Advan AVS Model 5's, where are you at?

Recieved all new bolts today via Tacoma Screw Products... they look very close to the Model 5 bolts but in black. Will verify exact fitment this weekend and fit my sets with them.

12-8.jpg

13-7.jpg

So I found out while I was gone for a week that those black screws do rust. :( My extra ones just sitting in on my workbench in my garage are rusting already.

I tried to buy those 17s from that guy on nyspeed 2 months ago and he said he decided not to sell them.:confused:

I tried to buy those 17s from that guy on nyspeed 2 months ago and he said he decided not to sell them.:confused:

I talked to him yesterday to confirm. They are if you pay him double. $1,100 for all 4 wheels.

17/18

One of the many shots from today. Still going through them.

IMG_1673.jpg

The best wheel setup on ur car since the ccw's.

The 17/18 looks really well balanced size wise since your car is so slammed. The 18/19s looked a tad massive.

Last edited:
IMG_1576-2.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1623-1.jpg

The best wheel setup on ur car since the ccw's.

The 17/18 looks really well balanced size wise since your car is so slammed. The 18/19s looked a tad massive.

I agree!! Love the colors together. Also agree on 17/18... although I'm having my 18/19 refinished now and will be selling the 17/18 when I get them back! :D

Last edited:
Got mine installed today. Unfortunately my car is filthy and has the side skirts removed so you only get a teaser for now. :wink:

IMG_2287_zps907f4c97.jpg

IMG_2285_zps749f195c.jpg

IMG_1576-2.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1623-1.jpg

I agree!! Love the colors together. Also agree on 17/18... although I'm having my 18/19 refinished now and will be selling the 17/18 when I get them back! :D

I can't wait until you get the 18-19's back! I think it's the only true size for the NSX, regardless of most wheel styles.

Mike

I can't wait until you get the 18-19's back! I think it's the only true size for the NSX, regardless of most wheel styles.

Mike

haha Mike You're Bias!!! The car actually rides/drives/handles great on the 17/18!

IMG_1678.jpg

Got some paint on my skirts last night. Gonna clear coat them today and maybe get them installed tonight. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
34B4D6E2-0098-4A56-9F14-0E478A975D57-3766-0000042C7A958732.jpg

What the hell? You have robots or something installing your skirts?

Just hung em from the rafters to paint them yesterday. I pulled the car back inside after I let it air out. I thought it seemed like an interesting photo op. ;) If you ever get it in your head to prep and paint stuff like this yourself, DON'T DO IT!

that's what i was going to say as well. these look like the perfect sized wheel for the nsx. i would have almost thought that the fronts are 18s.

Looking at Chris' set again.... WTF. Why the hell do your 17/18's look bigger then my 17/18's now?!?!? I am definitely now going to get my set powdercoated! I think the darker color wheel blends with the tire much better then silver, and subsequently giving a perception that the wheels are larger.

based on the FS thread the tires are 205/40/17, 255/35/18... vs the 215/265 standard setup.

in combination with the darker color and major slammage i think are why the 17/18 wheels look so nicely sized on his car.

Looking at Chris' set again.... WTF. Why the hell do your 17/18's look bigger then my 17/18's now?!?!? I am definitely now going to get my set powdercoated! I think the darker color wheel blends with the tire much better then silver, and subsequently giving a perception that the wheels are larger.

Last edited:
whoh! those look great! def powdercoating my 17/18 set!

Definitely do!! I can't wait to see your car with them in gunmetal... I was trying to get you to refinish them forever now. It'll give you that fresh look you're after!

man.. those gunmetals look great.

there must be something wrong with me because I think the 17/18 looks so spot on! haha

Thank you sir!! Agreed.

Looks fantastic. Man these pics of NSX's drive me crazy in the winter. Hoping for short winter.

Thanks!! Me too. I can't wait to start driving my car again. It was in the shop this whole past year during nice weather.

based on the FS thread the front wheels are 205/40/17, in combination with the darker color and major slammage are whey the wheels look so nicely sized on his car.

Yep. They're listed for sale now :/ It's mostly the color. I think Synth's car with the VRH lowered is probably very close in ride height.

Last edited:
Back