Another Gallardo owner! (Hi Durim!)

Just took delivery of a Gallardo today. This car is incredible. Gobs of torque and horsepower. Ultra stable. I absolutely love this vehicle!
But I still like my NSX (2001 Spa Yellow). I introduced them today and they seem to get along.
I am tempted to keep them both...but thats like having two girlfriends...

Attachments

• Gallardo2_small.jpg
    Gallardo2_small.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 713
  • Gallardo1_smaller.jpg
    Gallardo1_smaller.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 702
2 girlsfriends? hah I'd expect nothing less than 5 girlfriends at any given time with those 2 cars :p Send one of those cars up this way when u get bored.

the 2 cars together look like some kinda of funky hawaiian drink =)

ummm its green... :confused:

jk :biggrin: color is a personal thing :smile: nice car man...grats

Awesome; congrats on the new ride! I test drove a 6-spd Gallardo over the weekend....what an incredible car! Did you get a 6-spd or e-gear?

-Awais

Having seen a bunch of pics on this site of garages
with very little in them besides cars, it's refreshing
to see a garage with shelves full of stuff. :biggrin:

Nice cars you have there, too.

Tom239 said:
Having seen a bunch of pics on this site of garages
with very little in them besides cars, it's refreshing
to see a garage with shelves full of stuff. :biggrin:

Nice cars you have there, too.

I was looking at that too. Just make sure that ladder doesn't fall over! :eek:

Nice car, what hurts is I could have got you one for about half of what you paid for it..... congrats......

Tebbnsxr said:
Nice car, what hurts is I could have got you one for about half of what you paid for it..... congrats......
HALF? Hook me up. Where can I get a Gallardo for under a $100K?

-Awais

Nothing wrong with having two girlfriends if you've introduced them to each other. However, if you come out to the garage one morning and the Gallardo has flat tires -- the NSX did it. ;) :D

The lime green looks alright! Next the to your yellow NSX, those are aussie colours! I approve of that! :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D Oy, Oy, Oy!

You guys are too funny!

Just got back from a drive! Wow!
Thanks for all the kind comments.

I test drove a six speed and an e-gear, and decided to get e-gear for a change of pace. I really like it...the most amazing thing is the downshifts...the computer blips the throttle for you and rev-matches. If you want to coast into neutral, then go back into gear, the computer selects the gear and rev-matches too. I know some have complained that it takes the "fun" away from driving, but this is simply not true. I am now a believer in F1 style transmissions. Now when Audi pops DSG into Lambos...that will be incredible!

The Gallardo does everything that I want a sports car to do. I think it is the natural "next step" for an NSX owner. It has pretty neutral handling. A bit of understeer. Takes turns tighter than the NSX but I only noticed it over 50mph. (Yeah...you can take 50+mph turns easily in this thing with the four wheel drive and the ability to downshift on the fly!) Its not tail-happy at all (cf: 911), or squirelly or twitchy (360, F355). Did I mention the head-snapping torque! 85% of torque can apparently be achieved by 2000rpm...so my dealer told me.

Little button on the center console raises the front of car 2 inches to clear inclines and speed bumps! Neato! I don't know if I can make the car hop up and down, though...

I will try to post pics of the interior but I think it is really nicely done. A little bit German...A little bit Italian. Spartan, but in a sexy way. Gauges are nicely done! No squeaks, rattles, or anything. Funny thing...it smells exactly like my Audi TT did when it was new. The little bits here and there look like Audi too, but I mean this in a good way. Fit and finish is like an Audi A8.

Verde Ithaca...thats the name of the color. Its a Murcielago color, but there are a handful of Gallardos in this color...custom ordered by the dealer. Its not everyone's cup of tea...but I already have a yellow car...couldn't find an orange one that I liked (orange was my original first choice)...and green was incredible looking in person and so rare rare rare

I seem to going with Sherbet colors...

My little garage...yeah...messy. But in Florida, no attics, no basements. (I am Canadian, and I used to stash everything in attics and basements!). I have to put my car stuff somewhere!

My ladder...dammit, you're right...I need to secure it to the wall. Be right back...

I think my NSX and Gallardo are going to be good friends...
Its late...gotta go to bed...I have an early appointment to have 3m shield put on the Gallardo!

Thanks again everyone for your kind words, and the comic relief!

Regards,
Rick

Last edited:
NeoNSX said:
Nothing wrong with having two girlfriends if you've introduced them to each other. However, if you come out to the garage one morning and the Gallardo has flat tires -- the NSX did it. ;) :D

The lime green looks alright! Next the to your yellow NSX, those are aussie colours! I approve of that! :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D Oy, Oy, Oy!

Australia rules! But I am Canadian...so we are sort of kind of countrymen.
(Remember when we all showed up at the Sydney Olympics wearing Roots clothing! funny!)

NSXrunner said:
ummm its green... :confused:

jk :biggrin: color is a personal thing :smile: nice car man...grats

I thoroughly enjoy this color, the wheels especially make it.

You should call your NSX "Lemon"
and the Gallardo "Lime" ;)
sexy Gallardo! I saw a black Gallardo in Vancouver B.C. when I was vacationing last year! The exhaust tone is sexy

Its an amazing color!

Sick.jpg

Verde2.jpg

Verde3.jpg

Verde4.jpg

Verde5.jpg

Verde14.jpg

Sick steeringwheel!

Verde7.jpg

Verde8.jpg

Verde11.jpg

Verde16.jpg

Congrats on the new ride!

^^^ I love the look of the Gallardo! I'd take that green one for sure! If I were to buy one, I think I'd try and find a white one...don't see to many that color.

I gotta stop spending all my pennies on my NSX and start saving!

Back