed the nsx driver was at fault) and that claim was grouped together with the $7K repair bill for the grand total of $29K. This was all broken down in the car abstract which I have. I have no clue why this is the case but the accident occured in the US so I assumed that's what they do there. Again, we had her up on a hoist and my mechanic was very thorough so I am satisfied. One of the big pluses for me chosing this car was that they were the only place willing to take my GTR as a trade in, which saved me from the headache of having to sell it in the private market in the wintertime :mad:

I change cars quite often so if this one turns out to be a dud I can easily trade this one in for another later. There's a gorgeous red one up here in Ottawa at Import Auto Leasing but they wouldn' take my Skyline. Maybe I can swap my black for the red later?

In any case, I am a true believer in online car clubs, and I really look forward to meeting you all next summer.

Cheers!!!
John

John, it sounds like you're a real car enthusiast and you and your mechanic have done your homework on this car. We're definitely going to have a few get-togethers next year, so looking forward to meeting you then!

Back