91 100k maintenance help!

My 91 has 94k on it and will be going to a shop soon for a bunch of things and I was wondering what should be done to the cars at or around 100k?

Im already doing:
-clutch/flywheel/pp/ possibly 2nd gear syncros or all if it needs it ( clutchmasters fx300 and jun ultralight fly)
-timing belt/ water pump (oem)
-steering rack bushings (sos)
-window fix kit ( if i can ever get a hold of huga that is)
-oil change and baffled oil pan ( royal purple/sos)
-ac recharge/ belt

Already done:
-Cleaned my air filter
-new ngk iridium plugs
-new tires
-rotors/pads/brake lines/ fluid
- new leather seat skins and zanardi mats

Last edited:
If it has never been changed to your knowledge, do the harmonic balancer and the thermostat as well. Save you going back to replace or repair. Worth doing in the long run. IMO

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

I thought about doing the balancer. Go with oem or the nice ati one? And if i do the thermostat, ill need coolant (obviously) but i heard the nsx takes lots of it! And the large collection of hoses also are an issue with some high milage cars ive read.

Turbo. Seriously. My angus turbo has been flawless for over 2 years. The feeling you get when you punch it at 60mph in top gear and you are now suddenly doing 120 is priceless.

400>250 by FAR!!!!!! Kick M5's, E63's, c6's, etc etc.
If not, do you spool valve gaskets.

Turbo. Seriously. My angus turbo has been flawless for over 2 years. The feeling you get when you punch it at 60mph in top gear and you are now suddenly doing 120 is priceless.

400>250 by FAR!!!!!! Kick M5's, E63's, c6's, etc etc.
If not, do you spool valve gaskets.

I would if i had an extra 10k for a turbo kit...unfortunately im in the military and barely can afford this mountain of maintenance coming up lol

Valve adjustment
All coolant hoses/new coolant
ABS Brake fluid flush

Valve adjustment
All coolant hoses/new coolant
ABS Brake fluid flush

Ive thought about the coolant/ hoses and will most likely try to get to it. How much is a valve adjust? And i have new fluid in the lines, just have to do the abs flush to hopefully allow my abs to work again. Thanks

Ive thought about the coolant/ hoses and will most likely try to get to it. How much is a valve adjust? And i have new fluid in the lines, just have to do the abs flush to hopefully allow my abs to work again. Thanks

The valve adjust usually is included in the TB/WP job price. At least it was at my dealer. You should check. Also, you really should try to do the hoses, thermostat, coolant tank and balancer. All of these items eventually fail with age.

Do you guys replace all 22 hoses and hardware????

Yes. 23 if you count the overflow tube on the coolant tank (yes I replaced that too) :D

Yes. 23 if you count the overflow tube on the coolant tank (yes I replaced that too) :D

I saw it took another prime member like 3 days to do it himself...im. not sure if its something i want to try and tackle but i dont have an extra 2k to let a shop do it since i have quite a bit of maintenance to do.

How much were all the hoses/hardware and where did you purchase them from? I saw dali sells some kit or something?

Last edited:
Ran me $285 for my hoses. Haven't had them installed yet will here in 3 weeks with my TB/WP and all.

Ran me $285 for my hoses. Haven't had them installed yet will here in 3 weeks with my TB/WP and all.

Where did you get your parts @? Are you planning on doing the work yourself?

Is it better to buy the needed parts before hand to save $?

Is it better to buy the needed parts before hand to save $?

IMHO...Not if your intention is to take the parts to a shop to have them installed. As a general rule, shops will almost never warranty their repair if you hand them the parts. So, if the warranty doesn't mean that much to you, buy the parts yourself.

I never thought of that, thanks!

Back