A Mermaid and Her NSX In Snow!!!~

NSX2398 said:
OK guys .. enough with the jokes about snow .. I know it's all in fun but you're perpetuating the myth that you can't/shouldn't drive an NSX in snow and it just isn't true. As someone who has driven their NSX year round in Canada for the last 5 years .. including about 20,000+ miles of winter driving .. I think I have more than enough experience to say that an NSX with winter tires is not only viable .. I'd pick it over my wife's TL (also with winter tires) any day of the week.
You're always going to find heavy snowfalls like the ones above .. and it doesn't look like the SUVs in the pictures are going anywhere either .. but I have driven through snow up to about 5inches deep (mine isn't lowered) and 2-3 inches is pretty much a non event. So, can we dispense with the myth now?
ps. tip for MiamiMermaid .. the next time you've got ice on your window, try using a credit card to chisel it off... it's more effective than you might think .. and if you break it, there's lots more where those came from :biggrin:

hehe thansx* for the chuckle.... but I miss driving my baby :( I think that the salt on the road is a grand deterrent, as I'm extremely particular (shall I say, in Seinfeld terms, 'a shtickler?') about anything that might harm her. However, if I had more knowledge of snow/ice, I might alter my opinion..... But since I do not, I can't hardly wait til I'm back home.... I don't know how y'all handle this.... it's pretty and all but grrrrrr.... it is way toooo cold!!

p.s. I hit my first ice patch last night and it was, well, kinda fun ;)

Back