A Mermaid and Her NSX In Snow!!!~

MiamiMermaid said:
penguins.gif
:tongue: :biggrin:

HAAAAAAA....that's freakin' hilarious...Penguins are kewl:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hey Mermaid! I live in Norther Mi., and snow driving is FABULOUS!! With 3K to spend, get a VW Golf and put Blizzaks all the way around, and it will go anywhere. Go out in big parking lots early on a Sun. morning and practice handbreak spins. Driving on ice and snow is the same as going really fast on dry pavement; weight transfer and all inputs must be done with smooth precision, but you can do big drifts and power slides at 30 mph, and have a ball. Enjoy!

Tomrev said:
Hey Mermaid! I live in Norther Mi., and snow driving is FABULOUS!! With 3K to spend, get a VW Golf and put Blizzaks all the way around, and it will go anywhere. Go out in big parking lots early on a Sun. morning and practice handbreak spins. Driving on ice and snow is the same as going really fast on dry pavement; weight transfer and all inputs must be done with smooth precision, but you can do big drifts and power slides at 30 mph, and have a ball. Enjoy!

U-per saying: We get 6 months of snow and 6 months of bad snowmobiling.
M GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Danny

Pssst..... Hugh not around???......

Good!

Porsche do an excellent winter beater car for just those occasions... Get a Carerra 4 or 4S... :wink:

Forget about the CR-V or Rav-4... They are chick cars!

Hang on.... Miami Mermaid.... Hmmm, sounds like a chick name unless it's Hugh's Saturday night alter ego.... Oh either way.... I suppose it's alright then...

j/k :biggrin:

lowellhigh79 said:
U-per saying: We get 6 months of snow and 6 months of bad snowmobiling.
M GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Danny
Hey Danny!~* Congrats!*~~ I just got the issue with your car in it..... :) Very nice work~**

AU_NSX said:
Pssst..... Hugh not around???......

Good!

Porsche do an excellent winter beater car for just those occasions... Get a Carerra 4 or 4S... :wink:

Forget about the CR-V or Rav-4... They are chick cars!

Hang on.... Miami Mermaid.... Hmmm, sounds like a chick name unless it's Hugh's Saturday night alter ego.... Oh either way.... I suppose it's alright then...

j/k :biggrin:

Silly boy~ Of course, I'm a *chickadee*..... but I still don't have much of a preference towards the CRV or Rav..... I have looked at a Metallic Blue Trailblazer, Chevy Excelsior, Bravado, and a few others.

It's crazy, I was coming home from dinner tonight and felt my girl kinda sliding a bit..... it's very chilly here, and snowing, so I just thought it was due to that (never having driven in this weather). Well, go figure, I get a flat.... so now, on top of buying a new car, I get to purchase a new tire :rolleyes:

**Dreaming of the Beach**

steveny said:
Everytime I drive a sports car in the snow I seem to end up in an empty parking lot doing donuts! Weird
hehehe..... I can see me doing that toooo ;) :biggrin: fun! :tongue:

MiamiMermaid said:
Hey Danny!~* Congrats!*~~ I just got the issue with your car in it..... :) Very nice work~**

Thanks Mermaid!

If you ever want to come to Vegas to thaw out, come by and try the car out:wink: What's up in Michigan? I was at the U of M for med school and residency.

Regards,

Danny

lowellhigh79 said:
Thanks Mermaid!

If you ever want to come to Vegas to thaw out, come by and try the car out:wink: What's up in Michigan? I was at the U of M for med school and residency.

Regards,

Danny
Michigan is brrrrr..... chilly..... I'm waiting to get my tire in so I can drive her a few more times before time to put her into hibernation mode (I've never done this so I'm quite the sad one).....

....but thansx* for the invite...... I may just take you up on the offer.... your car is absolutely amazing!~

Congrats again, my friend~ :biggrin:

CL65 Captain said:
Lamborghini LM002

bt00062_133641.jpg

what you are not seeing in this picture is the tow truck backing up 5 feet ahead of the LM002.

I have only seen one of these and it was one of those priceless moments... back in the early 90s when I was in London, at the Ritz, an Arab in a flowing robe comes out and he and his enterage get into the LM002 and he turns around looking backwards to back out and gives it gas... problem was he was in drive and drove right into the parked Mercedes in front of him and into a concrete pillar. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

CL65 Captain said:
I have only seen one of these and it was one of those priceless moments... back in the early 90s when I was in London, at the Ritz, an Arab in a flowing robe comes out and he and his enterage get into the LM002 and he turns around looking backwards to back out and gives it gas... problem was he was in drive and drove right into the parked Mercedes in front of him and into a concrete pillar. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:eek:

talk to Meeeeeeeeeeeeatch lady!! osh!!
I just moved his snow tires to his new garage the other day, so they worked :)
or just get a VT Lambo :biggrin:

Mermi - in addition to your SUV choices, don't forget other "beater" options.

Most or All Subaru's are AWD
Also a late 90's Audi A4 with AWD could be a nice car.

Those aren't SUVs but have to better in the snow with showtires than an NSX & you don't have to have an SUV :D

Just don't wreck that car!! I need to see it someday.

kinda sounds lke she *needs* a GM product.....

she is in GM territory...
drive to toledo and get one...it will save you a bunch of cash

oh yeah I HATE MICHIGAN....go OSU :)

NsXMas said:
Where is Mermaid these days? She hasn't posted for nearly a month, and her myspace profile shows "deleted" status.

Hope all is well Dawn!!

I KNOW. I hope she is ok. I sent her a pm a few days ago and usually she responds in a few hours but nothing yet.

BTW if you scroll down on her Myspace page you see the profile is still there.

Last edited:
Don't Mermaids return to the ocean this time of year so they come back more beautiful every year? :biggrin:

Anyone shopping for a beater should take a trip to the insurance institute for highway safety's web site - I think its highwaysafety.com .

Some cars that seem good/strong SUCK in an accident. Included on this list are the Astro Van (certain death in a head on with a civic where the civic driver could likely walk away!) and the Dodge Duranged'o. There are many more. Just 'cuz you want a cheap car doesn't mean it has to be unsafe!

Aero said:
Don't Mermaids return to the ocean this time of year so they come back more beautiful every year? :biggrin:

Hopefully that's the answer and she's not "swimming with the fish." :eek:

Back