97 Hardtop Blue Production numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by BostonNSX:
Now he took the pictures off the "NSX for SALE" post ( seller )

Now that is the kind of thing that would scare me, if I were a potential buyer.

Note that lots of photos are still available in the eBay listing.

One more point of interest re the "mixed bag" configuration - it has a "T" style brace in the engine bay - did this style become std., even on the coupes for the 97+'s?

When compared with the '01 white coupe, it does not have a brace

p.s. Great minds think alike I guess - I see this had already also been recognized in the "for sale" thread

[This message has been edited by D'Ecosse (edited 12 January 2003).]

(edit to kill my earlier post)

I still want to see the VIN in the engine bay though.

[This message has been edited by Markbert (edited 12 January 2003).]

So what's the final thought. A '93 NSX wrecked in the rear and a '97 wrecked in the front. The '97 didn't have a salvage title so that's the VIN to use. Cut the two cars in half and then weld together where the rear of the targa top meets the roof. Then, take the VIN plates from the '97 and replace the ones on the front end of the '93. I'm pretty much sure this is the way it was done and would certianly explain all of the anomalies seen with this car. I'd also like to see a picture of the bottom of the car as I'm sure there are weld lines somewhere.

I think this is considered VIN tampering and is punishable. But, Acura would have to get involved to confirm if this car is legit or not.

*Edit: The devil made me post this. This is my 666 post!

[This message has been edited by Dr.Lane (edited 12 January 2003).]

Viewed this car yesterday!. Just a quick note to let all of you know I got to take a good look at this car yesterday. I have been looking for about six months and after seeing this thread decided it might be worth looking at since I live in Atlanta. Since I am not an NSX expert like some of you I brought a friend of mine who works in a body shop to give me a hand. Shawn(harrier) and I talked about the comments on this thread for quite some time. He told me the car was purchased from California and they had it shipped to Georgia. My friend David took a good look at the body and came up with the following conclusions. He thinks the front right quarter panel may have been replaced and possibly repainted. It was hard to tell because whoever did it did a good job. He is sure that blue is the original color of the car but it could have been repainted. There wasn't a chips or scratches anywhere and the paint looked perfect which may indicate either someone took good care of the car or it was repainted when the panel was replaced. David said you would have to be an know a little about body work to recognize this. This car is certainly a hardtop and we couldn't find anything to indicated otherwise. The only exterior flaw was the right tail light had some moisture in in it(could have been cracked. The rims looked good and the tires where new. The old tires where in the shop and although the rears tires were worn the fronts looked okay. Also, we did find the vin # next to the engine and two other locations on the car and they all matched. there was a parking sticker in the rear window for a school. This could indicate maybe it belonged to some young kid.
As far as the interior of the car, overall it looked very good. There wasn't any stains or wear on the inside beyond what I would expect for a six year old car. The seats and carpet looked good. We did see the inspection report from Acura on this vehicle and the only thing it had on it was that the center console was not original and the spare tire was missing. My next step was to take the car on a test drive. I drove around town for about 20 minutes and got up to about 90mph on the highway. I have driven NSX's before and this one drove as good as any other one. The engine ran great and the transmission felt strong. Overall I was impressed with the car. It is possible some paint work was done but its not something I could notice. The car mostly as advertised. I am going to see what my bank will do and make any offer myself. If you have any questions send me an email.

Jack

Originally posted by Markbert:
4. the center console is from a 91-93

No, the center console is from a '91-92.

Originally posted by Markbert:
I suspect the body of this car is coupe, probably a 93, and was stripped and given a full repaint. I say 93 because it looks as if the interior is almost all from a higher milage coupe and 93 is the only year I am aware of with that center console and an airbag

No, the center console is from a '91-92, and was never installed at the factory on a U.S. car with a passenger side airbag.

Originally posted by jjperkins:
the only thing it had on it was that the center console was not original and the spare tire was missing

Well, the bracket that the spare tire would mount to is missing, too. I'm sure this is one of the "non-critical bits" that Lud was referring to.

OPINION: I'd want to give this car one hell of an inspection before putting down any money.

I'd still love to find out the full story on this car!

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 13 January 2003).]

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
Are in the US the windows for newer cars a little "greenish"? In Europe this is the case and this cars appears to have the new ones.

Yes, in the U.S. also, they changed the glass in '97 to newly designed, heat absorbing glass, as noted here.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 12 January 2003).]

THE Faq, of course.
biggrin.gif

This forum is great! Some of you guys have some mad picture detective skills! And to think, some people thought that my car was crap!
wink.gif
Anyways, I would have to say that this car was in some sort of major wreck and either flipped over or buckled the frame bad enough that the roof bowed in. That would explain the transplanted roof from a coupe. I believe that it is a 97 and the vin is correct for this car, but it was a "T" earlier in its life. I didn't see the Ebay pics, but trust the opinions of Lud, Nsxtacy, etc. as to what they saw in the pictures. Harrier, I'd also like to ask what auction, or what kind of auction (Salvage), did you purchse this car from? I don't see any sale record with any of the common auction arenas in SO. CA for this car.

[This message has been edited by ck (edited 12 January 2003).]

is it my problem or what.. the additional pix of this car on ebay is not showing.. its just the thumb nails which are showing up

Just to make things more interesting... (flame suit has been put on)... jjperkins may have some sort of connection to the seller... he only has two posts and just registered this month.

Just playing the devils advocate...

is it my problem or what.. the additional pix of this car on ebay is not showing.. its just the thumb nails which are showing up

It might be your problem.

If you click on any of the thumb nails in the eBay listing, it will show a full-size photo.

If you click on where it says "View Up to 16 Full-Size Photos" in the eBay listing, it will let you select from 16 thumb nails.

Originally posted by POWERED by HONDA:
Just to make things more interesting... (flame suit has been put on)... jjperkins may have some sort of connection to the seller... he only has two posts and just registered this month.

Yeah his only other post was the same message on the other thread about this car

as D Erosse told me.. that the seller ( shawn ) seems to replace the carpets with the new ones before putting the car on Ebay.

I got an ebay account. Whenever I saw its ebay auction page.. I wanna email the bidder and link him this thread. but. .well. I just sometimes cant stand someone spend mad $$ and got a shXtty nsx. But well guess it is better just shut up and watch

as D Erosse told me.. that the seller ( shawn ) seems to replace the carpets with the new ones before putting the car on Ebay.

I got an ebay account. Whenever I saw its ebay auction page.. I wanna email the bidder and link him this thread. but. .well. I just sometimes cant stand someone spend mad $$ and got a shXtty nsx. But well guess it is better just shut up and watch
Dear sir,

I do not know who you are our this D Erosse individual. I don't appreciate the lies you are spreading on this forum about our NSX. This vehicle has been inspected by Acura and several individuals without any major discrepancies. I welcome your inspection of the vehicle, in person, at any time. I don't think the other informative members of this forum would agree with your child-like tactics. Again, I welcome your personal inspection of the vehicle.

"Inspected by Acura" doesn't necessarily mean diddly. When my car was inspected by a dealership (Bellevue Acura, in washington, one that isn't a stranger to NSXes), they missed the fact that it was lowered... With purple springs, no less. Seriously, if they can miss something pretty significant like that, who knows what else they could miss. Especially if it was a dealer/tech that wasn't an NSX geek.

It'd be interesting to see what the car weighs. Even with the roof replaced, it'd still be heavier than a couple would be, wouldn't it? If it were a -T that is.

-Mike

Dear Shawn I didnt email any one and I wont

eveything I said have nuthing to do with anyother NSXprime individuals. Nor intended to offense you in any sense. In fact I was a bit worried that you got this nsx at a very high price.

Thanks

Originally posted by harrier:

[This message has been edited by BostonNSX (edited 12 January 2003).]

Originally posted by grippgoat:
"Inspected by Acura" doesn't necessarily mean diddly. When my car was inspected by a dealership (Bellevue Acura, in washington, one that isn't a stranger to NSXes), they missed the fact that it was lowered... With purple springs, no less. Seriously, if they can miss something pretty significant like that, who knows what else they could miss. Especially if it was a dealer/tech that wasn't an NSX geek.

Yeah, my old '95 was inspected by 3 dealers. I bought my '95 from a 3rd party and he provided documentation from an acura dealer that certified the car was perfect. I was skeptical so I brought it to another dealer. They gave the car a clean bill of health too. I bought it.

Then one day I decided to trade it in for an '01 NSX. Took it to another dealer, and guess what, they told me my car had frame damage. I always had rubbing problems that I could not explain, but now it all makes sense.

I didn't want to believe it had frame damage. I just thought the dealer was trying to con me so that I would accept less money for the trade. It turns out that the "foreman" mechanic is an NSX owner himself, and he hoisted my '95 NSX and the '01 NSX I was looking at and showed me exactly where the damage was. With these 2 cars side by side it was evident my car had frame damage. I could even tell where it was welded and where it was painted to conceal the damage. Dealers do mess up from time to time.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Originally posted by kinnsella:
Other thing I just noticed...Check out this picture of the car. Under the rear glass, is that a Targa type roof holder engine cover. It looks raised like the Targa's....can anyone verify this....
http://www.ebizautos.com/emotorgroup/photo_viewer.cfm?iid=12422&w=830&pid=10

[This message has been edited by kinnsella (edited 12 January 2003).]

Mr. Peter Jubbs,

WE DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE CONTACTING THE HIGH BIDDERS ON EBAY ABOUT THIS VEHICLE AND TELLING THEM THIS CAR IS NOT REAL. I HAVE SERVERAL EMAILS FROM CUSTOMERS THAT YOU HAVE CONTACTED. I DON'T THINK YOU WANT TO OPEN YOURSELF UP TO A LIBEL LAWSUIT. YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS VEHICLE IN PERSON SO KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF.

How do you know his name? Your bidder emailed you about " Mr Peter Jubbs emailed me regarding your Nsx?" and assumed that you know "Mr Peter Jubs" in person?

Originally posted by harrier:
Mr. Peter Jubbs,

WE DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE CONTACTING THE HIGH BIDDERS ON EBAY ABOUT THIS VEHICLE AND TELLING THEM THIS CAR IS NOT REAL. I HAVE SERVERAL EMAILS FROM CUSTOMERS THAT YOU HAVE CONTACTED. I DON'T THINK YOU WANT TO OPEN YOURSELF UP TO A LIBEL LAWSUIT. YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS VEHICLE IN PERSON SO KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF.

Harrier,

If people pull out of your auction when they know of all the inconsistencies with your vehicle that you are unable to explain, whose fault is that. I'm sure they were able to make up their own minds about the validity of your claims. If you bought this vehicle without knowing its true condition, which is quite possible at any auction, I feel sorry for you.

When it is libel, are these facts not true:

A. the vin doesn't match the body style.
B. the car is missing parts and has some parts that indicate it was a Targa, most notably a triangular brace in the engine bay....might want to take that out
wink.gif

C. there are many signs of repair, especially in the front bay where there is over spray and you can clearly see welds across the firewall that don't exist on an undamaged vehicle.
D. Many other suspicous details, sold at auction when it was only 5 months old. Not registered in CA for almost five years, It wouldn't have been legal to drive it after 6/99. Then it was registered in two different states within 40 days...I could go on.

I ask you as many members have of this forum to explain these issues. If you have a valid explanation, I know these guys will drop it. You have failed to answer any of these allegations....

Anyway, I have said my piece and will hold comments until you reply. I await your response.

[This message has been edited by kinnsella (edited 13 January 2003).]

Originally posted by POWERED by HONDA:

I was thinking the same thing....just too obvious, isn't it? Do they think that we can be fooled that easily?
-Thomas

------------------
'94 Brooklands Green Pearl/Black NSX
5-Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back