Any black NSX's for sale in TO area?

Hi Johnny! Welcome. I would still get the frame checked. $7k of body work damages can still effect a NSXs frame that write the car off (it cannot be straightened, or at least in a financially reasonably way). Im sure your mechanic was conscious of this when he checked for damages near the frame though.

I'm the person that Bram helped to check out the yellow NSX at GTA, and I briefly sat in the black one that JohnnyZ just bought. While I'm not mechanically inclined, the interior felt well taken care of to me. :tongue: Congrats on the purchase! :smile:

Again, I thank everyone for the welcome (and apologize to the author of the thread for jacking it :biggrin: ).

My mechanic and I did some research on prime before checking out the car and he's also an aircraft engineer so he's quite familiar with aluminum frames. We saw the new fender, verified that its a genuine acura part in aluminum, and checked all the visible framework as well as the fender's attachment points and were satisfied that they were done right. I would like to think the previous owner loved the car enough not to trust it to some hack job. We took the car on the QEW as well and brought her up to 130 kph and were reasonable sure the frame was free of any rattles, but then again, the only real way would be on speeds exceeding what they would allow me to do on a test drive. :tongue:

Overall, I am pleased with my purchse. I am currently in Japan visiting my in-laws and won't be back to pick her up until Jan21st. In the meantime I can go to Super AutoBacs here in Tokyo and shop for parts! So far I have seen lots of GTRs but not one NSX after being here for a week.

Back