97 Hardtop Blue Production numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
.......again, can't wait to see those pics.........
icon_rolleyes.gif

Interesting post Lud... When I brought my car to the dealer it has always been serviced at (I am the 2nd owner), they wouldn't give me direct access to the car's history! They said it was against Honda policy even though I am now the owner of the car. Needless to say, I was disappointed although they were able to give me a summary report that the car was well maintained, no big repairs, etc.

Maybe I have to find a friend at Acura so I can actually learn the exact details of my car!
wink.gif

Originally posted by Paul65K:
Just one more comment on the pricing front. I just bought a 97 NSX-T last week(via an advertisement on this forum) here are the specifics:

Black/Tan
12,932 miles
No rock chips, repaint etc..

Wow, is this possible? almost 13k miles with NO rock chips?? I've seen NSXs that are kept by some of the best owners with fewer miles that have rock chips. Was this car only driving indoors? Amazing!!
smile.gif

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

Originally posted by Blue Knight:
Wow, is this possible? almost 13k miles with NO rock chips?? I've seen NSXs that are kept by some of the best owners with fewer miles that have rock chips. Was this car only driving indoors? Amazing!!
smile.gif

OK, OK already Blue Knight is absolutely correct! I really should have said no NOTICEABLE rock chips!

Sorry for the over zealousness of a giddy new owner!!!

Please note the correction to the signature, thanks for pointing out my typo.

PB

------------------
97 NSX-T Black/Tan
00 Mercedes 430CLK (Cab)
93 Cadillac Allante (Northstar)
83 Cessna 303 (Crusader)

Shawn added the photos to his original post (the first post in this topic, at the top of page 1).

Wow, a real blue coupe. Could you give us a close up look of the interior seats and engine. Thank you for the pics.

------------------
--
'03 MDX Starlight Silver/Ebony
- 260 HP :) -> miles start to climb
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- 10k miles
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey - 5k miles
'93 300SE MBZ - 97k miles and running strong :)

"Daaaayyuuummmmmmm!!!!
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

That puts the "T" vin# theory to rest (for now)....Awesome!!!! So what are you going to price it at??

[This message has been edited by Deuce (edited 07 January 2003).]

Originally posted by Deuce:
"Daaaayyuuummmmmmm!!!!
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

That puts the "T" vin# theory to rest....Awesome!!!! So what are you going to price it at??

Priced at $54,000 obo

Originally posted by Blue Knight:
smile.gif

My 7K mile beauty has no rock chips, actually no flaws anywhere. Even the chin spoiler is perfect.

Most of those 7K miles were outside!!!

------------------

Car looks sweet! One question though...

Did 97's have that divet in the armrest? I have a 94 and it does not. I thought that was for the vtec plate on early cars????
Just curious...
Aaron

doesn't a '97 have a split armrest w/ cup holders?

auction car=rebuilder?looks like 91-93 interior?

Originally posted by randall:
auction car=rebuilder?looks like 91-93 interior?

The center armrest cover looks like it's from '91-92 (no cupholder), but the dash looks like a '93 or later, since it has a passenger airbag. No U.S. car left the factory with both those pieces, so at least one of them has been replaced.

It could be just the pictures, but the interior looks pretty rough for a 4k mile car - Dirt & bunched up material on the headliner, no floormats, seats look worn, looks like the center caps are machined while the wheels are chrome, the armest looks to have the old DOHC plate peeled off of it...
Granted all my oberservations are based on less than ideal photos and could be incorrect. I'd love to see some more detailed photos.

(edit because my typings stinks)

[This message has been edited by Markbert (edited 07 January 2003).]

I would like to see very close up shots of the various VIN locations (windshild plate rivits are factory unique, engine compartment stamped in on firewall, plus the little hidden VIN labels that can found here and there).

[This message has been edited by mandrewz (edited 11 January 2003).]

Originally posted by Markbert:
It could be just the pictures, but the interior looks pretty rough for a 4k mile car - Dirt & bunched up material on the headliner, no floormats, seats look worn, looks like the center caps are machined while the wheels are chrome, the armest looks to have the old DOHC plate peeled off of it...

I was thinking the same thing. That interior looks ROUGH for a 4,000 mile car. The seats and carpet look beat down, and that missing "NSX DOCH VTEC" plate on the 91-92 style armrest suggest foul play.

------------------
Mitch

1991 Acura NSX black/ivory (auto)
2002 Honda S2000 white/red (6-speed)

Originally posted by tabasco:
My 7K mile beauty has no rock chips, actually no flaws anywhere. Even the chin spoiler is perfect.

Most of those 7K miles were outside!!!

T, I gotta hand it to ya...7k is not much, but no rock chips and flawless!! I just hope I'm as careful as you. I did a couple of rough group drives and I got tons of rock chips just drilling through the hills at high speeds....I know many out there repaint every so often.

As for the '97 blue coupe, the carpet is waaaaaaaay below average for 4k miles....unless they had a custom gray carpet that year....
smile.gif

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

I reviewed the pictures of this car pretty carefully. Unfortunately they are low resolution and many are very dark, but this is certainly an "interesting" car.

I have a theory about what may have happened to this car, but speculation is rather pointless.

I'd love to eventually learn the full history behind this car. It seems to have led a very interesting life.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 13 January 2003).]

Originally posted by Lud:
I have a theory about what may have happened to this car, but speculation is rather pointless so I am only going to comment on the above facts at this point.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 11 January 2003).]

Come on Lud, what do you think? It seems like one of two options. 1) A wrecked 97 T that has welded on a top or 2) A wrecked early model coupe with a VIN switch.

I haven't heard any speculation about the engine/transmission area that would help tell the difference between 1) and 2).

This is a very interesting thread and the seller hasn't commented recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back