• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A new approach at NSX exhaust.

Ok I'm just thinking out loud here. I've always loved Pagani's center exit exhaust. For you guys that want something different, heres a muffler that might get you "Pagani style" while sounding pretty wicked.

http://www.carid.com/flowmaster/flowmaster-race-mufflers-23297627.html

I think you got the input and output sides mixed up (though it could still work in the direction you're thinking - you'd have to look inside the muffler to be sure).
The 4 pipes you see on this, connect directly to the headers, where 4 tubes come in and it exhausts out the back (via the single side).

Input side is on the left, the exhaust/exit side is on the right
8200350_2.jpg

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?...year=&model=&submodel=&engine=&category=0&kw=

EDIT:
After further investigation, I don't think you'll want to mount it in that orientation. The muffler has these ringed fins installed in it, which are oriented in the direction I mentioned. If you allowed the exhaust to go opposite, it'll probably "catch" in the fins causing exhaust turbulence. The exhaust direction is meant to go in through the 4 pipes and out to the 1 pipe.
nz6s6dx.jpg

MG4_9179.jpg

71441d1412777112-flowmasters-scavenger-series-outlaw-ii-race-mufflers-untitled.png

Last edited:
This "muffler" only goes one way. I also highly doubt this is a scavenging collector.

Scavenging Collectors look like this. Notice the expansion chamber after the collector. This creates a low pressure area that helps scavenges exhaust pulses from each cylinder.

Why doesn't everyone do this? They only work for a small range of the power band. If you don't tune it right you will actually loose power in some rpm ranges. This is an old idea which is most apparent in the 2 stroke motorcycle engines. Most header manufacturers use a straight thru design because it's difficult to test and tune this specific for each engine and each car.

Flowmaster created a weird chambered exhaust. It'll attenuate some sound within a range of frequencies just like any chambered mufflers but I have a tough time believing it's scavenging.

SSPX0401.jpg

Back