• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Advan RSII group buy: gauging interest

In all fairness to SOS, whether ethical or not, this is a vendor forum, they are a well known and respected vendor. You are not a vendor. Actually I'm surprised this post didn't get moved to the wheel/tire forum a long time ago.

I feel pretty confident they would've posted a group buy on these wheels with or without your post first. You have done a superb job in dedicating your time on this effort and I am many that appreciate it. I do understand however you being a little upset, but let's squash the sour grapes and just keep assembling this deal.

I definitely respect you putting this together for the community. The timing doesn't look great - but honestly, we've been working on this for at least 6 weeks now since we listed the 57Xtreme (perhaps customers who helped us arrange this at that time will chime in). I have encouraged customers who have already committed to your group buy to stay with it. I hope this makes sense - like I mentioned before, my intention was not to hijack your thread - I thought at the time you were gauging interest from vendors in helping you out.

sincerely,
-- Chris

In all fairness to SOS, whether ethical or not, this is a vendor forum, they are a well known and respected vendor. You are not a vendor. Actually I'm surprised this post didn't get moved to the wheel/tire forum a long time ago.

I feel pretty confident they would've posted a group buy on these wheels with or without your post first. You have done a superb job in dedicating your time on this effort and I am many that appreciate it. I do understand however you being a little upset, but let's squash the sour grapes and just keep assembling this deal.

Yeah I really don't want to discuss this anymore and want to finish what we started. This isn't just a section for vendors, it's product info, questions, evaluation, etc. You are right, I am certain a number of vendors would have posted a group buy on these wheels... but we would not be at the pricing level we are at without my making a list and cross shopping it across multiple vendors. Do you know how much my price came down through time? even with the same vendors? Group buy prices are setup by what the vendor decides, whereas I created competition for us to get the best price. There is a big difference. Do you really think that the SOS price would be anywhere close to what it is now if this GB wasn't happening? It would be far higher. Unfortuntely for them my price is already lower and will probably get better still. When 30 people sign up, I feel I owe them. That is why I worked so hard at this. It would have been better for SOS to simply submit a competitive bid which they didn't want to do, or make a GB on some other wheel. Two vendors with two group buys on the same wheel at the same time is ridiculous. Lets face it, if you are a vendor and you are looking at a 100K order that is not yours, you may not be all that happy. And so this is what happens.

Last edited:
The timing doesn't look great -
-- Chris

You are right Chris, it doesn't look great. You could have PM'ed me with a bid like everyone else and been competitive... and just kept this as one buy. It could have been just through you. I made it clear I'd give you preferential treatment if all else was equal. What else could I have done?

Anyway this is my last post on this subject. You do your thing and I will do mine. Prime is a place I really respect and Lud is the best manager of any forum I've ever been a part of, and I don't want any negativity here. So good luck with your group buy.

Guys new color available is hyper silver. Pricing is the same as hyper black. I did receive slightly better pricing this morning. Those of you that got quotes from me today have the correct price. Those that received quotes before today: the price is $20 lower on gloss black, and $15 lower on hyper black. The free lugnuts still apply. This does not affect the S2K guys.

Here is a photo of the three colors. You guys can change your color at order time:

942bf452d3ba1eb3d009d90497686f80.jpg

Attachments

• Advan.jpg
    Advan.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Since when does SOS order 20 sets of wheels. It's obvious they took advantage of this thread and with all the SOS followers I'm sure your list will go down substantially and hope the best for your group buy.

Have you pm the price to everybody? I didn't get it yet.
Also, how much more for the center caps?

Ric I didn't, because I was still negotiating. I got lower, just today!! The guys I PM'ed earlier have the most current price. I will pm you with what I have today.

I am getting a discount on the centercaps

You don't have to pm me about the price if it's not final yet. Once it's final the center caps price is straightened out, pm me. I am sticking to this group buy.

Ric I didn't, because I was still negotiating. I got lower, just today!! The guys I PM'ed earlier have the most current price. I will pm you with what I have today.

I am getting a discount on the centercaps

Since when does SOS order 20 sets of wheels. It's obvious they took advantage of this thread and with all the SOS followers I'm sure your list will go down substantially and hope the best for your group buy.

Vivid is very reputable, one of the largest advan dealers in the country, and will give great service. Furthermore, I can now confirm our price is lower than what sos is offering. I doubt the list will go down one person. I am going to continue what I've been doing. Negotiate for everyone... I don't want anymore drama here, please let's keep to the subject at hand.

Guys, our current pricing is the best. And I will work on centercaps, shipping, delivery, etc. I will keep everyone updated.

excellent work Dave.

:mad:thumbs down for SOS for being a unethical vendor.
I will never buy anything from them!

Wow this is turning in to a mess for you. Well I appreciate what you've done. Pm me the current pricing please and thanks again!

first, thanks for all your hard work on this. i can fully appreciate how much work you've put in and even posted on s2ki on your behalf (hoomza444).

Also, vivid racing is a pretty well known vendor on other forums, so I would feel very confident purchasing from them.

Finally, could you send over the updated pricing info to me - I haven't really heard anything on pricing since effectively day 1 of this deal.

thanks again for all your hard work!

Updated list:

1) Turbo2go 17/18 Racing Hyper black
2) Matt 337 17/18 Racing Hyper black
3) Speedmasta77 17/18
4) NSXRay1 17/18 Racing Hyper black
5) Regular 18/19 racing hyper black
6) sippy2 17/18 Racing Hyper Black
7) Junior40er 17/18 hyper Black
8) Ric 17/18 Racing Hyper Black
9) Nero Tenebre 17/18
10) Eiffel 17/18 hyper black
11) SScnell 17/18 semi-gloss black
12) Kublakhan 17/18 Semi-gloss black
13) Kuni 17/18
14) Hlakhani 17/18 hyper-black
15) Fuoss484 Semi gloss Black 17x7.5 48 non-gtr, 18x9.5 35 gtr-face
16) Teej 17/18 Semi Gloss black
17) pchpleno 17/18 semi gloss black
18) bloodstone 17/18
19) AlWaYs4SaLe 17/18
20) FernandoLens 17/18
21) Andre.sugarland 17/18 Racing Hyper Black
22) synergy004 17/18 Gloss Black
23) ediddynsx 17/18 racing hyper black
24) NSX-Barque 17/18 Gloss black-semi
25) RS-2000 17x9 (4, S2K group) Semi gloss black
26) gizzard 17x9 (4, S2K group), hyper silver
27) 91nsx85crx 17/18 Racing hyper black
28) RP215 17x9 (4, S2K group)
29) Arista5 17/18 racing hyper black
30) scorro1 17/18 Racing Hyper Black
31) deltacrew 17/18 racing hyper black
32) Afzan 17x9 (4, S2K group) Hyper silver

What offset would I need to not rub and track my car if I wanted this?

For the rear? Or front? Rear has plent of clearance. I would get the et35 rear, but I have seen people also clear with et25. The 25 is super aggressive, 35 us pretty flush and what I would recommend.

You can also go 18x9 rear, and I am seriously considering that size myself with a 255 tire. Depending on your year of car and what TCS unit it uses, the rear tires should be 255, 265, or 275 if you are running 215 up front and want to maintain your front and rear ratio same as stock. For my year car, 255 is actually the best. For older NSX's 275 is the best fit but 265 is probably the best compromise for performance. 275 is getting a bit on the wide side for a stockish NSX.

For front, if you really don't want to rub, you need to stick with 215/40.

Updated list:

1) Turbo2go 17/18 Racing Hyper black
2) Matt 337 17/18 Racing Hyper black
3) Speedmasta77 17/18
4) NSXRay1 17/18 Racing Hyper black
5) Regular 18/19 racing hyper black
6) sippy2 17/18 Racing Hyper Black
7) Junior40er 17/18 hyper Black
8) Ric 17/18 Racing Hyper Black
9) Nero Tenebre 17/18
10) Eiffel 17/18 hyper black
11) SScnell 17/18 semi-gloss black
12) Kublakhan 17/18 Semi-gloss black
13) Kuni 17/18
14) Hlakhani 17/18 hyper-black
15) Fuoss484 Semi gloss Black 17x7.5 48 non-gtr, 18x9.5 35 gtr-face
16) Teej 17/18 Semi Gloss black
17) pchpleno 17/18 semi gloss black
18) bloodstone 17/18
19) AlWaYs4SaLe 17/18
20) FernandoLens 17/18
21) Andre.sugarland 17/18 Racing Hyper Black
22) synergy004 17/18 Gloss Black
23) ediddynsx 17/18 racing hyper black
24) NSX-Barque 17/18 Gloss black-semi
25) RS-2000 17x9 (4, S2K group) Semi gloss black
26) gizzard 17x9 (4, S2K group), hyper silver
27) 91nsx85crx 17/18 Racing hyper black
28) RP215 17x9 (4, S2K group)
29) Arista5 17/18 racing hyper black
30) scorro1 17/18 Racing Hyper Black
31) deltacrew 17/18 racing hyper black
32) Afzan 17x9 (4, S2K group) Hyper silver
33) LMR 17/18 semi gloss

I'm interested. Dang, not one soul that wants to go 18/19? Can you PM me price of 17/18 and 18/19 and details? Hyper black please.
Thanks

I'm interested. Dang, not one soul that wants to go 18/19? Can you PM me price of 17/18 and 18/19 and details? Hyper black please.
Thanks

Well the whole advantage of this wheel is that it is super light. And so the guys buying this for the most part want performance. Plus it looks big anyway, like an 18/19 of a wheel with a lip. That's why so many forget all the headaches of bad tire availability, loss of performance, extra cost (of the wheel and repeated extra cost of tires), and just get the 17/18. But if you want to be baller and get that ultra large look with 18/19, I won't stop you! LOL...

I'll PM you shortly. I gotta answer some S2K guys' questions first.

im the only one on the list wanted 18/19. hope the price is not much different from the 17/18. thanks again for setting up this group buy TURBOTOGO!

Oh yeah... I knew there was one Pioneer going it alone with 18/19... LOL... There you go SJ2K now you have company. I have to admit these probably look really bad ass in 18/19

Ahhh, I missed the one 18/19 set in the sea of 17/18s :D
What sizes are recommended for 18/19? Looking for something aggressive, but not too hellaflush.
Edit: I'm thinking 18x8.5+40 and 19x10.5+25

Last edited:
Back