Make a difference, extend the NSX legacy

Yeah? Even if they build it off a modified Accord platform rather than all aluminum?

yep. Make it as badass looking as a Gallardo, just as much power or more, put the Honda name and reliability into it, sell it for less money than the competition. Like the first NSX, head cranking, driver friendly, dealer support everywhere, and inexpensive.

In comparison, that is an inexpensive car with a mass audience. Also, the decision to import an already-manufactured vehicle is much easier than the decision to design & build a $120k limited production supercar for a questionable customer base. So, yeah, I can see how letters would work for that. But not for a major business decision. They know what NSX owners want anyway - they've been hearing it for years. I do hope they change their minds though.

To respond further on the comparison:

The original (Euro) version of the E36 M3 was far more expensive and exclusive than the E36 M3 that the US ultimately received and much closer to the NSX in performance (as well as price/exclusivity) than the US version was.

BMW's decision to create a successor to the original E30 M3 was a decision not unlike the decision faced by Honda with the 2nd generation NSX, as the original M3 was a huge success in many ways, but did not achieve sales success in the US.

The original Euro E36 M3 made 286hp from 3.0 liters using high RPM and individual throttle bodies. Later Evos made 321 hp from 3.2 liters.

BMW's decision not to import the expensive 2nd Generation M3 to the US was a result of the prior generation's poor sales and the perception that the price was far more than people were willing to pay for a 3 series.

In this case BMW's response was not to import the 'already-manufactured' production version but rather to engineer a new US version. It ultimately paid off in sales. So, facing a decision to import a vehicle simlar to the NSX, they decided to develop and engineer a less expensive version ($45k instead of $65k+).

The NSX has always been about more than sales, which is why it sold so well in the early years and had the impact that it did to improve the quality of exotic cars in general. I want to see the successor live up to the original.

Last edited:
Yeah? Even if they build it off a modified Accord platform rather than all aluminum?

Right!

What Honda needs, is to find some engineers that understand Cost-Accounting.
300HP for $90k over the last 7 years was the problem with sales.
The Market desire for a half-price Ferrari or Lambo is HUGE!

HSC came out with bad results because they mentioned 300 HP again.
People loved the HSC but at 300 hp ....Honda had better be thinking $49k price range. That's what 300 HP is worth on the market (unless you are porsche and can sell 250HP for $60k but porsche is selling the "name" and Honda can't do that yet).
HSC crashed & burned because Honda was agian trying to push 300hp at $100k

HONDA ITS THE NUMBERS! - HP/cost.... not your engineering that needs help.
ASC is not the answer. (DO NOT RESUSCITATE) :tongue:

I know there is a little monkey for Honda that comes to this site and reads all these post.

("Hello little Honda Monkey... you are doing a good job so far)

I hear the ASC is "broke" and is not at the Chicago Auto Show,
whoever did that?...buy that guy a beer!

Last edited:
Back