24 hrs countdown till repainting car! which color should i choose?

okay
its been dropped off.

will be done right... over, under, around, inside etc etc.
(well, it BETTER be)

guys, should i paint the front lower lip white, or leave it rubber dark grey?

btw ive decided to go with the nsx-r look.:cool:

momin,
it should be done in a couple of weeks.
dont worry, i decided to paint the c/f hood as well:biggrin:
sos informed me my suspensions should arrive in a couple of weeks
as well. all in good time... tho i hope not too late before it gets TOO cold.
i'll contact u then. should all go as plan.

I'm really glad you went with the nsx-r look. It's like perfection in my mind of where Japanese traditional art styles meet technologically advanced machinery. -- Pure white rice paper with beautifully stroked black brush lines with hints of red from the artist's signature stamp. You've seen those cool paintings. It's timeless, classic...and now, iconic as Honda's crown creation. It's like a masterpiece of art on the road, man. Imagine if you just got it repainted, when you got it back, you would of course be excited because it's looks totally restored to its original self and brilliant looking. But now...this time when you get it back...it's gonna feel like a whoooole different new car! Hang in there, it'll be tough waiting to see it let alone drive it!

Last edited:
vf2ss - well said.
i agree, since i also do those kind of paintings. :wink:

Last edited:
nsxfrontsmall.jpg

Midnight Pearl!

I want to repaint mine as the picture above has fresh paint... and I think that the older the Midnight Pearl gets, its fades into more of a purple color... I love the original color sooo much though!

How much would one expect to pay to repaint the entire car without doing a color change? You shouldn't have to remove the body panels for that right? :redface:

I'd do the newer Lamborghini pearl white(Bianco Cygnus) or yellow(Giallo Orion) and keep the top black.

I know it's too late but I like the Lambo balloon white also.

Either that or how about a flat black? This SLR 722 has me drooling

attachment.php

Keep the lip black rubber. You WILL scrape it on things, and it's a cheap replacement. I'm never putting a front lip on or painting the rubber. That's why it's there, it's made to be replaced.

if you have 14 hrs left and you havent decided on what color to get, id wait on it...thats a decision i would never rush.

I know it's too late but I like the Lambo balloon white also.

Either that or how about a flat black? This SLR 722 has me drooling

attachment.php

:eek: :eek: :eek: omg! that color is badass!

I'm in the same boat my berlina black 91 is in need of new paint but ALL my cars are black I'm tired of black. I want something with some zing to it. Trying to decide between imola orange, lbb, inferno red crystal pearl or kaiser silver myself, what are your guys thoughts on the subject

hey not to sound stupid, but which piece is that?
let me know, thanx.

anyhow, time is up!
i am taking her there right now.
i'll be without her for 2-3 weeks.
its a little depressing thinking about it really...
its like having a family member going away for
whole body surgery or something.
wish me luck.
i'll post pics when its done.

The piece between the exhaust tips. Here's a pic of a white NSX with the rear valence in black plastic. I've seen these painted to color match the car, and it always looks to me like the paint shop just painted it because they didn't know to leave it black. Obviously, it's more prone to happen to a black car that is being painted a different color. Make sure this doesn't happen to you.

attachment.php

I can't find a picture of a stock, pre '02 rear valence painted to match. Here's a pic of one that is painted, but it looks okay because the car also has Wings West rear spats to match. Otherwise, the center will look lower than the sides.

IMG_10281.jpg

The piece between the exhaust tips. Here's a pic of a white NSX with the rear valence in black plastic. I've seen these painted to color match the car, and it always looks to me like the paint shop just painted it because they didn't know to leave it black. Obviously, it's more prone to happen to a black car that is being painted a different color. Make sure this doesn't happen to you.

attachment.php

ah yes. thanx for the info, tho i already told them to leave it black... REPAINT it black, actually.

ouch!
i did not take any right before taking it in to the shop, but there's some i took last month. i guess that counts.

ouch!
i did not take any right before taking it in to the shop, but there's some i took last month. i guess that counts.

how much is the "repainting" costing you, if you dont mind me asking. looking to repaint my whole car to berlina black... paints just messed up

Back