A hint that the new NSX will actually happen

Dtriggg yes I make 116k and I would buy a 125k car. If the new NSX is mid engine with groundbreaking tech and design yes yes yes. It also helps my wife makes a little more than me.

Dtriggg yes I make 116k and I would buy a 125k car. If the new NSX is mid engine with groundbreaking tech and design yes yes yes. It also helps my wife makes a little more than me.

WOW!:eek: Just amazing. I don't care how much your wife makes. You would spend over 100% of your annual income to purchase a depreciating asset? In other words, you would work for less than nothing? None of my business, and I wish you the best. We just come from the opposite sides of the financial planning scales.

I currently own a NSX and I have owned others in the past. That being said, I paid cash for my cars. So if you pay $125K for a new NSX, the opportunity costs of that, assuming the S&P increases 10%, would cost you around $1,000 per month, along with your depreciating asset. Should you finance it, the costs would be even higher.

Sorry. I just don't get it. But it's your money, not mine. Again, good luck.

I agree 100%. I purchased 7 acuras.. 6 were new from the dealership. The NSX must be produced.

I went to an audi dealership a couple weeks ago, and I have to admit I was getting the same feeling as I did when I first saw the NSX. They have enjoyed a HUGE increase in the number of cars they sold. I can't remember the exact numbers, but the sales manager showing me the R8 told me that Audi has increased sales 3-400% since the R8 came out. This is why acura wanted to have a flagship. So you can point at the GSR and say the same engine is in there - only smaller. To say the Integra had the same suspension engineered for the NSX.. Now Audi has taken those upscale customers from Acura/Honda.

If they dont pull their heads out of their asses I see a lot of us honda/acura customers heading to audi. They definitely have me considering it. I can't believe I felt this way... and when you see their S4 with the same engine as the v8 R8... WHY BUY A TL?

Come on Acura.... you need to come up with some serious magic here!

Look at the thread for the 2005 blue/blue NSX for $39K. Lots people like it and then state they would love to have it...but they can't afford it. And you say you would love to purchase a new NSX...a few years after it is introduced. Great incentive for Honda to introduce a new NSX. Sorry, but I really don't think Prime has any influence here. The people that purchase high end performance sports cars are now on Ferrarichat or Lamborgaini forum.

Dtrigg you pay for your cars in cash? See you are right we come from both ends of the world. I finance even though I could buy cash because of cash flow. And your assuming because I "only" make 116k and the car is 125k I can't afford it? Yeah you would be right if I had NO liquid assest, retirement funds, and investments. But fortunately I do.

Look at the thread for the 2005 blue/blue NSX for $39K. Lots people like it and then state they would love to have it...but they can't afford it. And you say you would love to purchase a new NSX...a few years after it is introduced. Great incentive for Honda to introduce a new NSX. Sorry, but I really don't think Prime has any influence here. The people that purchase high end performance sports cars are now on Ferrarichat or Lamborgaini forum.

Wow - Did you misunderstand me 100 percent - Let me help you

1. I cant afford to sell my 97 and buy the 05. I am not in the market. I have put too much into my 97 to start from scratch with a "new" used car. Plus, since you don't know my finances it would seem foolish to assume too much. Maybe I am in the process of buying a 2nd home and cannot afford it for other reasons. I only bring that up because its true. Maybe its because I just put a friggin deposit on an R8?

2. A couple of years later - Once again, you jumped the gun. I would still buy a new one, just not the first model year. Why? Well first off I refuse to pay more than MSRP and the new sporty cars are all going for OVER sticker. I think thats nuts. I can wait a 24 months to own one if need be. For example: The new R8 spyder is selling for 25K over sticker all over the country right now. I refuse to do that. That doesn't even help honda, that helps the dealership.

2b. Buying a used NSX may actually help honda - Its common sense, most people sell something before buying another. Maybe its because you would run out of garage space, or maybe when buying a house.. MOST will sell their assets before buying the new one (or at the same time). So, for an owner of a 2005 to upgrade to a 2014 he may very well need someone to sell it to, so yeah, used NSX buyers actually help too. (although this is not what I meant)

3. Explain to me how its any difference if a guy makes 121k a year or 1.21M a year, the amount LOST on the depreciating asset, or lost revenue in a 10% rise in the S&P would be identical because the cost of the vehicle remains the same. Yes, the percentage of income is different, but you have no idea what his finances are. Do you know if he happens to have a 40M trust fund? He said his wife make more than he does, maybe shes a top executive and makes 7 figures. Or maybe, he doesn't live beyond his means and this is his one indulgence. Would it make you feel better if he had a 40k boat, a 40k car, and a 40k Rv? This is silly really!

The rest of you, GREAT JOB, the acura site is totally overcome with NSX owners. It has been noticed I am sure.

P.S. Dtrig - I don't dislike you, Im just in pain after my surgery and took it out on you. Keeps me from kicking the dog or swearing at my wife. I still love you bro :)~ HAHA :biggrin:

OH SNAP - Look what my wife and I did on Valentines Day!!!!

Acura - I can spend my money on your vehicle or Audi, you gonna give me a solid reason not to buy this R8 and dump you for good?

I want specs, pictures, facts, timetable. Im so close to pulling the trigger on this car... Id prefer a new NSX... Thats my yellow NSX in front of the blue 5.2L V10 R8, right after my test drive tonight.

I WANT A 2012 NSX, and I WANT IT NOW

(does that sound like that commercial about "i want my money and i want it now?")

877-CASH-NOW

Attachments

• photo-8.JPG
    photo-8.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 106
^Next gen NSX or a followup sportscar by 2012?? Are you still on the happy pills?

IMHO: Honda should apologize to it's loyal customers (like you) for leading them on for the last 13+ years when it comes down to the next gen NSX.

^Next gen NSX or a followup sportscar by 2012?? Are you still on the happy pills?

IMHO: Honda should apologize to it's loyal customers (like you) for leading them on for the last 13+ years when it comes down to the next gen NSX.

BOTH -

They really need to get back into sports cars in general. But a new NSX is a must, period. I do feel like I have been let down. The only reason I got the 97 was because a new one hadn't come out yet and I finally am in a position to buy one. So I figured I would get my original dream car, at least an NA2, but not spend a crapload on a used car like an 05, and keep enough cash around for 2nd generation NSX and just keep both. But even this good news isn't really good news. Its stringing us all along.

Because of this, in 07 I purchased my first non-honda car. Since then we got 3 cars and none of them hondas. The innovation and speed is in the Audi's, BMW's, Porches, FREAKIN FORD??? seriously, F'n FORD passed us up?

Now a 35K mustang POS is fast as a mofo, not too bad on gas, looks kinda ok and they are closing in on reliability and quality too. But they have a supercar! Heck, before they went out look at what they Pontiac did with the GTO ((((400HP))))!!!!

And our supercar with 290?? Ok, we are lighter.... reliability is/was better (who knows now).. but 290? I swear to god it seems my blender has more HP and Torque.

Honda is pissing me off, and I know I am not the only one. They need to deliver the goods. A classy, sexy, powerful (by TOMORROWS standards) innovative quality vehicle.

Yeah, im still on the pills LOL

Captainjman your recent post got smiling man. I wish my wife was an exec making 7 figs. Hahhaha. But in reality she's not doing to bad as a Nurse Practitioner at Mass General Hospital. So if you still need some pills let me know. And you are exactly right about my lifestyle, the NSX or future is/will be my only indulgence. I don't live beyond my means. 400k house and my mortgage is 850/mth. I hope to see you at NSXPO 2011, we need to a have a drink together and discuss turbos without rebuilding the motor. Can you say lovefab stage 2. :smile:

Captainjman your recent post got smiling man. I wish my wife was an exec making 7 figs. Hahhaha. But in reality she's not doing to bad as a Nurse Practitioner at Mass General Hospital. So if you still need some pills let me know. And you are exactly right about my lifestyle, the NSX or future is/will be my only indulgence. I don't live beyond my means. 400k house and my mortgage is 850/mth. I hope to see you at NSXPO 2011, we need to a have a drink together and discuss turbos without rebuilding the motor. Can you say lovefab stage 2. :smile:

I have never been to one, I would love to go. Is it always in vegas? Do most people drive or fly in (given I am in IL its a long drive!)

I try to make people laugh, I used to dabble in stand up comedy.

I think a turbo may actually fix my ass once and for all... (BIG LIE). But I am going to keep repeating it until its installed! Then I will reveal my true intentions to my wife... I STILL WANT A NEW NSX OR R8... but in the mean time SHHHHHH

When I drove the R8 last night (5.2L not the "puny" 4.2) I was amazed at how quick it was. I came home and saw that the stock 5.2L is 525HP, but only 430 at the wheels. Hmmm, a stage 2 on a NA2 engine is about 430HP as an upper limit of whats safe without building the engine.

Now I know because its all wheel drive it has an edge, but if the R8 puts down 430 to the wheels and curb weight is 3715... NSX is faster? I know gearing has a lot do do with it, but I don't know how to compute that. But the R8 and GTR both have something that is lacking from the NSX - current technology. I really do like those gizmos. Bluetooth this and LED that, looks sharp.

As for the Norco 10's, my doctor is from the stone age. He doesn't realize that because I am a fat F***er I need a different dose than his 150lb frame. So I have to be really careful when I take my meds so I can sleep all night without waking up sweating from pain. Which by the way is when I get on prime..LOL, so ya'all see me at my "best".

If I can get to NSXPO 11, you and the rest of my buds on here, first rounds on me guys, your information, help, direction.... seriously is the best I've gotten anywhere.

Hey now Jason you are totally monopolizing this thread dude....lol. What is happnin brother...all I can say is don't quit taking the meds cause you are giving us all lots of comic relief.

NSXPO is not always in Vegas - it's been in Florida and I'm not sure where it is this yea - anyone know?

Hang in there Jason, it takes time to get this on again off again on again NSX on the floor! Honda is coming back but we'll just have to wait to see the real direction they go in. I just hope they are serious and really stay with it this time. Honda has never just sit back without a plan and this has just been a bad time for something new with our economy doing what it is but that hasn't stopped others - Honda is just too conservative.

I want to see an article comparing the new Lambo, badest Ferrari, badest McClaren, Carrera GT, R8 V10, against the LFA! Let's just see how it really stacks up! Somebody needs to show Honda what's up. Not only that but look at Ford - you mentioned Ford - they are moving and they've got some great cars out there. If you like Muscle cars - they are really puttin it down. The Boss 302 is coming, the new Shelby 350 is bad ass too. They also took no cash from the public bail out! I actually like Mustangs and I've never had a muscle car. I drove a V6 model out in CA last year on vacation and that car was solid - really solid and it handled great too. I was impressed.

So there is definitely life after Honda. Honda should not risk pissing off it's loyal customers. I'm just sayin...

Waitin for your next one Jason...:wink:

Hey now Jason you are totally monopolizing this thread dude....lol. What is happnin brother...all I can say is don't quit taking the meds cause you are giving us all lots of comic relief.

NSXPO is not always in Vegas - it's been in Florida and I'm not sure where it is this yea - anyone know?

Hang in there Jason, it takes time to get this on again off again on again NSX on the floor! Honda is coming back but we'll just have to wait to see the real direction they go in. I just hope they are serious and really stay with it this time. Honda has never just sit back without a plan and this has just been a bad time for something new with our economy doing what it is but that hasn't stopped others - Honda is just too conservative.

I want to see an article comparing the new Lambo, badest Ferrari, badest McClaren, Carrera GT, R8 V10, against the LFA! Let's just see how it really stacks up! Somebody needs to show Honda what's up. Not only that but look at Ford - you mentioned Ford - they are moving and they've got some great cars out there. If you like Muscle cars - they are really puttin it down. The Boss 302 is coming, the new Shelby 350 is bad ass too. They also took no cash from the public bail out! I actually like Mustangs and I've never had a muscle car. I drove a V6 model out in CA last year on vacation and that car was solid - really solid and it handled great too. I was impressed.

So there is definitely life after Honda. Honda should not risk pissing off it's loyal customers. I'm just sayin...

Waitin for your next one Jason...:wink:

Ok, give me a second..... I gotta take my pills first. GULP.... OK, here we go! ;)

I've got nothing ROFLMAO

I think I got it all out earlier, I'm just happy tonight, sorry folks, nothing to see here!

J

I agree 100%. I purchased 7 acuras.. 6 were new from the dealership. The NSX must be produced.

I went to an audi dealership a couple weeks ago, and I have to admit I was getting the same feeling as I did when I first saw the NSX. They have enjoyed a HUGE increase in the number of cars they sold. I can't remember the exact numbers, but the sales manager showing me the R8 told me that Audi has increased sales 3-400% since the R8 came out. This is why acura wanted to have a flagship. So you can point at the GSR and say the same engine is in there - only smaller. To say the Integra had the same suspension engineered for the NSX.. Now Audi has taken those upscale customers from Acura/Honda.

If they dont pull their heads out of their asses I see a lot of us honda/acura customers heading to audi. They definitely have me considering it. I can't believe I felt this way... and when you see their S4 with the same engine as the v8 R8... WHY BUY A TL?

+1, Acura and Honda is just so lost and desperate. They are probably panicking and have little idea what direction to take... sad.

Jason its funny that you mention Audi. My wife is in the market for a new car and her Top choice is the Audi A5. Beautiful car. We test drove the 2.0 turbo. To my surprise the car was a slouch. Fit and finish was awesome but the drive was mediocre. I had all the salesman gawking at the NSX which was funny considering 2 spyders was in the showroom and our salesman couldn't stop asking my wife questions about the NSX when I walked outside to look at other cars. A women who was a finance manager came out of the office and said that's a F***** beautiful car and there were kids present and I was thinking:eek::eek::eek: But anyways I think my next NEW car will be the new lotus Elan. Mid engine 2+2 all wheel drive and beautiful interior and exterior. I would have definately bought the HSC. In my opinion it has the best front end on any car I have EVER seen. And the way the door swings, game ova.

Last edited:
Jason its funny that you mention Audi. My wife is in the market for a new car and her Top choice is the Audi A5. Beautiful car. We test drove the 2.0 turbo. To my surprise the car was a slouch. Fit and finish was awesome but the drive was mediocre. I had all the salesman gawking at the NSX which was funny considering 2 spyders was in the showroom and our salesman couldn't stop asking my wife questions about the NSX when I walked outside to look at other cars. A women who was a finance manager came out of the office and said that's a F***** beautiful car and there were kids present and I was thinking:eek::eek::eek: But anyways I think my next NEW car will be the new lotus Elan. Mid engine 2+2 all wheel drive and beautiful interior and exterior. I would have definately bought the HSC. In my opinion it has the best front end on any car I have EVER seen. And the way the door swings, game ova.

I like that HSC too - same here!

Ok, give me a second..... I gotta take my pills first. GULP.... OK, here we go! ;)

I've got nothing ROFLMAO

I think I got it all out earlier, I'm just happy tonight, sorry folks, nothing to see here!

J

Glad your feeling better! Hope that the pain is under control.

Good now you can get back to entertaining us with more ideas of building future NSXs. I like it. See my new thread....:redface:

captainjman -- I feel the same pain as you and the rest of us do regarding Honda's lack of soul these days. It is truly a shame that the company that produced the NSX is now giving us nothing better than the likes of the Accord and the TL (both of which are certainly not enthusiast's vehicles and please don't get me started on a rant about their "styling"). And yes, Audi does have some terrific designs and I'm sure that the R8 is quite an amazing piece of work but there's that nagging feeling I have about VW/Audi quality. I'm not sure that I'd be so quick to run over to VW/Audi for this reason alone. I don't mean to knock the VW/Audi product -- perhaps there has been improvement in the past number of years, but I doubt that that the various quality surveys, whether JD Power/Consumers Reports, etc. are off base about VW/Audi and my bet is that the ownership experience isn't quite as pleasant (from a reliability and cost of repair/maintenance perspective) as Honda. Just my 2 cents.
Best,
Jeff (afraid to get an Audi -- LOL)

captainjman -- I feel the same pain as you and the rest of us do regarding Honda's lack of soul these days. It is truly a shame that the company that produced the NSX is now giving us nothing better than the likes of the Accord and the TL (both of which are certainly not enthusiast's vehicles and please don't get me started on a rant about their "styling"). And yes, Audi does have some terrific designs and I'm sure that the R8 is quite an amazing piece of work but there's that nagging feeling I have about VW/Audi quality. I'm not sure that I'd be so quick to run over to VW/Audi for this reason alone. I don't mean to knock the VW/Audi product -- perhaps there has been improvement in the past number of years, but I doubt that that the various quality surveys, whether JD Power/Consumers Reports, etc. are off base about VW/Audi and my bet is that the ownership experience isn't quite as pleasant (from a reliability and cost of repair/maintenance perspective) as Honda. Just my 2 cents.

Best,
Jeff (afraid to get an Audi -- LOL)

You're right - I wouldn't buy an Audi for the same reason. Maintenance and longevity. But the R8 would be fun for a while. But so would the new 911 Turbo. I'd rather have the 911 Turbo than the R8.

You're right - I wouldn't buy an Audi for the same reason. Maintenance and longevity. But the R8 would be fun for a while. But so would the new 911 Turbo. I'd rather have the 911 Turbo than the R8.

1. I agree - I must own a 911 turbo S someday (its on my list)
2. You MUST drive the R8 before saying you wouldn't buy one.

Its.... different than any of the other exotics I have driven, and it really does warrant a test drive. Surely not everyone will feel the way I did, but most will. Yes, audis may be expensive to maintain.

My anger with Acura ends at the service department- No question the maintenance is superior there. The customer experience is amazing. Even in my TLs I felt like the most important person in the world when I came in for service - and the bill was never crazy. When I come with the NSX it seems the white glove treatment.. giving me a TL Type SH Tech navi (not their normal loaner). and they proudly parked it in front of the showroom for everyone to look at. Asked me if it was okay to show people the car.. gotta love that ego-stroking huh? :)

P.S. Dtrig - I don't dislike you, Im just in pain after my surgery and took it out on you. Keeps me from kicking the dog or swearing at my wife. I still love you bro :)~ HAHA :biggrin:

What you say to the wife is your business ............... but kicking the dog is a heartless cowardly act and I hope you are not serious.:mad:

What you say to the wife is your business ............... but kicking the dog is a heartless cowardly act and I hope you are not serious.:mad:

Oh come on, does any of that sound like it was testimony? I didn't scream at the wife or kick the dog, it was just to say I am mad at life in general while in pain... goofball! LOL

Back