• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Advan RSII group buy: gauging interest

Ediddynsx 17,18 gunmetal looking ones for now

Figures you'd be the troublemaker not following the format...

1) Turbo2go 17/18 Racing Hyper black
2) Matt 337 17/18 Racing Hyper black
3) Speedmasta77 17/18
4) NSXRay1 17/18 Racing Hyper black
5) Regular 18/19 racing hyper black
6) sippy2 17/18 Racing Hyper Black
7) Netviper 17/18
8) Ric 17/18 Racing Hyper Black
9) Nero Tenebre 17/18
10) Eiffel 17/18
11) SScnell 17/18
12) Kublakhan 17/18 Semi-gloss black
13) Kuni 17/18
14) Hlakhani 17/18
15) Fuoss484 Semi gloss Black 17x7.5 48 non-gtr, 18x9.5 35 gtr-face
16) Teej 17/18 Semi Gloss black
17) pchpleno 17/18 semi gloss black
18) bloodstone 17/18
19) AlWaYs4SaLe 17/18
20) FernandoLens 17/18
21) Andre.sugarland 17/18 Racing Hyper Black
22) synergy004 17/18 Gloss Black
23) ediddynsx 17/18 racing hyper black

Guys I've had word from advan that the 17" won't be here in the states ready for delivery until mid-late October, so we are 8-10 weeks away. I've had my best pricing so far on a tiered level. Price drops at 10 sets, then drops again at 15, and again at 20. I have a few people that are not on the list with PMs that they want in.

Here is what I know: This is a one-time opportunity that won't happen again. The prices are really good now, and advan is willing to take us seriously and specifically make sure we get one of the first batches. We will have them before they are widely available and stocked. This itself has value as otherwise you may wait months for your offset and size.*

I pushed for yet another price break and that *break will come at 30 sets. How do you guys feel about me contacting the S2K group? I've already heard most of what will come this way normally are lots of 18 and 19 sizes, but because of the size of our group they will change to accommodate us.*

We still have some time before we need to place deposits. If I can grab 8-10 people off s2k, they will put us at the largest tiered discount.*

Also, I've had some competitive bids but they are not from authorized Advan dealers. I'm talking perhaps $15-20 less on a wheel from smaller shops. Personally I'd prefer to go with an authorized dealer and pay the extra $60-70 on a set. Right now I'm getting very good service and pricing from the largest Advan retailer in the country.*

Let me know your thoughts on the authorized vs. non authorized... Would you rather save the extra $60-70? And what are your thoughts on the S2K guys? Are any of you already on the forums there that can help me out? Please shoot me a PM if you can. I'd have to register all new.*

Dave. Has there been any discussion as to what tires will fit the 17/18 sizes you are recommending?

Dave do you want me to post my recommendations? 215/40/17 front if you want to be trouble free. The consensus is continentals if you want a good overall tire with very good performance but also decent cost, good wear, and also a good ride. If you are running part time track or want the ultimate performance for the street your best will come from the Advan Neova AD08, but by then a better available alternative might be the brand new Dunlop Star Spec Z2 currently available in Japan.

For rear fitment your best bets will be either a 255/35/18, 265/35/18, or even a 275/35/18. That depends on what year your car is and which speed sensor you have. I will post a link to Ken Sax's info on that.

I can also list tire weights if you guys are interested. If you get the right tire, it can be 2-3 pounds lighter than another. So you'd be looking at an extremely light wheel/tire combo. As much as 5-6 pounds less per wheel over the already light stock wheels, and a solid 10 pounds per wheel lighter than even some of these forged wheels in 18/19 combos. We are talking close to 40 pounds total of rotational mass... not static. These are facts. I don't want to litter this thread with performance aspects of rotational versus static mass, let's just say saving 10 pounds on each wheel is a good thing in every aspect including your ride quality.

Last edited:
The thing is I have to weed through some offers coming my way because they make promises, but I am not sure they can deliver. Anyone can give a price... The question is delivery. Cat is out of the bag now anyway. The U.S. distributor Mackin is now aware of the group buy so a non-authorized dealer going sideways will raise a red flag for them.

So what are the good S2K forums?

I hope this is not another thread that will not go through like the Nominations for the hottest NSX thread where it takes not 8-9weeks but 8-9 months :biggrin:.Just saying cause there is quite some name on this list. Don't want to see these guy get disappointed :wink:

Make it happen DAVE :biggrin:! They counting on you :wink:! Buy me a set too and I will pay you back when it comes in :tongue:!

No, All jokes aside there is quite some name on this list tho :wink:

Advans from an autorized dealer, would be ok with me. You can try S2ki. I am a registered member, but not many post. Let me know if I can help you out in anyway.

Make it happen DAVE :biggrin:! They counting on you :wink:! Buy me a set too and I will pay you back when it comes in :tongue:!

No, All jokes aside there is quite some name on this list tho :wink:

Hey man if you really are interested then please add your name to the list. Seriously I already have to keep track of a few that want wheels and for some reason don't want to be on the public list. I don't want to keep doing this. I've got too many things on my brain. No one is paying me to do this. I am trying to contribute to the members and the forum to make up for all of your poor posts. Haha... :biggrin:

Until the deposit has been made, we don't know exactly how many people will be actually buying, so the number of people on the list might come down.

Hey man if you really are interested then please add your name to the list. Seriously I already have to keep track of a few that want wheels and for some reason don't want to be on the public list. I don't want to keep doing this. I've got too many things on my brain. No one is paying me to do this. I am trying to contribute to the members and the forum to make up for all of your poor posts. Haha... :biggrin:

Just saying. Hahaha! Relax....:smile: poor posts!? :rolleyes: :smile:

Until the deposit has been made, we don't know exactly how many people will be actually buying, so the number of people on the list might come down.

Sure, it might, but my list is also growing. So it makes up for it. I can always also hit up the subaru forums. LOL... I've already, within an hour, received PM's from S2K. Have faith in me son, I won't let you down. :biggrin:

Just saying. Hahaha! Relax....:smile: poor posts!? :rolleyes: :smile:

Bro let's not pollute this thread with non-related talk. Obviously I am joking with you when I say "haha" and add a smiley face. If you need to reply to me just PM. Lets keep the thread on track.

Also prefer an authorized dealer and s2ki is fine by me. They do tons of group buys over there so they know the deal. Looking forward to even further discounted prices!

How long do you think it'll be before we get a final estimate on pricing? Feel free to PM if that discussion would be more appropriate there.

I'm still in for the gb! And thank you for setting this up for us.

Pm what the pricing is currently at please and what you think shipping would be to canada?

Add me to the list, please.

Re: Advan RSII group buy: gauging interest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ediddynsx
Figures you'd be the troublemaker not following the format...

3) Speedmasta77 17/18
7) Netviper 17/18
9) Nero Tenebre 17/18
10) Eiffel 17/18
11) SScnell 17/18
13) Kuni 17/18
14) Hlakhani 17/18
15) Fuoss484 Semi gloss Black 17x7.5 48 non-gtr, 18x9.5 35 gtr-face
16) Teej 17/18 Semi Gloss black
17) pchpleno 17/18 semi gloss black
18) bloodstone 17/18
19) AlWaYs4SaLe 17/18
20) FernandoLens 17/18
21) Andre.sugarland 17/18 Racing Hyper Black
22) synergy004 17/18 Gloss Black
23) ediddynsx 17/18 racing hyper black
24) NSX-Barque 17/18 Gloss black-semi

Wanted to give an update. I got slightly lower pricing from an excellent reputable dealer today, and I am pretty sure this is close to the bottom as some vendors don't even want to look at the deal anymore. I am shoring up some sales outside this forum, so that our minimum buying requirement is met even if some people bail. I am going to check with one other guy, then probably wrap it up over the next 10-15 days. I will PM you guys soon.

You have a PM. :wink: just don't post it publicly it might get me into trouble.

3) Speedmasta77 17/18
7) Netviper 17/18
9) Nero Tenebre 17/18
10) Eiffel 17/18
11) SScnell 17/18 semi-gloss black